Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 113

Thread: Your Favorite Bands Whose First Album Was Released AFTER the Year 2000

  1. #21
    Avett Brothers
    Florence and the Machine
    Killers

  2. #22
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    894
    Some good lists so far. I have to agree with some of those posted already:
    Linkin Park (Have fallen off a bit, but still make it for Hybrid Theory alone)
    30 Seconds to Mars (REALLY enjoyed the last album)
    Florence and The Machine (Florence Welch has an incredible voice)

    Some of my own:
    Naked and Famous
    Paramore (possibly an ghey but I do enjoy them. Musically very simple but lyrically enjoyable. I really enjoy Hayley Williams, I think she has a unique voice)

    Selections like Mumford and Sons and Black Keys are good choices and excellent bands, but are getting to be overplayed and my enjoyment is thusly waning.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,745
    A couple that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

    My Chemical Romance
    The Band of Skulls
    The Heavy

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    Some good lists so far. I have to agree with some of those posted already:
    Linkin Park (Have fallen off a bit, but still make it for Hybrid Theory alone)
    30 Seconds to Mars (REALLY enjoyed the last album)
    Florence and The Machine (Florence Welch has an incredible voice)

    Some of my own:
    Naked and Famous
    Paramore (possibly an ghey but I do enjoy them. Musically very simple but lyrically enjoyable. I really enjoy Hayley Williams, I think she has a unique voice)

    Selections like Mumford and Sons and Black Keys are good choices and excellent bands, but are getting to be overplayed and my enjoyment is thusly waning.
    Can't help but chuckle at this a bit when your first band listed was Linkin Park. Although I do agree with you to a certain extent about Mumford. Good band, but I don't see what is so unique about them to warrant their superstar status.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 02-05-2013 at 09:21 AM.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,892
    Bon Iver? Listened/watched for 1 minute, then wanted to run down the street naked, shooting people and committing atrocities on household pets.

    No thanks

  6. #26
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Troop 16H MEMBER
    Posts
    2,517
    three days grace
    shinedown
    Smile Empty soul
    Linkin Park
    Breaking Benjamin
    Otherwise

  7. #27
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Can't help but chuckle at this a bit when your first band listed was Linkin Park. Although I do agree with you to a certain extent about Mumford. Good band, but I don't see what is so unique about them to warrant their superstar status.
    Good point re Linkin Park. I think it's a little different where they aren't currently being played as much as they were back when they originated so its more tolerable. Also I found most of their songs good enough that I didn't mind hearing them over and over again.

    Black Keys, or at least their most recent album is shifting into that realm now. Where they were played too much but its backing off now so it is enjoyable again when it comes on.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    My entries:

    Arcade Fire
    Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
    Kathleen Edwards
    Beach House
    Norah Jones
    Neko Case (97 but I don't care)

  9. #29
    this thread only confirms how bad music has gotten. maroon 5? really?

    The only thing i can think up is maybe some black keys, CERTAINLY system of a down and some porcupine tree

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    this thread only confirms how bad music has gotten. maroon 5? really?

    The only thing i can think up is maybe some black keys, CERTAINLY system of a down and some porcupine tree
    Not really

  11. #31
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    My entries:

    Arcade Fire
    Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
    Kathleen Edwards
    Beach House
    Norah Jones
    Neko Case (97 but I don't care)
    Bloodshot by Neko, is one of my favorites

  12. #32
    Broken Social Scene

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,092
    Coheed and Cambria
    Elbow
    Mutemath
    Franz Ferdinand
    Airborne Toxic Event
    Vampire Weekend
    The Dears
    Band of Horses
    Last edited by Jetworks; 02-05-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: sp.

  14. #34
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Coheed and Cambria
    Elbow
    Muetmath
    Franz Ferdinand
    Airborne Toxic Event
    Vampire Weekend
    The Dears
    Band of Horses
    Listening to Everything All the Time, as I type!

  15. #35
    Forgot these guys. Very 70s retro (ELO, Bolan, Slade, Sabbath, Uriah, and many others) with a modern twist. More Mellotron!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXDvceA6-UM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdeerOUBNzc

    Tip of the hat to Pink Floyd here ("We don't need no...")

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDfiN0e3nDs

  16. #36

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    My entries:

    Arcade Fire
    Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
    Kathleen Edwards
    Beach House
    Norah Jones
    Neko Case (97 but I don't care)

    Good list. I don't care either so I'm putting My Morning Jacket on my list.

  18. #38
    Haha, I was gonna do the same for My Morning Jacket.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    I am adding Death Cab For Cutie into the I dont care category.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Haha, I was gonna do the same for My Morning Jacket.
    Yeah their 1st album is '98 though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us