Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ravens fire Cameron, win SB. Jets kept Schitty, lost in 'Burgh.

All Pro
    The play of Mark Sanchez over the 1st 4 yrs of his NFL career and the offensive output that allowed us to make it to back to back AFC Championship games should prove to the world what a capable OC Brian Schottenheimer is.

Was it Mark Sanchez that got the best out of Shotty or was it Shotty that got the best of what Sanchez had to offer ? Should we go ask Tony Sparano who was considered a decent coach until he was paired with Sanchez ?

Flacco was 1 dropped TD from taking the Ravens to the SB last yr with Cameron as his OC. Flacco was 1 blown coverage away from not making it to the AFC Championship game in NE without Cameron. In all those senarios, the only person not making any plays was cameron and the Ravens new OC.

Coaches coach and players play. I think it was HOF HC Bill Parcells who stated and I quote. " I don't coach penalties". Players get coaches fired, not play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The play of Mark Sanchez over the 1st 4 yrs of his NFL career and the offensive output that allowed us to make it to back to back AFC Championship games should prove to the world what a capable OC Brian Schottenheimer is.

Was it Mark Sanchez that got the best out of Shotty or was it Shotty that got the best of what Sanchez had to offer ? Should we go ask Tony Sparano who was considered a decent coach until he was paired with Sanchez ?

Flacco was 1 dropped TD from taking the Ravens to the SB last yr with Cameron as his OC. Flacco was 1 blown coverage away from not making it to the AFC Championship game in NE without Cameron. In all those senarios, the only person not making any plays was cameron and the Ravens new OC.

Coaches coach and players play. I think it was HOF HC Bill Parcells who stated and I quote. " I don't coach penalties". Players get coaches fired, not play calling.
    Schottenheimer stinks.
    Sanchez is AWFUL.
    Sparano is still coaching in 1973.

Fail.

Let's just put this in perspective:

Flacco is 6'6" tall and has a cannon arm. I don't even like him.

Sanchez is 6'3" and has no outstanding metric.

Sanchez was a bad draft pick made by a bad GM without Mangini's personnel expertise and OK'd by a head coach who only knows how to coach defense and can only aid in drafting Defensive linemen.

His depth of understanding of the offensive side of the football can be summed up by an extremely ill-advised tattoo of his nude wife in the bad draft pick's jersey.

How many more times are bad GM's going to repeatedly prove they are bad by drafting quarterbacks out of USC and, outside of Luck and Elway, out of the PAC 12 overall?????

All Pro

It's amazing what 2 plays that people forget about means.

Absolutely correct about the dropped pass, and the prayer in Denver. However, the team definately improved after the coaching change, but it's a fine line between being ballsy and panicking.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Schottenheimer stinks.
    Sanchez is AWFUL.

Fail.

Sanchez was a bad draft pick made by a bad GM without Mangini's personnel expertise and OK'd by a head coach who only knows how to coach defense and can only aid in drafting Defensive linemen.

His depth of understanding of the offensive side of the football can be summed up by an extremely ill-advised tattoo of his nude wife in the bad draft pick's jersey.

How many more times are bad GM's going to repeatedly prove they are bad by drafting quarterbacks out of USC and, outside of Luck and Elway, out of the PAC 12 overall?????
    Don't forget Aaron Rodgers.

But I agree. Unless there is an absolute can't miss QB prospect (like Luck), I'd stay the hell away from PAC 12 QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Don't forget Aaron Rodgers.

But I agree. Unless there is an absolute can't miss QB prospect (like Luck), I'd stay the hell away from PAC 12 QBs.
    Yeah forgot Rodgers, thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    1998 was the only time since 69 that we had a team talented enough to win the super bowl. Firing schotty would not have done anything. Enough with celebrating the Jets "what if" super bowls.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    It's amazing what 2 plays that people forget about means.

Absolutely correct about the dropped pass, and the prayer in Denver. However, the team definately improved after the coaching change, but it's a fine line between being ballsy and panicking.
    Those are the two plays that made the difference between winning and losing and make Cam Cameron or Mike Smith for another perfect example, also rans vs winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    1998 was the only time since 69 that we had a team talented enough to win the super bowl. Firing schotty would not have done anything. Enough with celebrating the Jets "what if" super bowls.
    The Jets won AT Pitt just a few weeks earlier . . .

Sorry dude, but the 2010 team could play with anyone. That team beat NE twice, Indianapolis in the dome, and Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    The Jets won AT Pitt just a few weeks earlier . . .

Sorry dude, but the 2010 team could play with anyone. That team beat NE twice, Indianapolis in the dome, and Pitt.
    The 2009 team was better than the 2010 team.

LT was worn out after the first half and he was overexposed. He looked great. They still couldn't pass the ball enough.

The 2009 team had a devastating o-line and defense overall, but was held back by the poor decision to draft Buttchez over signing a "don't lose us the game" QB who probably would have helped Jones and the defense (including Jenkins) stay healthier longer rather than constantly being strained by Sanchez's horrific efforts during that regular season.

But Joe W. Namath is absolutely right:

If Vinny's Achilles doesn't blow in game 1 of the 1998-1999 season, that was a probable Super Bowl champion. They had a ton of talent and it ran deep. The coaching staff was second to none.

Parcells, Belichick, Weis, Crennel, Mangini, Haley, Groh.

Most importantly?

Testaverde had 29 TD's and 7 INT's......lol. Keyshawn and Chrebet were both over 1000 yds. that season.

They could beat anybody......Even invincible Terrell Davis and Denver. Which the 1998-1999 team would have done!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Schottenheimer stinks.
    Sanchez is AWFUL.

Fail.

It's amazing how half this forum loves Parcells and the other half loves Mangini and both failed to do what they were brought here to do just like all the others the vast majority of this forum hates.

Why does Mangini get credit for the players picked when Tannenbaum was the HC but Tannenbaum gets the blame for the players picked while Ryan is the HC.

Guess what this franchise hasn't had since Weeb Ewbank was the HC . OH and neither Parcells or Mangini were able to fill that position.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    Talked about this exact thing last night with a friend of mine who's actually a Bears fan. He says, "What if the Jets fired Schotty and promoted Bill Callahan after that NE blowout a few years ago? Do you win in Pitt come January?"
    CALLAHAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROMOTED LAST YEAR AS WELL!!!!!

Rex Ryan is a MORON when it comes to the offense!!! I hope Rex leaves the offense alone next year becuase the man is CLUELESS in this area!!! Horns and, arm bands, ground and pound!!!!

How Rex escapes blame out here for the clear and unambiguous retrogression of Sanchez the last two years when folks pillored Edwards out here for not turning Bollinger into Steve Young is Beyond Me!!!

It's amazing how half this forum loves Parcells and the other half loves Mangini and both failed to do what they were brought here to do just like all the others the vast majority of this forum hates.

Why does Mangini get credit for the players picked when Tannenbaum was the HC but Tannenbaum gets the blame for the players picked while Ryan is the HC.

Guess what this franchise hasn't had since Weeb Ewbank was the HC . OH and neither Parcells or Mangini were able to fill that position.
    Jets Fans are lovers of selective memory, and posess a deep, unrequited love of any coach or player who is no longer a Jet.

There are poeple, today, who think Ihedigbo is a great player now. The same people hated him as a Jet.

It's just the way it is. Former Jet Obsession Syndrome.

In four or five years, Rex and Tanny will be treated the same way by some, I assure you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Jets Fans are lovers of selective memory, and posess a deep, unrequited love of any coach or player who is no longer a Jet.

There are poeple, today, who think Ihedigbo is a great player now. The same people hated him as a Jet.

In four or five years, Rex and Tanny will be treated the same way by some, I assure you.
    Like the Mangini love that has sprung up recently..

Both of you are so far off point it's sad.

It really is. Especially you Warfish, you should know better.

Tannenbaum was NEVER a personnel guy. However, it is very obvious that Tannenbaum, Mangini, and Bradway could equate to one decent personnel guy capable of picking a team.

Outside of the Robertson and Gholston picks, they did a great job getting low-priced, low-round draft picks in here that were productive.

I mean Dwight Lowery and Drew Coleman, both later round draft picks, were immediately miles better than Kyle Wilson has been or projects to be.

If our owner wasn't such a tool, the Sanchez pick alone following last year would've gotten EVERYBODY fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yup.

It's worst with players though, like folks pining patheticly for the days of Farrior, John Abraham, Kerry Rhodes, etc, etc, etc, not to mention true JAG's like Cotchery, Woodhead, the RB Thomas, etc.

Be a Jet, leave the Jets, instant upgrade in the eyes of many Jets fans.

None exemplified this more that Braylong Edwards. A guy who literally caught nothing from the day he left, to the day he triumphant returned as the greatest and most beloved Jets WR since Toon (it seems).

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You mean the side effect of having a bad owner? Derp?

Yup.

It's worst with players though, like folks pining patheticly for the days of Farrior, John Abraham, Kerry Rhodes, etc, etc, etc, not to mention true JAG's like Cotchery, Woodhead, the RB Thomas, etc.

Be a Jet, leave the Jets, instant upgrade in the eyes of many Jets fans.

None exemplified this more that Braylong Edwards. A guy who literally caught nothing from the day he left, to the day he triumphant returned as the greatest and most beloved Jets WR since Toon (it seems).
    Yup, almost as bad as people still making excuses for Rex being such an incompetent head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Yup, almost as bad as people still making excuses for Rex being such an incompetent head coach.
    What excuses?

He is what he is, his record is what it is.

They also do the opposite;

Jet fans beat up on guys who aren't superstars when on the JETs and overlook otherwise solid production, then when they go to another team the forget how much the player was trashed here and lament the loss.

Farrior to me was one of those guys, if I remember correctly he was a bust draft pick but then a big loss when he went to Pitt.

In reality he was a failry solid OLB, nothing spectacular but nothing horrendous either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I can't help but think "what if" the Jets did the smart thing and dumped their idiot OC midseason? Does anyone in their right mind think Baltimore wins the SB if Cameron was still their OC? 2010 should have been our year. Schitty mucked it up with that call on 3rd and 17 right before halftime. SMH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dm547T41mM
    You should also understand that the Jets came out flat against Pittsburgh and still nearly won. It was the defense that sucked in the first half. Blame the former OC all you want. it is just a reflection of silliness.