Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ravens fire Cameron, win SB. Jets kept Schitty, lost in 'Burgh.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Ravens fire Cameron, win SB. Jets kept Schitty, lost in 'Burgh.

I can't help but think "what if" the Jets did the smart thing and dumped their idiot OC midseason? Does anyone in their right mind think Baltimore wins the SB if Cameron was still their OC? 2010 should have been our year. Schitty mucked it up with that call on 3rd and 17 right before halftime. SMH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dm547T41mM
    Last edited by RoadFan; 02-04-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talked about this exact thing last night with a friend of mine who's actually a Bears fan. He says, "What if the Jets fired Schotty and promoted Bill Callahan after that NE blowout a few years ago? Do you win in Pitt come January?"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I can't help but think "what if" the Jets did the smart thing and dumped their idiot OC midseason? Does anyone in their right mind think Baltimore wins the SB if Cameron was still their OC? 2010 should have been our year. Schitty mucked it up with that call on 3rd and 17 right before halftime. SMH
    Our loss to PITT was not really lack of offense as much as much as we got beat at all points by 1st half.

We beat PITT that year regular season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Our loss to PITT was not really lack of offense as much as much as we got beat at all points by 1st half.

We beat PITT that year regular season.
    You're right, and you're wrong IMO. They were outplayed in the 1st half. However, it was 17-0 when Schitty gave them the 24-0 lead with that playcall. I really believe the Jets would have come back and won that game. That 7 points was the difference, regardless of the crap at the goal line.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schoddy: the gift that keeps on giving.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't blame Schooty for that game. He called a good game vs Indy & NE in the playoffs. I always thought that #1 the Jets beating NE the week before took that fire out of them and just made think they were going to go into Pittsurgh and beat them again. #2. 3rd & 17 id Schooty calls a running play everyone kills him for not tryong to get the yardage. Since he called pass we know what happened. Team was just flat that first half. Nothing worked.

Forgot the goal line sequence though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    I don't blame Schooty for that game. He called a good game vs Indy & NE in the playoffs. I always thought that #1 the Jets beating NE the week before took that fire out of them and just made think they were going to go into Pittsurgh and beat them again. #2. 3rd & 17 id Schooty calls a running play everyone kills him for not tryong to get the yardage. Since he called pass we know what happened. Team was just flat that first half. Nothing worked.

Forgot the goal line sequence though.
    Not me. I was at that game with my father and turned to him and said, "draw and punt right?"
    "Yup."
    That call was inexcusable. He should have been fired at halftime...and many times long before...
    Last edited by RoadFan; 02-04-2013 at 11:23 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hindsight is always 20/20.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right, and you're wrong IMO. They were outplayed in the 1st half. However, it was 17-0 when Schitty gave them the 24-0 lead with that playcall. I really believe the Jets would have come back and won that game. That 7 points was the difference, regardless of the crap at the goal line.
    And Rex's D not only came out flat they couldn't make a stop at the end to get the ball back.

But lets keep blaming the OC.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And Rex's D not only came out flat they couldn't make a stop at the end to get the ball back.

This

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's much simpler than that.

Baltimore hired Harbaugh. We hired Rex.

I think we learned this year that Schotty, although being awful, got much more blame than he deserved.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the OC was for sure the problem with this team. We can tell by the way our offense flourished under Goggles Pizzano this past year. The fact that Pitt ran all over our iron clad run D meant little or nothing in that game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex's vaunted Defense lost the AFCCG in Pittsburgh after failing to show up for the first half and then not being able to stop Pittsburgh on a critical 3rd down to seal the game. Thats not how great defenses play. But dont tell that to Rex or those who bow to Rex as being a Defensive genius.

No , lets blame the OC instead.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    with about 5 minutes left..I thought we were gonna win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yes, the OC was for sure the problem with this team. We can tell by the way our offense flourished under Goggles Pizzano this past year. The fact that Pitt ran all over our iron clad run D meant little or nothing in that game.
    I feel like I'm arguing with the wrong group around here, intelligent and well-respected. The team was flat, yeah... no argument there. However, the defense shut them out in the second half and only gave up 17 points over the course of the game. Schitty gave up the 7 that dug the hole too deep.

Part of this thread was the idea that the Ravens made the right decision and the Jets made the wrong one. It got lost in the mix. That fact is almost without debate IMO.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 02-04-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes the Ravens organization is superior to the Jets organization...they selected Harbaugh and passed on Ryan...now we know why.

Hopefully, we now have a leader who can right the ship. We will see.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

"Coming out flat" doesn't actually mean anything quantifiable. And yes, it was the defenses fault that the offense scored 0 zero points going into halftime. So they get the ball back for the offense, for the offense to continue scoring zero points. Yay!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Hindsight is always 20/20.....
    And then there's foresight, like Harbaugh showed by firing Cameron in mid-season, and completely rearranging the O-line, which totally altered Flacco's play, suddenly making him 'elite' and 'magnificent'. The Jets would never make a gutsy move like firing an OC in mid-season, they can't even do it after the season, not until he has stuck around for one or two years too long and stunk up the joint.