Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Revis for Alex Smith ?????

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Embarrassment of riches.

I think they also have 11 first-rounders on their roster.
    True. That is a direct result of not making the playoffs in a decade. If the Jets had that record, could you imagine what our fanbase would do? Of course, SF could sustain that type of record coming off of 5 SB championships over the previous 2 decades. Now the org is realizing the wealth of picking high in the past decade.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Maybe you are the one with the crack pipe lol!

How did Alex Smith all of a sudden get so good after years of being called a bust??? Why was he one of the few QB's who actually lost his job after an injury???? Please check your footbal IQ....Smith is not that good of a QB. I would rather the jets bring in a veteran and draft a QB in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If Revis played the entire season last year, the Jets still finish 6-10.

If Alex Smith was the Jets starting QB last year, they finish 9-7 and slip into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And Brady wouldn't have put up 29 points. Jets would have won in regulation, wouldn't have needed that catch by Hill.

Sorry, we were talking about Revis, that game you play isn't going to work.

Fact is you don't have a f'in clue how any of the closer losses would have turned out with a healthy Revis suited up every week.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    True. That is a direct result of not making the playoffs in a decade. If the Jets had that record, could you imagine what our fanbase would do? Of course, SF could sustain that type of record coming off of 5 SB championships over the previous 2 decades. Now the org is realizing the wealth of picking high in the past decade.
    You are right but I think many of you guys are overrating that they didn't make the playoffs and got a lot of high picks. Sure it helps, but football is not baseball. The 49ers are not the TB Rays. It just doesn't work that way in the NFL. They always had a talented roster but they were immature and had awful coaching. And they didn't have a QB for a long time until somehow Harbaugh resurrected Smith.

That is the biggest difference. They have a HC and have gotten great QB play the past two years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Embarrassment of riches.

I think they also have 11 first-rounders on their roster.
    Those 14 draft picks are the same number of picks the Jets had in the last 2 years combined.

Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    Alex Smith had a loaded offense in SF and lost his job to a friggin rookie because he couldn't hit a damn pass over 15 yards. Take that offensive talent and Jim Harbaugh away and Smith is simply a terrible football player.
    I couldn't believe how lousy he was in last year's playoff game vs the Giants. For most of the 2nd half Smith couldn't throw a swing pass to a RB without bouncing it, let alone a pass down the field.

Just to reiterate: Alex Smith is bad. Alex Smith with the skill position players that the Jets have would be Sanchez-like.

He should stay on the West Coast. He'd fit in perfectly in AZ and I think the Niners will be cutting him anyway.

When Jason Campbell fills in for Kaepernick if he gets hurt next year and has a better game than the best one in Smith's career, then you'll realize how bad Smith is.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Maybe you are the one with the crack pipe lol!

How did Alex Smith all of a sudden get so good after years of being called a bust??? Why was he one of the few QB's who actually lost his job after an injury???? Please check your footbal IQ....Smith is not that good of a QB. I would rather the jets bring in a veteran and draft a QB in the 2nd round.
    The timing of Smith's demotion to backup may end up being a brilliant move by Harbaugh. They could get something for nothing.