Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If the Ravens actually cut Anquan Boldin, the Jets should go after him

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Ravens actually cut Anquan Boldin, the Jets should go after him

He'd rub off on our young receivers and give whoever our QB is a legitimate target to throw to. The guy makes ridiculous plays on a regular basis.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if the Packers actually cut Rogers, the Jets should go after him, too.

Excellent thread btw.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cut? Dafuq.

Is there anything that suggests this might be a possibility?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    And if the Packers actually cut Rogers, the Jets should go after him, too.

Excellent thread btw.
    Actually there were reports during the week that theres a chance that can happen... go be a jo on a patsie board

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    christ....i hate uneducated Jets fans.

We're not signing any major deals in Free Agency this year. We'll plug a few holes, but that's about it. Idzik is going to build through the draft.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reports?

Link?

And my name's no Jo.
    www.herpityderpitydoo.com/ImClueless

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boldin will be 33 in October with a $6 million contract ($7.531 vs. the cap) for this season, the last of his deal. The Ravens are expected to be about $5 million over the cap before cuts/signings/restructures. And with Flacco expected to get as much as he possibly can ($18 per? maybe more now?), they are going to be hard-pressed to keep a lot of their guys. Boldin really could be gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Actually there were reports during the week that theres a chance that can happen... go be a jo on a patsie board

Those reports are about as credible as the Jets having the cabbage to sign him. Do you honestly think they will cut him after the performance he turned in this season's playoffs and the Super Bowl?

And my name's not Jo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    According to this article he may be released plus if they franchise Flacco he will be getting Revis type money.. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anquan-boldin/

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post

We're not signing any major deals in Free Agency this year. We'll plug a few holes, but that's about it. Idzik is going to build through the draft.
    this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calm down, Guijo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post

There is a VERY high chance they cut boldin.

I believe baltimore is right up against the cap (if not over) and that is not including the $20 million for Flacco. They also paul kruger as an UFA who will probably get $6+ million a year. That also isnt including resigning ed reed.

They also face the chance of needing to replace matt birk in addition to ray lewis.

They have some young WRs in Tandon Doss and Jacoby Jones who has a big salary increase in his 2013 number.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post

Exactly

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    He'd rub off on our young receivers and give whoever our QB is a legitimate target to throw to. The guy makes ridiculous plays on a regular basis.
    How would the Jets pay for him, monopoly money?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, we'd pay him in Patriot Lombardi Trophies won since Spygate got exposed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    No, we'd pay him in Patriot Lombardi Trophies won since Spygate got exposed.

Not your best work there, McG.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those reports are about as credible as the Jets having the cabbage to sign him. Do you honestly think they will cut him after the performance he turned in this season's playoffs and the Super Bowl?

And my name's not Jo.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anquan-boldin/

altimore wide receiver Anquan Boldin has been a playoff difference maker, catching 16 passes for 276 yards and three touchdowns through three postseason wins. But Sunday’s Super Bowl may be his last game in a Ravens uniform due to Baltimore’s forthcoming salary cap issues.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter stated on NFL Live Thursday that the Ravens currently project to be $5 million over the 2013 salary cap. And that’s before they address quarterback Joe Flacco’s contract situation, which at the very least will involve applying a $14.6 million franchise tag. At that point, Baltimore would soar to nearly $20 million over the cap.

The Ravens will soon face some difficult decisions, one being the future of Boldin. Releasing Boldin would free up $5.5 million in cap space, and Schefter said it “very well” may happen.

Cutting fellow receiver Jacoby Jones would create another $3.5 million in cap room.

Schefter also stated that Baltimore’s cap woes could cost the franchise an opportunity to re-sign impending free agent linebacker Paul Kruger. Kruger has been the Ravens’ best pass rusher this season. If Kruger hit the market, he’d be the top available “rush linebacker“ in 2013 free agency.

If this isn't enough info let me know I can get more for you.... Without a doubt something can / will happen. He is either going to be released or renegotiate the existing contract...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure there is a good chance that Boldin could be cut, but why would the Jets invest in a 33 year old WR who will be looking for 6-7 million dollars a year? He is nice player, but hardly fits into the Jets rebuilding process.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not your best work there, McG.
    It was late in the game, man. Had to take a shot...

Yes? No?