Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 128

Thread: Revis for Alex Smith ?????

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    His name alone will make it a bad deal. Trading him for Smith is ****ing stupid.
    Also completely impossible with that contract.

    Smith will beg for his release and the Niners would be dumb to grant it. He fits in their cap, they have no weaknesses, and their QB is an injury risk.

    Alex Smith for Revis scenarios aren't dumb just based on what I listed before, but are incredibly stupid since you can't do a damned thing to fit Smith under the cap.

    Dump.

  2. #22
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Link to where he's running 4.3's again already?

    Link to article on his full recovery?

    Proof?

    Oh you think ACL's are nothing? I had one. It was terrible. The recovery was awful. Take a knife and stab yourself in the knee for 2 hours every day while they put you in that motorized monster at rehab.

    http://www.nfl.com/player/domoniquef...36/careerstats

    This guy was well on his way to being a top flight CB. He blew out his ACL and could never recover. He finally gave up last year.

    CB when you are not built like Browner, Sherman, or Cromartie requires great speed. There is no guarantee Revis will EVER come back to what he was. It is presumptuous to think so.

    It's also presumptuous to think that to trade him you won't have to undervalue him. I don't think you will even get a single first round pick for him without packaging a pick with him.

    He has the Jets by the balls, there's zero incentive for any GM to offer what they want or what he's truly worth for a CB coming off ACL reconstruction who runs contrary to the trend of big CB's that is going on right now.
    I think other GMs would offer closer to true market value if they knew Revis has been undergoing the same performance enhancement drug regiment that Adrian Peterson rehabilitated with last year...

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If Revis played the entire season last year, the Jets still finish 6-10.

    If Alex Smith was the Jets starting QB last year, they finish 9-7 and slip into the playoffs.
    This may be true, but what does it have to do with their trade value?

    Would you trade Revis for Alex Smith straight up?

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    what does that have to do with their trade value?
    Nothing.

    Stupid, pointless comments are part of being a troll.

    Hey nimrod, Brady hasn't won a SB since Sanchez has been in the NFL. Neither has, so you want to swap? Can not win a SB with Sanchez just like with Brady.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 02-04-2013 at 04:45 PM.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I don't agree. But that IS one way of assigning value.

    I'll give you another.

    Revis is a sure-fire Hall of Fame player, the best at his position in the NFL.

    Smith is a JAG QB, the equivalent of many players that come out every year in the draft.

    It may not be possible to "replace" a Revis.

    Smith can be replaced every year, any year, by almost any top-three-round QB.
    I agree with that Fish.

    My example was the relevant value of a mediocre QB versus a HOF CB.

    Like I said earlier, the Jets still go 6-10 if Revis played all 16 games.

    With Smith, the Jets were probably looking at 9-7 at worst.

    HOF CB's do not win games.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Link to where he's running 4.3's again already?

    Link to article on his full recovery?

    Proof?

    Oh you think ACL's are nothing? I had one. It was terrible. The recovery was awful. Take a knife and stab yourself in the knee for 2 hours every day while they put you in that motorized monster at rehab.

    http://www.nfl.com/player/domoniquef...36/careerstats

    This guy was well on his way to being a top flight CB. He blew out his ACL and could never recover. He finally gave up last year.

    CB when you are not built like Browner, Sherman, or Cromartie requires great speed. There is no guarantee Revis will EVER come back to what he was. It is presumptuous to think so.

    It's also presumptuous to think that to trade him you won't have to undervalue him. I don't think you will even get a single first round pick for him without packaging a pick with him.

    He has the Jets by the balls, there's zero incentive for any GM to offer what they want or what he's truly worth for a CB coming off ACL reconstruction who runs contrary to the trend of big CB's that is going on right now.
    you might be a bigger chicken little then McDumbAss...now we are GIVING away our best player and comparing him to nomique foxworth? back to the short bus for you...

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I agree with that Fish.

    My example was the relevant value of a mediocre QB versus a HOF CB.

    Like I said earlier, the Jets still go 6-10 if Revis played all 16 games.

    With Smith, the Jets were probably looking at 9-7 at worst.

    HOF CB's do not win games.

    still has nothing to do with their trade value.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    This may be true, but what does it have to do with their trade value?

    Would you trade Revis for Alex Smith straight up?
    It has nothing to do with trade value.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I agree with that Fish.

    My example was the relevant value of a mediocre QB versus a HOF CB.

    Like I said earlier, the Jets still go 6-10 if Revis played all 16 games.

    With Smith, the Jets were probably looking at 9-7 at worst.

    HOF CB's do not win games.
    Really? Want to bet that most would think that with Revis on the Pats losing SB teams he may have helped win those two close loses to the Giants.

    You're obsessed with downplaying everything jets, trying to make Revis into an irrelevant player is stupid.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Really? Want to bet that most would think that with Revis on the Pats losing SB teams he may have helped win those two close loses to the Giants.

    You're obsessed with downplaying everything jets, trying to make Revis into an irrelevant player is stupid.
    I have stated many times, Revis is the best CB in the NFL.

    Unfortunately, he just happens to play a position that is not as relevant as other positions.

    It is what it is.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOOOOO!!!!! Alex Smith is WORSE than Mark Sanchez. He had a better team and better coaching around him in his seventh year than Sanchez had in his first year and couldn't do any better than Sanchez. He wouldn't even have gotten to the CG in 09 and 10.

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Meyer has hit it out of the park with this one, frankly


    Revis and Tebow to the Niners

    Smith, the Niners first second and two thirds and a fifth his year, their first and second round pick in 2014 and their first round pick in 2015

    fair value

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I have stated many times, Revis is the best CB in the NFL.

    Unfortunately, he just happens to play a position that is not as relevant as other positions.

    It is what it is.
    Nobody said any player is as relevant as QB.

    To say that means a cb can't lead a team or help a team win is stupid though. I like the defenseless Pats in their SB loses a lot more with Revis shutting down half the field. To argue against that is silly.

  14. #34
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis for Smith straight up?

    No

    Revis for Smith, the 49ers 1st round pick this year and a conditional 3rd in 2014?

    Yes

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    hell nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    id rather go with tebow or mcelroy.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    You can't trade compensation picks. The team that gets a compensation pick has to make the pick.
    Uh yeah, I am fully aware of that fact. It means they can trade their own picks of which they have 11 or so and still have their comp picks.

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the trade Revis camp. But if they do it for Alex Smith I'm turning in my fancard. Are you kidding me!?

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    you might be a bigger chicken little then McDumbAss...now we are GIVING away our best player and comparing him to nomique foxworth? back to the short bus for you...
    Revis' ability to cover players has zero bearing on his ability to recover from a torn ACL.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Revis' ability to cover players has zero bearing on his ability to recover from a torn ACL.
    The guy who just won the MVP shredded his knee less then a year ago, about 5 times worse then Revis did.

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I have stated many times, Revis is the best CB in the NFL.

    Unfortunately, he just happens to play a position that is not as relevant as other positions.

    It is what it is.

    Prior to his injury he was undoubtedly.

    You and anybody else who says that he still is has no idea what they are talking about! He plays a speed position and just had his knee reconstructed. There is ZERO PROOF that he is anywhere near being able to play at the level he was. My God........

    His value is down based off that. He will not trade for what he is truly worth this year.

    The contract and ACL guarantee that.

    Here's my guess: A trade is wishful thinking. He will not be traded. He will leave after next year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us