Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 128

Thread: Revis for Alex Smith ?????

  1. #1

    Revis for Alex Smith ?????

    Even though Colin Kaepernick is catching flack for his first-half jitters in the Super Bowl, the 49ers defense the secondary specifically was the real reason why they lost last night.

    Joe Flacco completed 22 of 33 passes for 287 yards and 3 TDs. He didn't just dink and dunk San Francisco to death, he supplemented his short passes with a handful of back-breaking deep balls. He was getting anything he wanted.
    We probably should have seen it coming.

    The 49ers secondary got sliced up by Matt Ryan in the first half of the NFC title game, and gave up 31 points to the Green Bay Packers in the divisional round.


    Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/49ers...#ixzz2Jy06bTO0

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,476
    Put down the crack pipe.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Revis is worth four (4) Alex Smiths.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,215
    Is there something Alex did from the bench last nite that makes us want to trade our best player for?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Revis is worth four (4) Alex Smiths.
    If Revis played the entire season last year, the Jets still finish 6-10.

    If Alex Smith was the Jets starting QB last year, they finish 9-7 and slip into the playoffs.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If Revis played the entire season last year, the Jets still finish 6-10.

    If Alex Smith was the Jets starting QB last year, they finish 9-7 and slip into the playoffs.
    I agree with this.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

    If Alex Smith was the Jets starting QB last year, they finish 9-7 and slip into the playoffs.
    Alex Smith stinks. Worst thing I think I've ever read by you. You should be banned.

    Alex Smith is not a viable NFL QB without the NFL's best TE, three great WR's, 2-3 dominant RB's, a great O-line, and a dominant defense.

    And then all he does is not lose you the game. He wins you nothing.

    If you need all that around you Sanchez has proven even he can get you to a conference championship which is exactly all Smith did.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If Revis played the entire season last year, the Jets still finish 6-10.

    If Alex Smith was the Jets starting QB last year, they finish 9-7 and slip into the playoffs.

    what does that have to do with their trade value?

  10. #10
    I'm someone who's FOR trading Revis, but Revis for Smith is stupid. Trading the best CB in the game for a guy who is a game-manager at best and has only had one good year in 8 seasons is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    what does that have to do with their trade value?
    Nothing. As usual, he's diverting the topic to random nonsense.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Nothing. As usual, he's diverting the topic to random nonsense.
    Well, he can divert his mouth to my balls for all I care.

  13. #13
    The Jets would require picks as well as Smith if a deal was to be made with the 49ers.

    The niners will have a LOT of picks to offer up in a trade whether it be making a pitch for Revis or trying to trade up for the Jets pick.

    They have:

    1st
    2nd
    3rd x 2
    4th x 2
    5th x 2
    6th x 2
    7th x 4

    A total of 14 picks if they get the comp picks they are projected to get.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,289
    Make it happen Tanny.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm someone who's FOR trading Revis, but Revis for Smith is stupid. Trading the best CB in the game for a guy who is a game-manager at best and has only had one good year in 8 seasons is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    Link to where he's running 4.3's again already?

    Link to article on his full recovery?

    Proof?

    Oh you think ACL's are nothing? I had one. It was terrible. The recovery was awful. Take a knife and stab yourself in the knee for 2 hours every day while they put you in that motorized monster at rehab.

    http://www.nfl.com/player/domoniquef...36/careerstats

    This guy was well on his way to being a top flight CB. He blew out his ACL and could never recover. He finally gave up last year.

    CB when you are not built like Browner, Sherman, or Cromartie requires great speed. There is no guarantee Revis will EVER come back to what he was. It is presumptuous to think so.

    It's also presumptuous to think that to trade him you won't have to undervalue him. I don't think you will even get a single first round pick for him without packaging a pick with him.

    He has the Jets by the balls, there's zero incentive for any GM to offer what they want or what he's truly worth for a CB coming off ACL reconstruction who runs contrary to the trend of big CB's that is going on right now.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets would require picks as well as Smith if a deal was to be made with the 49ers.

    The niners will have a LOT of picks to offer up in a trade whether it be making a pitch for Revis or trying to trade up for the Jets pick.

    They have:

    1st
    2nd
    3rd x 2
    4th x 2
    5th x 2
    6th x 2
    7th x 4

    A total of 14 picks if they get the comp picks they are projected to get.
    You can't trade compensation picks. The team that gets a compensation pick has to make the pick.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Link to where he's running 4.3's again already?

    Link to article on his full recovery?

    Proof?

    Oh you think ACL's are nothing? I had one. It was terrible. The recovery was awful. Take a knife and stab yourself in the knee for 2 hours every day while they put you in that motorized monster at rehab.

    http://www.nfl.com/player/domoniquef...36/careerstats

    This guy was well on his way to being a top flight CB. He blew out his ACL and could never recover. He finally gave up last year.

    CB when you are not built like Browner, Sherman, or Cromartie requires great speed. There is no guarantee Revis will EVER come back to what he was. It is presumptuous to think so.

    It's also presumptuous to think that to trade him you won't have to undervalue him. I don't think you will even get a single first round pick for him without packaging a pick with him.

    He has the Jets by the balls, there's zero incentive for any GM to offer what they want or what he's truly worth for a CB coming off ACL reconstruction who runs contrary to the trend of big CB's that is going on right now.
    His name alone will make it a bad deal. We're not talking about trying to get 3 1sts or some other stupid crap that some have came up with. Trading him for Smith is ****ing stupid.
    Last edited by McGinley; 02-04-2013 at 04:32 PM.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,764
    Smith and a conditionary 2nd in 13 and a third in 14 for Revis

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If Revis played the entire season last year, the Jets still finish 6-10.

    If Alex Smith was the Jets starting QB last year, they finish 9-7 and slip into the playoffs.
    I don't agree. But that IS one way of assigning value.

    I'll give you another.

    Revis is a sure-fire Hall of Fame player, the best at his position in the NFL.

    Smith is a JAG QB, the equivalent of many players that come out every year in the draft.

    It may not be possible to "replace" a Revis.

    Smith can be replaced every year, any year, by almost any top-three-round QB.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Revis is worth four (4) Alex Smiths.
    Don't even want one Smithee. That Supe was a game with two strong armed QBs. Smith can't make those lasers, or long passes that we saw in this game.

    Crabtree...or any of the 49ers wideouts were not targeted that much when Smith was QB. 49ers were among the teams that least threw successfully to their WRs. Due to the fact Smith has a limited arm. But when Kap took over...Crabtree and Moss were targeted more often.

    When you play NEast football in the outdoors...you need a QB with an arm that can make all the throws...like the deep out, etc.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us