Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozzie Newsome implies Jets didn't have a QB.

Ozzie Newsome implies Jets didn't have a QB.

"All them guys that got fired this year didn't have a quarterback," Newsome said with a smile as he referred to the seven GMs who got the pink slip this offseason."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ba...081107131.html

That's an interesting statement considering early in the year teammates and coaches were actually touting Sanchez as a top ten QB. Interesting also how Newsome can get away with trashing 7 teams Qb situation and get away with it.

its the GM's job to find a quarterback.

He's not wrong, lol. Sanchez blows massive amounts of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    "All them guys that got fired this year didn't have a quarterback," Newsome said with a smile as he referred to the seven GMs who got the pink slip this offseason."

That's an interesting statement considering early in the year teammates and coaches were actually touting Sanchez as a top ten QB. Interesting also how Newsome can get away with trashing 7 teams Qb situation and get away with it.
    Who was? Cavanaugh?

Ozzie wasn't saying this last year and certainly wasn't during the Ravens' 1-4 December.

What a difference a great playoff run makes.

The funny thing is people will say the QB was a coach/manager killer. In reality it is the responsibility for these guys to realize how good or not the player is.

The Jets ignored the host of negatives to mark sanchez and picked out a few outliers and acted as if he was the Qb based on these outliers. Tanny made his own bed totally when he idiotically extended Sanchez. He can think about that every day if he wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Who was? Cavanaugh?
    Rex "delusional" Ryan and several teammates when douchy reporters asked them about it. Oh and forsure Tannenbaum who decided to give Sanchez an extension.

Rex "delusional" Ryan and several teammates when douchy reporters asked them about it. Oh and forsure Tannenbaum who decided to give Sanchez an extension.
    Do you have a direct quote because I don't remember anybody saying he was a top ten QB?

Do you have a direct quote because I don't remember anybody saying he was a top ten QB?
    I remember a quote similar to that, but I believe it was from a player and not a coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Me neither..

Don't worry, you're not crazy. Those words were never said by our coaches. Bart Scott though did say something a while back along the lines of "I believe that Mark can be a top 10 quarterback in this league" but that's really it.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I remember a quote similar to that, but I believe it was from a player and not a coach.
    I bet it was from a player because even Rex Ryan heaps that much praise on players that earn it.
    If it was from Bart Scott, it explains it and he will be cut.

There really seems to be something under the surface here with Ozzie, he's won a SB - why does he feel the need to grind an axe and salt in the wounds to rub it in, why is he talking about other teams and their QB's on the heels of his championship win? That's not good enough for him, he feels the need to rub Rex's face in it? There is obviously some unresolved issue here under the surface - that bothers Ozzie a lot more than Rex. He can't graciously be a winner and end it there? Oh and all them GM's with that pisspoor grammar - you sound like a moron.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 02-04-2013 at 03:47 PM.

In other GM news...

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    RT @gregthompson27: Coach PJ Carlesimo, GM Billy King and former #Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum at Nets practice. pic.twitter.com/opruPczv

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    There really seems to be something under the surface here with Ozzie, he's won a SB - why does he feel the need to grind an axe and salt in the wounds to rub it in, why is he talking about other teams and their QB's on the heels of his championship win? That's not good enough for him, he feels the need to rub Rex's face in it? There is obviously some unresolved issue here under the surface. He can't graciously be a winner and end it there? Oh and all them GM's with that pisspoor grammar - you sound like a moron.
    Being humble and classy is not the way of the world anymore. People embrace the sensational and the outrageous now. Sad but true...

Banned
    Ozzie is right. The Jets don't have a QB.

It's a miracle that we were able to win 6 games without one.

It's true though....You have a very good QB you will be competitive every year no matter what the rest of your team looks like 99% of the time

Put Brady, Peyton, or a few others on our squad instead of Sanchez and we definitely make the playoffs with a chance for a real run even with the injuries we had last season.....Put Sanchez on New England last season instead of Brady and they probably go 7-9

We didn't have a good supporting cast for Sanchez on offense but a great QB makes that much of a difference

Jets Insider VIP

Why so dooshy Ozzie?

I hope Joe Flacco rakes him over the coals for his new contract.

Hall Of Fame
    Misleading thread title b.c he was not singling the Jets out.

But he is right. And it is not secret that a great QB makes everyone look good.

How many times when Kaep and Flacco threw the ball yesterday did you say to yourself (or out loud): "No way Sanchez ever makes that throw!".

Not sure of the #, but it was ALOT.