Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 113

Thread: Your Favorite Bands Whose First Album Was Released AFTER the Year 2000

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I am adding Death Cab For Cutie into the I dont care category.
    good call.

  2. #42
    The Red Chord

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Yeah their 1st album is '98 though.
    I know. Isn't that what you meant by saying, "I don't care."?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I know. Isn't that what you meant by saying, "I don't care."?
    right right right.

  5. #45
    Gary Clark Jr. -- has he been mentioned yet?

  6. #46
    We Were Promised Jetpacks
    Look them up, a little different than most that is listed so far but you will thank me later.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Onygnmltg

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4life View Post
    We Were Promised Jetpacks
    Look them up, a little different than most that is listed so far but you will thank me later.
    No offense, but I lasted less than with a first foray with Olivia Munn.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No offense, but I lasted less than with a first foray with Olivia Munn.
    Dude, We Were Promised Jetpacks are awesome. You're just a hater.

    Try this song out.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzcVVUHEFBY

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Dude, We Were Promised Jetpacks are awesome. You're just a hater.

    Try this song out.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzcVVUHEFBY
    Again, no offense intended. That said, they sound like a Foo Fighters/Blink 182/Hüsker Dü wannabe band. Not bad, just derivative and trite.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Again, no offense intended. That said, they sound like a Foo Fighters/Blink 182/Hüsker Dü wannabe band. Not bad, just derivative and trite.
    Considering I don't like any of the bands you've stated I will take offense.

    Haha, you old folk just can't get with the indie movement times.

    Anyway, to be honest they aren't my favorite band in the least. I liked some of their stuff. Certainly not offended that someone else thinks they suck. I don't like them THAT much.
    Last edited by southside; 02-07-2013 at 02:49 PM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Considering I don't like any of the bands you've stated I will take offense.

    Haha, you old folk just can't get with the indie movement times.

    Anyway, to be honest they aren't my favorite band in the least. I liked some of their stuff. Certainly not offended that someone else thinks they suck. I don't like them THAT much.
    Yeah, I like plenty of bands most think are terrible.

    It's not that I don't like "Indie" bands. For whatever reason (possibly because I grew up in the 60s & 70s which--outside of the late 50s--I consider to be the golden age of rock music), I just don't connect with most of it.

    I'll listen to anything, in all genres, which grab me. This did not.

  12. #52
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Any love for Yonder Mountain String Band? I think their first album was in 99', but that's in the 'close enough I don't give a ****' category.

  13. #53
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Interpol
    Coldplay
    Death Cab For Cutie
    Ben Folds
    The Shins
    Spoon
    Stereophonics

    SAR I

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Interpol
    Coldplay
    Death Cab For Cutie
    Ben Folds
    The Shins
    Spoon
    Stereophonics

    SAR I
    Death Cab's first album was released in 1998.

  15. #55
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Death Cab's first album was released in 1998.
    Yeah, but the LP that broke them was Transatlanticism in 2003.

    I say that prewar indie stuff doesn't count in this thread. There are just so few good bands since 2000 we can't hold their weening periods against them.

    SAR I

  16. #56
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Any love for Yonder Mountain String Band? I think their first album was in 99', but that's in the 'close enough I don't give a ****' category.
    I Like em'. YMSB is an off shoot of The Bluegras_holes. These guys put out some nice progressive bluegrass. I have a couple of their records. I like Yonder Mountain String Band the best. PS...Hey Southside...I toned down my font a little, for you. It's as low, as I can go

  17. #57
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I am adding Death Cab For Cutie into the I dont care category.
    And I'm adding the Drive-By Truckers

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,148
    Libertines, Dresdon Dolls, Albert Hammond Jr.

  19. #59
    Yeah.... some of you really don't get the concept.

  20. #60
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Yeah.... some of you really don't get the concept.
    Paul McCartney (without Wings).

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us