Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: get ready for super bowl xlviii at metlife you can volunteer.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

get ready for super bowl xlviii at metlife you can volunteer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A uniform that is yours to keep. Woohoo! Sign me up. I got more than that when I volunteered for the Olympics.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And no tickets or ability to work during the actual game. All for the glory of being a Jets fan! Bite me Woody.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    And no tickets or ability to work during the actual game. All for the glory of being a Jets fan! Bite me Woody.
    I like how this is all on Woody, as though this isn't true for every other Super and it's a stadium that is shared with the Giants.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    this will be an epic fail.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    They probably stick you in the middle of Route 3 with cones and a couple of flags directing traffic... DURING the game.

But I get to keep the uniform!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great opportunity. You volunteer your time to help an organization hurting for cash like the National Football League. It's always important to help those who need it most. And there are no benefits to you.

Sounds like a win/win situation!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get to watch the Giants win another SB next season in person? Awesome!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why VOLUNTEER?
    You'll make the first impressions on visitors as they arrive and as you know, first impressions matter. This is the first time the Super Bowl has been held in this region and we want to show New York and New Jersey in the best light. Volunteers will make the difference; you'll help make the visitors feel welcome. Join the world's biggest huddle!

Volunteers will greet visitors at airports, trains, and hotels as well as performing other crucial roles in the area.

Some of these roles include:
    •Assist visitors as they make their way around New York and New Jersey.
    Public transportation can be a little confusing if you aren't familiar with it;
    no one knows how to get around better than you.
    •Provide visitors with information about the Super Bowl and related activities.
    You'll have the inside scoop.
    •Act as hospitality guides at events hosted by the NFL and its sponsors.
    Volunteering is a great way to be a part of the world's biggest huddle!

What's in it for you:
    Volunteers who complete their shifts will:

•Receive a volunteer uniform that will be yours to keep.
    •Know that you made a difference in how the world views New York and New Jersey.
    Volunteers will not receive tickets to the Super Bowl.

What are the requirements:
    Volunteers must:

•Be at least 18 years of age as of November 1st, 2013.
    •Volunteers must be available to work a minimum of 2 shifts (3-4 hours each) for the volunteer assignment they choose. More detail on volunteer activities will be available February 2013.
    •Register with accurate information and undergo a background check prior to the Super Bowl. Standard background check will be at the expense of the Super Bowl Host Committee. Your information will not be used for any other purpose.
    Volunteers will be able to select opportunities in either New York or New Jersey locations.

Click Here To register
    If you are interested in signing up a large group of volunteers (20+) or as a corporate employee program, please contact us at volunteers@nynjsuperbowl.com

Will volunteers work inside the stadium during Super Bowl XLVIII?

On game day, the Host Committee will not require any volunteer support inside MetLife stadium.
    Is there an age requirement?

All volunteers need to be at least 18 years of age as of November 1st, 2013.
    Do volunteers need to attend training?

All volunteers are required to attend at least one training session specific to their volunteer activity.
    What will Super Bowl XLVIII volunteers do?

Volunteers will work as greeters at airport terminals, train stations, and other transportation sites, provide information at hotels and tourist locations, and assist with NFL events and other special events.
    How many shifts do volunteers have to work?

Volunteers must be available to work a minimum of 2 shifts (3-4 hours each) for the volunteer assignment they choose.

More detail on volunteer activities will be available February 2013.
    Will volunteers receive tickets to the Super Bowl?

Volunteers will not receive tickets to the Super Bowl.
    Can I decide what kind of volunteer work to do?

There will be many options for volunteers with different skills and interests. You will have an opportunity to request certain roles and responsibilities.
    How many volunteers will be needed during Super Bowl XLVIII?

Over 15,000 volunteers will assist around New York and New Jersey.
    How do I sign up to become a volunteer?

Click here to visit our volunteer page and sign up to become a volunteer.
    ================================================== ====

hehehe, I`m gettin the fock outta here that week if I can. I work less than a 1/2 mile away from that dump and my job will be screwed up for at least those 2 weeks, possibly more. I don`t want the game played here even if the stadium was enclosed. The area is gonna be a mess. I hope the weather is so bad they actually move the game somewhere else. LOL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    cold weather may cancel the halftime show.

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.s...special-report

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Yes, it's on Woody.

Hey. volunteer for the US Open and then blame Tiger for getting the same deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Sounds like a great opportunity. You volunteer your time to help an organization hurting for cash like the National Football League. It's always important to help those who need it most. And there are no benefits to you.

Sounds like a win/win situation!
    Well the NFL is a non-profit organization and only made 9 billion dollars in revenue last year and is tax exempt like all the other professional football leagues

You may not know it, but the National Football League is a nonprofit organization. It may seem absurd that a collection of teams that generated at least $9 billion in revenue last season would be given tax-exempt status, but the NFL is technically classified as a 501(c)6 organization. Here’s how the IRS describes 501(c)6 tax-exempt status:

Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code provides for the exemption of business leagues, chambers of commerce, real estate boards, boards of trade and professional football leagues, which are not organized for profit and no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    this will be an epic fail.
    Like all the other Super Bowls before it that were run the same way.

Wonder if fans in Dallas, Miami, NO etc whine like stuck pigs when their buildings are used for the biggest game anywhere.

Never stops amazing me how whiney Jets fans are. Wonder if Giants fans are this goofy over a NY/NJ super bowl?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    cold weather may cancel the halftime show.

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.s...special-report
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

The halftime shows usually suck so they're the least important part of the festivities lol! usually the casual non football fans are the ones who look forward to the show anyway lol but if they wanted to please those people they could have the halftime show at the izod center and live-feed it over the jumbotrons.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Like all the other Super Bowls before it that were run the same way.

Wonder if fans in Dallas, Miami, NO etc whine like stuck pigs when their buildings are used for the biggest game anywhere.

Never stops amazing me how whiney Jets fans are. Wonder if Giants fans are this goofy over a NY/NJ super bowl?
    that was then this is now.

pansy ass fans will want there asses wiped by stadium employees.

many psl owners dont attend cold wet windy games havent you read this board in the last year?

fans want luxuries and climate controlled weather or they opt to stay home and watch large screen hd tvs.

that was then this is now.

whos whining whos crying not me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Well the NFL is a non-profit organization and only made 9 billion dollars in revenue last year and is tax exempt like all the other professional football leagues
    Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code provides for the exemption of business leagues, chambers of commerce, real estate boards, boards of trade and professional football leagues...

Which one of these is not like the others?

That's the first time I've seen the actual language...and it's ****ing ridiculous.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half time show with Jay Z and Alicia Keys with the NY anthem, Let's hear it for New York:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8
    Last edited by rajensen088; 02-06-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Batman: I like how this is all on Woody, as though this isn't true for every other Super and it's a stadium that is shared with the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yes, it's on Woody.

Hey. volunteer for the US Open and then blame Tiger for getting the same deal.
    Woody doesn't have the power to sweeten the deal? Maybe autographed footballs or jerseys for fans supporting (and paying for) his pretty new stadium?

STFU! Just because the little women is screaming at you again is no reason to come here and attack people to make you feel like you have a d!ck again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    +1