Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Official "2013 Offseason Roster Moves" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    And what would you suggest the Jets offer in trade in order to land Foles?
    Nothing we have, short of Revis, is appealing to anyone.

I'm talking about viable trade options.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope so.

But until he shows/proves it, I am not going to assume and neither should the Jets.
    As the 2012 season progressed, he actually did show improvement. He started catching the ball with his hands instead of his body and was making solid catches. The big issue with Hill was his hands, and that looked to have improved as time went on. If he can keep progressing, and if Failchez/the starting QB get the ball to him, Stephen should turn into a nice selection. Not saying he's going to become the next Julio Jones or anything like that, but he'd be a nice weapon that has speed, strength, length, and physicality.

Well Kackert's staying in Canada, and thanks to Steinberg, people are going to be whining about a player choosing a CFL team over the Jets.

Steiny is an uninformed dip****. Someone needs to tell him that it's time to stop playing reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Uh, no, not quite.

Steiny actually HAS inside sources and has broken news multiple times before the major media outlets.

The kid is clueless with evaluating players and he pumps up the street free agents, so I don't follow him for that information, but you're joking if you don't think the kid can at least get scoops.
    Have to disagree. I don't recall him breaking many accurate stories. The majority of his "breaking" stories are inaccurate. As others have pointed out his father is an agent so that is most likely his source.

@ProFootballWkly: Signings this morning: #Bills re-sign OL Colin Brown, #Patriots sign DL Jason Vega, who played in the CFL the past 2 seasons.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Uh, no, not quite.

Steiny actually HAS inside sources and has broken news multiple times before the major media outlets.

The kid is clueless with evaluating players and he pumps up the street free agents, so I don't follow him for that information, but you're joking if you don't think the kid can at least get scoops.
    Uh, no.

He's a college kid who throws about as much sh*t against the wall as Incarcerated Bob or any of these other wannabe "insiders".

He's dead wrong FAR more often than he is right.

Hall Of Fame
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Chiefs announce release of WR Steve Breaston and TE Kevin Boss.

From the department of "No Surprise": Ex-Lions receiver Titus Young cleared waivers today.

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano
    Female kicker to work out at upcoming NFL regional combine: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...for-first-time

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Source: Jets to meet with Keller's agent: The Jets are expected to meet with the agent for tight end Dustin... http://es.pn/XsDApf #nyj

CBSSports.com ‏@CBSSports
    The Patriots reportedly won't use the franchise tag on Wes Welker for a second straight year: http://cbsprt.co/WelkerTags

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Source: #Dolphins met with Reggie Bush's reps in Indy. "Unlikely" to return. Team views him as a luxury, he'll want to get paid. Has options

Even though we won't be going after him, I hope this means he'll be out of the division.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Chiefs announce release of WR Steve Breaston and TE Kevin Boss.
    Both these guys could be interesting, cheap options for the Jets...

@KellenWinslowJr: @nfl watch the tape! I'm healthy. I don't miss games. I'm a matchup nightmare and can't wait to come back. Who needs me I'm listening?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Both these guys could be interesting, cheap options for the Jets...
    RT @AKinkhabwala: Strong sense Steve Breaston is going home to Pittsburgh. Why Browns said they'd meet w him AFTER Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    As the 2012 season progressed, he actually did show improvement. He started catching the ball with his hands instead of his body and was making solid catches. The big issue with Hill was his hands, and that looked to have improved as time went on. If he can keep progressing, and if Failchez/the starting QB get the ball to him, Stephen should turn into a nice selection. Not saying he's going to become the next Julio Jones or anything like that, but he'd be a nice weapon that has speed, strength, length, and physicality.
    I see no reason Hill cant be a Top 5 receiver in the NFL. Yes, he had some drops but the big problem was the dumbass throwing him the ball who is beyond awful. Hill was consistently wide open and Sanchez would not even notice him. With a year of seasoning, some work on his hands and a new QB, Hill could have a breakout year.