Thread: Revis for Alex Smith ?????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I'm pretty much done arguing this.
    It's for the best...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we traded Revis for Smith I would just stop being a JETS fan. What your pretty much doing is spending 19 mil on anther bust QB. Why not just sign Russell and pick up Carr and Vick in FA and get a collection going. You can DRAFT a better QB. Not worth the money.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And what defensive players are we going to cut to fit his 15 of cap room? do you think that would affect the pats more or less than having Revis? Beside Wilfork and mayo the rest of the defense does not make 15 miill a year together.

Believe me every coach in the league would be falling all over the jets to trade for revis if he made 8 mill a year for the next 5 years, and was not coming of and acl injury. 2 #1s in the 20s and even a young starter would not be out of the question for a team desperate enough. 28 yo or not.

But what is almost as unreasonable as Tex's statement was jet fans thinking there is a huge market for him out there now for him, a market so strong that teams will be willing to pay him 15 mill a year for 5 years and give him 35mill before he puts a uniform on to prove he can still play. yes, Peterson and Welker came back within one year and still played at a high level, but other guys don't and most guys the first year back are not close to 100 percent. then throw in the bad cases like Foxworth and Terrel Thomas both of whom may never play again because of the acl injury.

I posted many times, he needs to stay with the jets, he is worth more to the jets than any other team. I love Revis, I just don't see the value of a corner at that salary
    That might be the reason the patriots were ranked 25th in defense last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    not might have been, was for sure. You can't have that many young guys starting for a team. Ninko was the only other guy that played started 3 years in the league on the whole defensive team. They improved 6 spots from the previous year, hopefully they can improve 6 more spots next year, they probably will if they can keep Talib.

And points given up is the only defensive stat that counts.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And what defensive players are we going to cut to fit his 15 of cap room? do you think that would affect the pats more or less than having Revis? Beside Wilfork and mayo the rest of the defense does not make 15 miill a year together.

Believe me every coach in the league would be falling all over the jets to trade for revis if he made 8 mill a year for the next 5 years, and was not coming of and acl injury. 2 #1s in the 20s and even a young starter would not be out of the question for a team desperate enough. 28 yo or not.

But what is almost as unreasonable as Tex's statement was jet fans thinking there is a huge market for him out there now for him, a market so strong that teams will be willing to pay him 15 mill a year for 5 years and give him 35mill before he puts a uniform on to prove he can still play. yes, Peterson and Welker came back within one year and still played at a high level, but other guys don't and most guys the first year back are not close to 100 percent. then throw in the bad cases like Foxworth and Terrel Thomas both of whom may never play again because of the acl injury.

I posted many times, he needs to stay with the jets, he is worth more to the jets than any other team. I love Revis, I just don't see the value of a corner at that salary
    None of your boring money talk does a thing towards arguing that Revis isn't a game changer in general or more to my point might have gone a long way to winning one, two or more SBs for the Pats.

A cb.

No matter what he did or didn't make, he was arguing that cbs don't make an impact.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 02-04-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yards per game means nothing.

Pats defense gave up less points than the supposedly great Jets defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yards per game means nothing.

Pats defense gave up less points than the supposedly great Jets defense.

Only a fool would make the argument you're setting up.

The Pats wish they had a defense like the jets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Only a fool would make the argument you're setting up.

The Pats wish they had a defense like the jets.
    That's pretty funny.

Pats had the youngest defense in the NFL last season.

Why would any Pats fan want a slow, old and soft defense like the Jets have?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty funny.

Glad to see you are still staying true to form.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty funny.

Because the jets D is better.

Otherwise its the fault of the guy who coaches the D.

Younger and inferior means just that.

Go back to arguing that Revis isn't a gamer.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yards per game means nothing
    Only to Indy, Tennessee, Washington Tampa, Jacksonville, giants and saints.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because the jets D is better.

Otherwise its the fault of the guy who coaches the D.

Younger and inferior means just that.

Go back to arguing that Revis isn't a gamer.
    but will the jets D be better than the pats next year?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    None of your boring money talk does a thing towards arguing that Revis isn't a game changer in general or more to my point might have gone a long way to winning one, two or more SBs for the Pats.

A cb.

No matter what he did or didn't make, he was arguing that cbs don't make an impact.
    Revis is a impact player, I never would argue other wise. But so would have jared Allen, Ware, hali. any all pro would have helped the pats. But you have to stay under the cap also and still field a team. I would love to have a team of all pros, but you only have 120 mill to spend. If we add Revis to Wilfork and Mayo, all the other starters/rotational players could only make 1 to 1/1/2 mill each.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    but will the jets D be better than the pats next year?
    That has the same odds of the jets offense being better than the pats next year

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 49ers have one of the best OLs and best TE in football. I don't think Smith does well with our players. He just might turn into Sanchez#2. I'll keep Revis.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The 49ers have one of the best OLs and best TE in football. I don't think Smith does well with our players. He just might turn into Sanchez#2. I'll keep Revis.
    This.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Not the Jet decision to keep Revis. ( you lost that right when you gave up the franchise tag) Revis who will be a unrestricted FA might want to see what he can get on the open market. There is no guarantee he would sign an extension with Jets.

That happens and you might wish they could have gotten Alex Smith than a late third rounder in 2015(that might not get if you sign someone big in FA in 2014)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Not the Jet decision to keep Revis. ( you lost that right when you gave up the franchise tag) Revis who will be a unrestricted FA might want to see what he can get on the open market. There is no guarantee he would sign an extension with Jets.

That happens and you might wish they could have gotten Alex Smith than a late third rounder in 2015(that might not get if you sign someone big in FA in 2014)
    The question is whether we will trade him before the season starts in 2013. He is FA in 2014.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That has the same odds of the jets offense being better than the pats next year
    No it does not, the pats will return the entire offense except for maybe welker.

Everybody on the pats defense may be back except for talib.

Who started on the jets defense or was a significant player that is going to be on the jets defense next year.

You actually think the jets have a better chance at overtaking the pats in offense than the pats have in over taking the jets D?

if you go by points scored The pats scored 200% as many points as the jets did last year The jets would have to improve by 9 points per game and the pats scoring would have to diminish by 9 points.

By yards- the jets would need to increase their yds 28% an the pats would have to decrease theirs by 28%

Points on D is not really valid as the jets offense hindered the jets defense with field position but for reference sake the pats gave up 3 less points than the jets. But even giving the jets d, a handicap of 1 touchdown a game the pats only have to give up one less field goal per game for the pats to still be better in points allowed next year.

Or are you just saying a prediction right now is like that is a valid as oakland having just as much of a shot to win next year as Denver.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Alex Smith had played on this Jets team last year he would have been about as bad as Suckchez and McEltits were. Sorry.