Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Congratulations Flacco and Kaepernick

  1. #1

    Congratulations Flacco and Kaepernick

    You just earned yourself roughly $21 million a year for probably the next 7 years.

    Unfortunately, Baltimore also will guarantee that they won't be a major contender for the next 7 years either.

    I haven't seen a QB rely more on Wing-and-a-prayer passes more than this guy does. Flacco doesn't make reads. He lofts it up and hopes his WR and TE will make a play.

    The only nice pass I'll concede to the guy is the TD pass to Boldin where he actually had some velocity on the ball and threaded the needle to his back shoulder. That was pretty nice.

    However, I'm still not ranking Flacco above Eli Manning, Roethlisberger, Kaepernick, Luck, RG3, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, or Brady.

    I'd still take everyone of them.

    Flacco can't even eclipse his RB. The key to Baltimore making it back next year still rests more with Rice's considerable skills more than Flacco's. There's no two ways about it.

    Here's the craziest thing: When has a UFA NFL SB MVP not been resigned? Because I think Flacco will honestly be looking for $20+ million a year. And I don't think Ozzie Newsome will just shell that out. He's a pretty damned good GM.


    Now as for Kaepernick:

    Started 11 games and despite some young'un mistakes last night, he was still the most explosive and exciting player on the field.

    I have NEVER seen an arm like that. Not even Elway had a cannon like this guy.

    If his ability to read a defense further develops and he doesn't get injured, I think Kaepernick is on his way to being one of the top 3-5 QB's in the NFL by 2015.

    Crabtree, Davis, James, and him are all relatively young, too. I still maintain that they have the best roster in the league from 1-53.

    Just an incredible young QB to step into the Super Bowl in his 11th game and stage a comeback like that. If the Niners Defense actually shows up and prevents a single score in the first half, this game is the true coming out party for this guy. Not that it wasn't anyway.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,999
    Joe Flacco is awesome. Stop hating.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,559
    I wonder what Suckchez is thinking about when he watches that game.

    I bet he doesnt care.

    he has more money than 99 percent of the earth and he's fine.

    he is NOT driven.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,169
    IIRC, under the new CBA I don't think teams can touch a players contract until they have played three years. So Kaep will play at least one more season under his rookie deal.

    Flacco is in for a nice payday. And it is deserved. Nobody has put up with more ridicule than Flacco. I have seen estimates between 17 and 20 million per year. Last night on NFLN Flacco said that Bisciotti told him that if he wins this game he can bang on his desk and demand whatever he wants.

    I am not sure why you don't think they will be a contender. Yes, the defense has gotten old but Baltimore is an offensive team now. And they have a very talented core of young players on offense. Not to mention a first-class FO that will replenish the defense.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I wonder what Suckchez is thinking about when he watches that game.

    I bet he doesnt care.

    he has more money than 99 percent of the earth and he's fine.

    he is NOT driven.
    What does this have to do with Sanchez?

    Why bring up a Canadian League level QB in this conversation about a slightly above average NFL QB and one of the top young QB's in the NFL?

  6. #6
    Never have been a Flacco fan, but have to largely disagree with the assessment. He did make reads last night and threw some nice passes. Ball placement was good as was the velocity. Deep ball had good touch on it.

    That said, it's premature to put him in the "elite" category as some wanted to do last night. At least for now, he's up there in the 2nd tier of QBs, though he has perfect timing as he'll get an "elite" level contract.

    As for Kaep, yeah, he has a cannon for an arm and made some nice passes last night. have to say that I watched him from a "Tebow" perspective all game long. By that I mean that I watched how he played and compared it to some of the things that Tebow got killed for last year.

    Can't count the number of plays where WRs were open but Kaep couldn't find them. Couldn't tell whether it was due to where he was in his progressions (WR open before he should be looking at them, but covered by the time he reaches them in progression), or if he just had trouble with progressions and finding open receivers on the field. If that was Tebow, he would have gotten slammed for it (as he was last year).

    Noticed a number of plays where he ball faked to absolutely nobody in the pistol. RB would come down his right side but he faked to the left. Not sure if that was by design, or if he or the RB was on the wrong page.

    All in all though, he's a young QB and is still learning, can't fault him at all for how he played last night.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,169
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    What does this have to do with Sanchez?

    Why bring up a Canadian League level QB in this conversation about a slightly above average NFL QB and one of the top young QB's in the NFL?
    How dare you insult the CFL.


  8. #8
    Kaep's arm is ridiculous. I don't know how receivers hang on to some of those throws.

    We'd kill to have either one of them. If Flacco was on the Jets, and he put together the same exact performance, we'd be talking a ton of s*** right now about how he's the best thing since sliced white bread...or since Joe Willie.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,584
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    Kaep's arm is ridiculous. I don't know how receivers hang on to some of those throws.

    We'd kill to have either one of them. If Flacco was on the Jets, and he put together the same exact performance, we'd be talking a ton of s*** right now about how he's the best thing since sliced white bread...or since Joe Willie.
    Funny the Super Bowl QB's came from those football powers Nevada-Reno and Delaware..

  10. #10
    Flacco made one of the very key plays in the game by having the balls to audible on the 3rd down throw to Boldin. San Fran pre snap pulled about 3 more players into the middle of the box on that play and he had the guts and the brains to make the right audible call. Meanwhile Simms, who would play not to lose was being critical of him for making the call.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,559
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    What does this have to do with Sanchez?

    Why bring up a Canadian League level QB in this conversation about a slightly above average NFL QB and one of the top young QB's in the NFL?
    Because sanchez was a 1st round 5th pick. So was Flaaco. Flaaco was not touted as highly as Sanchez.

    I m genuinely curious as to how HE feels watching the success of QB's he was "supposed to be" better than.

    Thats all.

  12. #12
    I really wanted to see King Kaep Gawd win a ring. Would of been a great feel good story.

    Congrats to Flacco. I still don't think he's an elite QB, but he's made alot of improvements over the year and earned himself a big, fat, paycheck.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    I really wanted to see King Kaep Gawd win a ring. Would of been a great feel good story.

    Congrats to Flacco. I still don't think he's an elite QB, but he's made alot of improvements over the year and earned himself a big, fat, paycheck.
    Pretty much.

    Kaep will probably win multiple anyway.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Pretty much.

    Kaep will probably win multiple anyway.
    Seattle/San Francisco will be the best rivalry in the NFL over the next 5-6 years.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,559
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Seattle/San Francisco will be the best rivalry in the NFL over the next 5-6 years.
    Better than the Jets and Pats?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Better than the Jets and Pats?
    Don't toss them any more softballs than they already get on this site.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    You just earned yourself roughly $21 million a year for probably the next 7 years.

    Unfortunately, Baltimore also will guarantee that they won't be a major contender for the next 7 years either.

    I haven't seen a QB rely more on Wing-and-a-prayer passes more than this guy does. Flacco doesn't make reads. He lofts it up and hopes his WR and TE will make a play.

    The only nice pass I'll concede to the guy is the TD pass to Boldin where he actually had some velocity on the ball and threaded the needle to his back shoulder. That was pretty nice.

    However, I'm still not ranking Flacco above Eli Manning, Roethlisberger, Kaepernick, Luck, RG3, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, or Brady.

    I'd still take everyone of them.


    Flacco can't even eclipse his RB. The key to Baltimore making it back next year still rests more with Rice's considerable skills more than Flacco's. There's no two ways about it.

    Here's the craziest thing: When has a UFA NFL SB MVP not been resigned? Because I think Flacco will honestly be looking for $20+ million a year. And I don't think Ozzie Newsome will just shell that out. He's a pretty damned good GM.


    Now as for Kaepernick:

    Started 11 games and despite some young'un mistakes last night, he was still the most explosive and exciting player on the field.

    I have NEVER seen an arm like that. Not even Elway had a cannon like this guy.

    If his ability to read a defense further develops and he doesn't get injured, I think Kaepernick is on his way to being one of the top 3-5 QB's in the NFL by 2015.

    Crabtree, Davis, James, and him are all relatively young, too. I still maintain that they have the best roster in the league from 1-53.

    Just an incredible young QB to step into the Super Bowl in his 11th game and stage a comeback like that. If the Niners Defense actually shows up and prevents a single score in the first half, this game is the true coming out party for this guy. Not that it wasn't anyway.
    I dont get the crazy over this kids arm. To me its no stronger then some of the other big arms in the league. If anything he as an almost Byron Leftwich delivery. Yes its shorter and faster but its not pretty thats for sure.

    Kid has a strong arm. But its not worlds above anyone.

    In fact he better learn some touch or he will never be great. I saw a lot of passes last night that needed touch.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,215
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Because sanchez was a 1st round 5th pick. So was Flaaco. Flaaco was not touted as highly as Sanchez.

    I m genuinely curious as to how HE feels watching the success of QB's he was "supposed to be" better than.

    Thats all.
    He probably wishes he had Anquan Boldin to bail him out half the time and an Oline that doesn't require him to throw from his back.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,215
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    Kaep's arm is ridiculous. I don't know how receivers hang on to some of those throws.

    We'd kill to have either one of them. If Flacco was on the Jets, and he put together the same exact performance, we'd be talking a ton of s*** right now about how he's the best thing since sliced white bread...or since Joe Willie.
    Who would be catching the throws?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    I dont get the crazy over this kids arm. To me its no stronger then some of the other big arms in the league. If anything he as an almost Byron Leftwich delivery. Yes its shorter and faster but its not pretty thats for sure.

    Kid has a strong arm. But its not worlds above anyone.

    In fact he better learn some touch or he will never be great. I saw a lot of passes last night that needed touch.

    It was his 11th start..............lol.

    Honestly, you can't point out a single flaw with this kid since he hasn't even played a full NFL season yet.

    And before the "Shoulda started Smith" crowd chimes in, Kaepernick is how they beat Green Bay.

    This Niners team is loaded enough to go undefeated. It's just young as hell. I do agree with TX, Seattle is going to be very, very tough, too. So it's extremely unlikely, but they have, position-by-position the best roster in the NFL.

    And Kaep isn't the only one who isn't even close to what he's going to end up being barring injury. Aldon Smith is still raw as all hell and had 22 sacks this year...........

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us