Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official "2013 Offseason Roster Moves" Thread

All League
    Have we released anyone yet?

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Have we released anyone yet?
    No.

Hall Of Fame
    Giants are releasing everybody. Bradshaw, Boley, Canty. Tuck may soon follow. They might be in worse shape than us. They have 3 guys they need to pay in Nicks, Cruz and JPP (might not be this year).

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Giants are releasing everybody. Bradshaw, Boley, Canty. Tuck may soon follow. They might be in worse shape than us. They have 3 guys they need to pay in Nicks, Cruz and JPP (might not be this year).
    I thought they had paid Cruz last year?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    No, they talked about it but did not do a deal. He played for just under $500k this past season.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Nah. He is an RFA this year. Wanted a contract last year and didn't get one. I think they are going to tender him for 2013.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nah. He is an RFA this year. Wanted a contract last year and didn't get one. I think they are going to tender him for 2013.
    I don't think they have much of a choice. They have a lot of guys that they need to pay.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I don't think they have much of a choice. They have a lot of guys that they need to pay.
    The first round tender is $2.87 million this year. My guess is that they come to an agreement on a longer term deal.

All Pro
    You don't pay wrs huge cap money when they don't play premium positions. This is why you don't draft these positions in the 1st round.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You don't pay wrs huge cap money when they don't play premium positions. This is why you don't draft these positions in the 1st round.
    So you dont draft a Calvin Johnson, A.J Green, Julio Jones, Larry Fitzgerald in the first round? Then where do you get an impact #1 WR?

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets will get under salary cap when they cut LB Bart Scott, OLB Calvin Pace & OL Jason Smith in coming days/wks. Clears $27.7M of space #nyj

DeMario Davis will be the Jets starting ILB alongside David Harris next season. #nyj

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the team will part ways with linebacker Bart Scott, linebacker Calvin Pace and offensive tackle Jason Smith in the coming days or weeks. Per Mehta, the moves would clear $27.7 million in cap space for the Jets. That’s crucial space for the Jets, who stand more than $20 million over the 2013 cap with those three players on the team.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ong-jets-cuts/
    Last edited by McGinley; 02-07-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jets will get under salary cap when they cut LB Bart Scott, OLB Calvin Pace & OL Jason Smith in coming days/wks. Clears $27.7M of space #nyj

DeMario Davis will be the Jets starting ILB alongside David Harris next season. #nyj

Very rarely does Mehta brighten up my day, but that tweet certainly does. Thanks for posting.

Davis will bring the much needed speed to that LB corps.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Lions GM Mayhew: Titus Young had no trade value. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Jets Insider VIP
    change Titus Young to Tim Teblow and you have a real life, on target Jets related tweet

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

I'm not suggesting he'sa a superstar, but Josh Mauga could get more snaps next year. He was IR'd relatively early in the season and was generally forgotten about.

For depth purposes, he has some value.

All Pro
    So how does Manish know who starts before any offseason moves, the draft or training camp?!!? I mean we all know it makes sense that Davis gets penciled in as the starter but this sounds like pure speculation...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    So how does Manish know who starts before any offseason moves, the draft or training camp?!!? I mean we all know it makes sense that Davis gets penciled in as the starter but this sounds like pure speculation...
    It's not even speculation . Davis was drafted in the 3rd and groomed him for a yr for a reason.. It's gonna be his job to lose.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    It's not even speculation . Davis was drafted in the 3rd and groomed him for a yr for a reason.. It's gonna be his job to lose.
    There is a big difference between it being "his job to lose" and "he will be the starter". Mehta is throwing it out there pretending it is a fact which it is not unless he quotes Rex or another coach.

Davis should have already started more games last season, no question about it. I think he showed us a lot in the middle of the year when he got a bunch of playing time becauce of injuries (road game against NE comes to mind)...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So you dont draft a Calvin Johnson, A.J Green, Julio Jones, Larry Fitzgerald in the first round? Then where do you get an impact #1 WR?
    You draft them where they're supposed to be drafted and you develop them. The Baltimore Ravens just won the SB with Flacco throwing the ball all over the place. Where is the WR on that team that was drafted in the 1st round by them.We can't seem to get past the NE Patriots, who has no WR drafted in the 1st round by them.

The Falcons have 2 Wrs drafted in the 1st round, 1 they paid a king's ransom to aquire, and they haven't won the SB. The Lions have megatron, and can't even make the playoffs. The Cards have Fitzgerald and can't win 5 games without Warner. The Giants have Nicks and a free agent off the street is their best WR.