Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does every stadium have it's own power generator?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Personally, I like the "NFL Conspiracy to get the 49'ers back in it" theory.
    LOL, I bet you do

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I think I recall a power outage in the last five years at another NFL game. Cant recall where. Does anyone remember that?
    The $1.6 BILLION DOLLAR Excrement Stadium in NJ had one.
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The pats old stadium had one in the 1996 playoffs
    Don`t remember it but who cares anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Candlestick park last season had an outage before the start of the Pitt vs SF game.....
    A MNF game too, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I believe this actually happened at Metlife Stadium during a Giants game as well.
    Yes, it did. For that kind of money you`d figure that would never happen unless a tornado or hurricane was happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The power was turned off intentionally. The game was becoming a blowout, that's a nightmare for the league.
    I agree 100%. Believe me, the NFL has it`s system in place and little things they can do to detract fans from seeing how fixed the league is, they will use it.

Remember this, the NFL hates the NY Jets. If it wasn`t for the Jets, the NFL would have never had to merge with the AFL. The NFL was losing so many players in the draft to the AFL and the NFL was a very boring game at that time(run, run, run, run, short pass, run, run, FG). The AFL was an up and coming league and very exciting. It was something new and the NFL hated it. The NFL hates the Jets. They will probably NEVER win another SB again unless the Jets, and whomever the owner is, pay off the NFL like Mara, Kraft, Steelers owner, Jerry Jones, Packers fans, etc.. do. Well, thats my conspiracy thoughts anyway. LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I think I recall a power outage in the last five years at another NFL game. Cant recall where. Does anyone remember that?
    Um Yep I remember 16 of them and strangely enough they were all Jet games this year thanks to Tony S. and Sanchez

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Power not really a problem its those lights, once they go of it takes min 10mins to come back on. The power once it's figured out is easier to "fix"
    Yes, and yet the dummies on CBS kept saying "the power's slowly coming back on," as if there was some giant light dimmer that was slooowly being turned

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Remember this, the NFL hates the NY Jets. If it wasn`t for the Jets, the NFL would have never had to merge with the AFL. The NFL was losing so many players in the draft to the AFL and the NFL was a very boring game at that time(run, run, run, run, short pass, run, run, FG). The AFL was an up and coming league and very exciting. It was something new and the NFL hated it. The NFL hates the Jets. They will probably NEVER win another SB again unless the Jets, and whomever the owner is, pay off the NFL like Mara, Kraft, Steelers owner, Jerry Jones, Packers fans, etc.. do. Well, thats my conspiracy thoughts anyway. LOL
    Yeah, that's not even remotely true. The AFL/NFL decided to merge before Super Bowl 3.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    That was pretty good...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    That power outage for over a half an hour was the worst thing I have seen in Superbowl history. They spend so much money building these stadiums, it would stand to reason that they should have their own power generator to light the place up if a transformer fails outside the place. I think they said it was like over 80 minutes before Flacco and the offense took the field again. The 49ers came right out and scored 17 points against and older tighter Ravens defense. This should never happen again, and the NFL should mandate these stadiums be able to stand on their own if the power goes out!
    I don't know. But I know my home does and I'm happier than a pig in sh*t because of it.

The first thing I did at my current home was buy a telephone pole and had the power lines run to the new telephone pole. I then rented an excavator and dug a trench from the pole to the house. I then put in conduit and ran cable and telephone (in case I want it later). The power company said THEY had to run the power lines themselves. I then back filled the trench. I also had a new breaker box put in my basement.

I now have generator hook up.

When the power goes out, the power instantly comes back on via my generator. It tests itself once a month. All I have to do is fill the propane.

I NEVER lose my power. It's worth its weight in gold.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    That was pretty good...
    Arod:

GMC SUCKS. They took bail out money from the government. I will NEVER buy another GM or Chrysler vehicle so long as I live.

Also, those generators performance wise. You get dirty power from them. You wouldn't want to hook up sensitive electronics to that generator.

Honda is the best on the market. You pay WAY more than you do for a regular generator, but you pay for what you get.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Arod:

GMC SUCKS. They took bail out money from the government. I will NEVER buy another GM or Chrysler vehicle so long as I live.

Also, those generators performance wise. You get dirty power from them. You wouldn't want to hook up sensitive electronics to that generator.

Honda is the best on the market. You pay WAY more than you do for a regular generator, but you pay for what you get.
    Whoosh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Whoosh.
    Whoosh to you.

I was talking about GM taking bailout money, I wasn't speaking of the ongoing joke in this thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Arod:

I wasn't even paying attention to the brand of it but thanks for the info Maine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    That power outage for over a half an hour was the worst thing I have seen in Superbowl history. They spend so much money building these stadiums, it would stand to reason that they should have their own power generator to light the place up if a transformer fails outside the place. I think they said it was like over 80 minutes before Flacco and the offense took the field again. The 49ers came right out and scored 17 points against and older tighter Ravens defense. This should never happen again, and the NFL should mandate these stadiums be able to stand on their own if the power goes out!
    I don't get how crazy everyone is getting about this power outage thing. This stuff happens sometimes. Most places have generators, but they're just to maintain a bare minimum of power. They just run s a few lights, maybe offices if there are any in the stadium, and anything that preserves food like freezers. The kind of generators needed to power an entire football stadium would be ridiculous in cost to run.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Yeah, that's not even remotely true. The AFL/NFL decided to merge before Super Bowl 3.
    well ofcourse they were planning it before the Jets won. Jets drafted Namath in 1965. The NFL was losing college prospects left and right. The Jets beating the Colts was the final nail basically because the Packers had won the 2 previous championship games so the NFL still had a hand up at that time. Then the Jets just slammed the nail in and football fans were already turning towards the AFL because it was more exciting to watch and they had some big names playing. So if you feel it ain`t "remotely true", feel that way. I see it differently.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somethin's being generated aroun' here.