Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ravens fire Cameron, win SB. Jets kept Schitty, lost in 'Burgh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You should also understand that the Jets came out flat against Pittsburgh and still nearly won. It was the defense that sucked in the first half. Blame the former OC all you want. it is just a reflection of silliness.
    I have to disagree there with you KJ. The entire second-half was garbage time and when Pitt needed to stop us, they did. And when Pitt needed to get a first down, they did. We never really threatened. They were in a shell the entire second half on defense.

But I do agree. That loss was more on the defense than the offense. Mostly it is on the HC b.c somehow he allowed the NE win to become their SB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What excuses?

He is what he is, his record is what it is.
    I agree.

10-18 the last 2 years including only 1 win vs a playoff team the last 2 years. 29th ranked offense and 20th ranked defense (points allowed) and 29 and 18th in defensive takeaways.

But I know, you think he deserves another chance cause youd like to see what he can do with a better QB.....my suspicion is he would make that QB worse.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Rex's vaunted Defense lost the AFCCG in Pittsburgh after failing to show up for the first half and then not being able to stop Pittsburgh on a critical 3rd down to seal the game. Thats not how great defenses play. But dont tell that to Rex or those who bow to Rex as being a Defensive genius.

No , lets blame the OC instead.
    The D shut down Peyton and Brady the previous 2 weeks to get us to the AFC title game, but apparently those games don't matter....only the games that we can complain about matter.

Harbaugh's vaunted offense and defense both just looked totally unprepared in the biggest game of their lives, yet there is a huge thread of fans lamenting over the fact that we didn't hire him four years ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It's much simpler than that.

Baltimore hired Harbaugh. We hired Rex.

I think we learned this year that Schotty, although being awful, got much more blame than he deserved.
    Yes and thats what everyone was screaming when we were 1 game shy of the SB with a 1st year and then a 2nd year QB with 6 road playoff games.

While being dogs in every one of those games. Put Sanchez on the Ravens and Harbaugh would have won the SB yesterday, right?.

It never ends

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to disagree there with you KJ. The entire second-half was garbage time and when Pitt needed to stop us, they did. And when Pitt needed to get a first down, they did. We never really threatened. They were in a shell the entire second half on defense.

But I do agree. That loss was more on the defense than the offense. Mostly it is on the HC b.c somehow he allowed the NE win to become their SB.
    lol, their SB.

Bet you were concerned that could happen when you were predicting a jet loss in NE with the rest of the whiners.

Now you're blaming the HC for winning in NE. lol, how lame does it get.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 02-04-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yeah bc that is exactly what I said.

Stop inventing arguments.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Answer: Absolutely Yes.

Schitty's asinine playcalling (WR reverses with Jerricho Cotchery, conservative bs) cost us the 2010 AFCG.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah bc that is exactly what I said.

Stop inventing arguments.
    Mostly it is on the HC b.c somehow he allowed the NE win to become their SB.
    Yes, you're right I'm inventing the idea that you said it was on the HCs because he led us to a win in NE. This might be the dumbest whine yet.

Nice, they lose in NE and you and SAR whine he has to go for losing. They win in NE and you complain that he put too much emphasis, on winning in NE? Are you kidding? Too funny.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 02-04-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, their SB.

Bet you were concerned that could happen when you were predicting a jet loss in NE with the rest of the whiners.

He's not blaming the HC for winning in NE. He's stating Rex treated that win as if they won the SB. The AFCCG was then treated basically like a regular season game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He's not blaming the HC for winning in NE. He's stating Rex treated that win as if they won the SB. The AFCCG was then treated basically like a regular season game.
    RUN THAT ONE BY ME AGAIN?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I can't help but think "what if" the Jets did the smart thing and dumped their idiot OC midseason? Does anyone in their right mind think Baltimore wins the SB if Cameron was still their OC? 2010 should have been our year. Schitty mucked it up with that call on 3rd and 17 right before halftime. SMH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dm547T41mM
    yeah because the corners overloading and blitzing from Sanchez's blind side with no lineman making adjustments and Sanchez not even looking on that side had NOTHING to do with it. Not to mention Sanchez holds the ball for how long during an overload blitz? Dude passing there isn't the issue. Ravens passed out of a 3rd and 16 backed up against Denver and got the first down. Difference is the O Line picked up the blitz, Flacco read it and threw the ball quickly to his receiver who got the Yac to get the 1st. In all honesty look at this play and you can see the line flat out blew it. The CB ALL the way from the right side of the field completely leaves his man and shows blitz early .... Sanchez has to at least see that or a lineman pick that up and call it out to change protection. Sanchez has a 1 on 1 match up with a receiver and a Safety on his left side. He doesn't even look there.

Thats REALLY good scouting by Pitt in that situation probably realizing Sanchez doesn't look over there during that formation at times. Maybe they knew his tendency and scouting and well u are talking about Dick Lebeau one of the smartest and most innovative defensive coordinators of all time. How many teams have borrowed his concepts? 100% ... dude pretty much invested the modern way of zone blitzing and disguised blitzing/coverage looks. So before you kill Shotty for that call just point out players missed an assignment cause well .. the players were on the FIELD. Also credit the Pitt defense for making a play. Should they have ran it? Sure ... but then you got people who would cry if Pitt came down the field and scored before half about being conservative. That play also didn't determine the game. We had chances at the end. We could have had the ball back with 3-4 min left in the game and Pitt ran the clock out. D couldn't get a stop. Lets also not forget Pitt ran the ball down our throats to start the game controlling clock. There were many other variables other than just one play. You can argue that was the straw that broke the camels back but I don't agree. It was crucial but the execution is more poor than call in that situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    The D shut down Peyton and Brady the previous 2 weeks to get us to the AFC title game, but apparently those games don't matter....only the games that we can complain about matter.

Harbaugh's vaunted offense and defense both just looked totally unprepared in the biggest game of their lives, yet there is a huge thread of fans lamenting over the fact that we didn't hire him four years ago.
    Great/championship caliber defenses dont take the week off. Especially the AFC championship game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you think Cam Cameron feels, getting fired and then the Ravens making a Superbowl run like they did?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you're right I'm inventing the idea that you said it was on the HCs because he led us to a win in NE. This might be the dumbest whine yet.

Nice, they lose in NE and you and SAR whine he has to go for losing. They win in NE and you complain that he put too much emphasis, on winning in NE? Are you kidding? Too funny.
    If you can't comprehend what I posted and how it differs from what you are saying than I can't help you.

I never blamed Rex for winning the game. That game was the best coaching job of Rex's career. His gameplan was brilliant and I have stated that dozens of times in various threads. However, I blamed Rex for allowing the win to be treated like a SB win. Rex himself treated it like the SB and so did his players. They took their foot off the gas and took the Pitt game for granted b.c we beat them in the regular season. There is no other way to explain why we came out flat like that in that game.

The best coaching job of his career was quickly followed by the worst coaching job of his career.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-06-2013 at 08:45 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I can't help but think "what if" the Jets did the smart thing and dumped their idiot OC midseason? Does anyone in their right mind think Baltimore wins the SB if Cameron was still their OC? 2010 should have been our year. Schitty mucked it up with that call on 3rd and 17 right before halftime. SMH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dm547T41mM
    One of two things happened in that video:
    Either:
    1) The franchise QB did not see the defense overload his blind side prior to the snap and then he did his patented pump fake which allowed the sack and fumble.
    -or-
    2) The franchise QB did see the defense overload his blind side prior to the snap and then he did his patented pump fake which allowed the sack and fumble.

But it's the OC that is to blame?! Further to that, firing the OC would have solved everything and only good things would have happened.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    yeah because the corners overloading and blitzing from Sanchez's blind side with no lineman making adjustments and Sanchez not even looking on that side had NOTHING to do with it. Not to mention Sanchez holds the ball for how long during an overload blitz? Dude passing there isn't the issue. Ravens passed out of a 3rd and 16 backed up against Denver and got the first down. Difference is the O Line picked up the blitz, Flacco read it and threw the ball quickly to his receiver who got the Yac to get the 1st. In all honesty look at this play and you can see the line flat out blew it. The CB ALL the way from the right side of the field completely leaves his man and shows blitz early .... Sanchez has to at least see that or a lineman pick that up and call it out to change protection. Sanchez has a 1 on 1 match up with a receiver and a Safety on his left side. He doesn't even look there.

Thats REALLY good scouting by Pitt in that situation probably realizing Sanchez doesn't look over there during that formation at times. Maybe they knew his tendency and scouting and well u are talking about Dick Lebeau one of the smartest and most innovative defensive coordinators of all time. How many teams have borrowed his concepts? 100% ... dude pretty much invested the modern way of zone blitzing and disguised blitzing/coverage looks. So before you kill Shotty for that call just point out players missed an assignment cause well .. the players were on the FIELD. Also credit the Pitt defense for making a play. Should they have ran it? Sure ... but then you got people who would cry if Pitt came down the field and scored before half about being conservative. That play also didn't determine the game. We had chances at the end. We could have had the ball back with 3-4 min left in the game and Pitt ran the clock out. D couldn't get a stop. Lets also not forget Pitt ran the ball down our throats to start the game controlling clock. There were many other variables other than just one play. You can argue that was the straw that broke the camels back but I don't agree. It was crucial but the execution is more poor than call in that situation.
    Agreed. In my fury to respond after reading the first page, I missed your post.