Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Revis for Alex Smith ?????

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Revis is a impact player, I never would argue other wise. But so would have jared Allen, Ware, hali. any all pro would have helped the pats. But you have to stay under the cap also and still field a team. I would love to have a team of all pros, but you only have 120 mill to spend. If we add Revis to Wilfork and Mayo, all the other starters/rotational players could only make 1 to 1/1/2 mill each.
    You're either dense or just enjoy arguing to argue. Money want the point. His argument was that Revis doesn't add wins to a roster. Which was stupid, plain an simple.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The 49ers have one of the best OLs and best TE in football. I don't think Smith does well with our players. He just might turn into Sanchez#2. I'll keep Revis.
    You don't know nuthin dude. Alex Smith tore up the NFL from 2005-2010 and if he had Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates, Shonn Greene and our JAG OL we go 12-4 last season and have a ticker tape parade scheduled for tommorow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You don't know nuthin dude. Alex Smith tore up the NFL from 2005-2010 and if he had Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates, Shonn Greene and our JAG OL we go 12-4 last season and have a ticker tape parade scheduled for tommorow.
    Dealing with an injury and being taken in and out of the lineup by then-head coach Mike Nolan, Smith played in nine games in his rookie season, recording just one touchdown pass, against the Houston Texans, while throwing 11 interceptions.

2010 49er started 0-5

and I know nuttin Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    This may be true, but what does it have to do with their trade value?

Would you trade Revis for Alex Smith straight up?
    Please no.

Dealing with an injury and being taken in and out of the lineup by then-head coach Mike Nolan, Smith played in nine games in his rookie season, recording just one touchdown pass, against the Houston Texans, while throwing 11 interceptions.

2010 49er started 0-5

and I know nuttin Dude

This thread is Exhibit A on how much Jets fans overrate Alex Smith. Maybe we can give Matt Moore $35 million guaranteed?

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Even though Colin Kaepernick is catching flack for his first-half jitters in the Super Bowl, the 49ers defense the secondary specifically was the real reason why they lost last night.

Joe Flacco completed 22 of 33 passes for 287 yards and 3 TDs. He didn't just dink and dunk San Francisco to death, he supplemented his short passes with a handful of back-breaking deep balls. He was getting anything he wanted.
    We probably should have seen it coming.

The 49ers secondary got sliced up by Matt Ryan in the first half of the NFC title game, and gave up 31 points to the Green Bay Packers in the divisional round.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/49ers...#ixzz2Jy06bTO0
    yeah and frank gore

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No it does not, the pats will return the entire offense except for maybe welker.

Everybody on the pats defense may be back except for talib.

Who started on the jets defense or was a significant player that is going to be on the jets defense next year.

You actually think the jets have a better chance at overtaking the pats in offense than the pats have in over taking the jets D?

if you go by points scored The pats scored 200% as many points as the jets did last year The jets would have to improve by 9 points per game and the pats scoring would have to diminish by 9 points.

By yards- the jets would need to increase their yds 28% an the pats would have to decrease theirs by 28%

Points on D is not really valid as the jets offense hindered the jets defense with field position but for reference sake the pats gave up 3 less points than the jets. But even giving the jets d, a handicap of 1 touchdown a game the pats only have to give up one less field goal per game for the pats to still be better in points allowed next year.

Or are you just saying a prediction right now is like that is a valid as oakland having just as much of a shot to win next year as Denver.
    I'm saying the pats defense sucks and its extremely unlikely it would be better than the jets d.
    And the jets offense sucks and its extremely unlikely it would be better than the pats o

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You're either dense or just enjoy arguing to argue. Money want the point. His argument was that Revis doesn't add wins to a roster. Which was stupid, plain an simple.
    How many additional games would the Jets have won last season if Revis played the entire year?

The correct answer is zero, Jets still would have finished 6-10.

CB's do not win games, QB's do.

The question is whether we will trade him before the season starts in 2013. He is FA in 2014.
    I understand what your talking about trying to trade him in 2013. (before he hits free agency)
    Just say you can get nine first rounders( exaggeration) for Revis in a trade with a team. If he doesn't want to sign an extension with that team, that trade is off.

Likewise you can't assume D revis would sign a big contract extension with the Jets if they offered one. ( he could but only he knows that answer) IF his heart is content to test free agency in 2014(why make sure Jets couldn't franchise you) than Jets really can't do anything with him but watch him leave, or compete with several teams bidding for his services as unrestricted Fa in 2014.

Maybe as a One year rental you can get a fifth rounder in trade( assuming he won't sign an extension) .
    Jets giving up that franchise tag are now squarely at the mercy of D Revis. They have no one but them selves to blame for this mess.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-05-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Wow great debate in this tread. First I am not suggesting that Alex Smith is that great of a QB. The key question is could Alex Smith lead a team to the Super Bowl and would be be an upgrade over Sanchez? From what I have read Smith was having an MVP year before he got hurt but let's also remember that he had a supporting cast of some good offensive playmakers.

Revis is going to demand a huge amount of money and in doing so is going to weaken any teams ability to acquire new talent at other positions. It seems that the class of QB's in this years draft is weak at best so the Jets are prob going to stick with Sanchez and if he continues to be below average will for a QB in 2014

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    The key question is could Alex Smith lead a team to the Super Bowl and would be be an upgrade over Sanchez?
    Smith was two muffed punts from taking the 49ers to the Super Bowl.

He would be a huge upgrade over the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I understand what your talking about trying to trade him in 2013. (before he hits free agency)
    Just say you can get nine first rounders( exaggeration) for Revis in a trade with a team. If he doesn't want to sign an extension with that team, that trade is off.

Likewise you can't assume D revis would sign a big contract extension with the Jets if they offered one. ( he could but only he knows that answer) IF his heart is content to test free agency in 2014(why make sure Jets couldn't franchise you) than Jets really can't do anything with him but watch him leave, or compete with several teams bidding for his services as unrestricted Fa in 2014.

Maybe as a One year rental you can get a fifth rounder in trade( assuming he won't sign an extension) .
    Jets giving up that franchise tag are now squarely at the mercy of D Revis. They have no one but them selves to blame for this mess.
    I agree more or less with you. I think Revis agent will talk logic to him and tell him to take whatever is reasonable and forget the 16 million. A knee injury could possibly cost him a step or two. It is too much a gamble to see how he does in 2013 and think his stock goes up in 2014.

I agree more or less with you. I think Revis agent will talk logic to him and tell him to take whatever is reasonable and forget the 16 million. A knee injury could possibly cost him a step or two. It is too much a gamble to see how he does in 2013 and think his stock goes up in 2014.
    I don't see anyone in his camp telling Revis to take a reasonable contract and not go for the Gold in 2014( where has the potential to make the most cash). His uncle(sean Gilbert) would have Revis fire him on the spot. ( Take a reasonable contract- not in their vocabulary)

When your talking elite players at their position/job, you really think they have the mind set that they are going to do the rehab and not come back to being the Player they were before the injury. See A Peterson who had a way more serious injury than Revis.

Were going to find out what Revis is thinking real soon .(not in Jet hands anymore) You might be right but I wouldn't count on that, as you can easily be wrong. No one knows but Revis what he wants to do.
    s
    Also just say this is Rex Ryan last year with the Jets. Maybe the new coach that is brought in is more a wide array of coverage kind of coach (secondary) than the Man to man Rex likes to play. You think It wise to pay a man to man cb that much, playing in that system.(see Asomugha with eagles)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-05-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Revis for Smith? No thanks.

Cromartie for Smith? Interesting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post
    Revis for Smith? No thanks.

Cromartie for Smith? Interesting.
    NO!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Smith was two muffed punts from taking the 49ers to the Super Bowl.

He would be a huge upgrade over the worst starting QB in the NFL.
    Last to slightly above last is not a 'huge upgrade'. Trading your best player and the best player 'by far' (LOL) at his position, for a few more wins, and a player that comes very expensively to boot, not worth it. Not even close.

Revis for smith straight up no way!!! Revis/Sanchez for smith now I'm listening but still need more..

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How many additional games would the Jets have won last season if Revis played the entire year?

The correct answer is zero, Jets still would have finished 6-10.

CB's do not win games, QB's do.
    Alex Smith don't win games he manages them. If we had Alex Smith last year, we wouldv'e lost more games. Let's say Smith is a decent "game manager", If he got us to the playoffs, who would we had beaten?

I think there's a possibility that SF may end up cutting Smith anyway. I'm not opposed to trading Revis, but he is a HOF caliber player...a pick & stop-gap QB is not even close to enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I don't see anyone in his camp telling Revis to take a reasonable contract and not go for the Gold in 2014( where has the potential to make the most cash). His uncle(sean Gilbert) would have Revis fire him on the spot. ( Take a reasonable contract- not in their vocabulary)

When your talking elite players at their position/job, you really think they have the mind set that they are going to do the rehab and not come back to being the Player they were before the injury. See A Peterson who had a way more serious injury than Revis.

Were going to find out what Revis is thinking real soon .(not in Jet hands anymore) You might be right but I wouldn't count on that, as you can easily be wrong. No one knows but Revis what he wants to do.
    s
    Also just say this is Rex Ryan last year with the Jets. Maybe the new coach that is brought in is more a wide array of coverage kind of coach (secondary) than the Man to man Rex likes to play. You think It wise to pay a man to man cb that much, playing in that system.(see Asomugha with eagles)
    Raiders and Patriots fans don't have a clue.