Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "2013 Offseason Roster Moves" Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Official "2013 NFL Offseason Roster Moves" Thread

Figured it wouldn't hurt to have a thread for this. League wide news, so not just Jet moves.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Titus Young released. Yep, the offseason has officially started. #HallofFame

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...cording-report
    Last edited by McGinley; 02-04-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That dude will have a hard time finding another job in the short term or should. He appears to be crazy in da head.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Figured it wouldn't hurt to have a thread for this. League wide news, so not just Jet moves.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Titus Young released. Yep, the offseason has officially started. #HallofFame

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...cording-report
    This seems eerily similar to the stickied "Jets offseason activity" thread up there^^^^.

Im sure you just Sanchized past that other thread.

EDIT: I now see your thread is representitive of the entire league, not just our beloved jets. Carry on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    This seems eerily similar to the stickied "Jets offseason activity" thread up there^^^^.

Im sure you just Sanchized past that other thread.

EDIT: I now see your thread is representitive of the entire league, not just our beloved jets. Carry on.

Ohhhh, you saw the opening, it looked like the play was there...but then before you could bow out gracefully you just ran into Brandon Moore's ass and buttfumbled it all away. No sir, I think you just Sanchized.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    That dude will have a hard time finding another job in the short term or should. He appears to be crazy in da head.
    Sign him and let Holmes mentor him, with Keyshawn chiming in when necessary to make sure this guy's all ready for the 2013 season in Jets green!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Sign him and let Holmes mentor him, with Keyshawn chiming in when necessary to make sure this guy's all ready for the 2013 season in Jets green!
    Good start. Although, I really believe we need to bring in JaMarcus Russell to guide the group to its full potential. The gifted former athlete is a veritable
    font of knowledge related to on-field play, as well as nutrition and relaxation methodologies.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Good start. Although, I really believe we need to bring in JaMarcus Russell to guide the group to its full potential. The gifted former athlete is a veritable
    font of knowledge related to on-field play, as well as nutrition and relaxation methodologies.

And we won't have to hire those sleep consultants again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started the Paul Kruger thread, and just saw this one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how if Cliff Avril will be affordable. He had an off year, and it doesn't like like he's coming back to Detroit.

I think he would be a good pass rusher for us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sehawks brought in lynch when nobody wanted him. We need playmakers on offense. If young can make plays, give him a shot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sehawks brought in lynch when nobody wanted him. We need playmakers on offense. If young can make plays, give him a shot.
    Lynch was always good. His problem was that he was a headcase.

Titus Young isn't that good along with being a major headcase.

Kerley >>> Young

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly started the Titus Young warble garble?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    What exactly started the Titus Young warble garble?
    Titus was purposely screwing up plays last year because he wasn't getting the ball enough. So, he got benched and eventually IR'd. Then, he decided to take to twitter to talk trash about it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just had a minor heart attack when I saw that the Colts signed WR Jeremy Kelly to a future contract.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Titus was purposely screwing up plays last year because he wasn't getting the ball enough. So, he got benched and eventually IR'd. Then, he decided to take to twitter to talk trash about it.
    Should never be allowed to set foot on an NFL field again, if proven true.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Bengals will sign him like they sign everybody elses outcasts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a good one from Titus Young reported by Detroit Free Press on rotoworld:

Former Lions WR Titus Young recently told his high school coach that he's better than Calvin Johnson.

"He did tell me he thought he was just as good Megatron," E.C. Robinson recalled late last month. "I said, 'Titus, come on.' I said, 'Come on, man. Who you talking to?' I said, 'Come on, you’re as good as that guy? This guy is the real deal.' And he really believes this. And he was sincere about it. 'Ah man, I'm better than him.'" If Young is unwilling to play second fiddle to this generation's greatest wideout, he's going to have a hard time fitting in many receiving corps around the league. He'll need to at least fake an attitude adjustment before signing on with a new team.

this guy is clueless

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need Randy Moss.

Send Moss and Hill deep and let Kerley and Holmes work underneath.

Unstoppable!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We need Randy Moss.

Send Moss and Hill deep and let Kerley and Holmes work underneath.

Unstoppable!!!!!!!!!
    Get a guy like Garrad and he may come. But what about the WCO you just hired a coach to run?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Get a guy like Garrad and he may come. But what about the WCO you just hired a coach to run?
    They ran plenty of vertical stuff in Philly. A good offense has many looks. The foundation will be the WCO but I think Marty's offense will not and should not be limited to the "dink and dunk" throws that are associated with the WCO.

I was half-kidding about Moss. I wouldn't mind him but we need a player like him who is a legit vertical threat who commands respect from the opponents secondary. As of right now, Hill is not that guy.

Here is a portion of an article regarding Marty's WCO and how it differs from a traditional one:

GOING DEEP

"What made Marty different from all the other West Coast guys was he took a lot of shots downfield."

Between 2010 and 2011, Mornhinweg’s Eagles were in the top 10 in passing plays of 20 yards or more. On passing plays of 40 yards or more they were No. 1 in 2010 and No. 12 in 2011.

Higgins remembers this philosophy going back to offensive meetings where Mornhinweg would look at the game plan and jokingly scold his coaches in Detroit for being too reliant on the safe dinks and dunks that define his system.

"We’ve only got three or four shots downfield," Higgins remembered Mornhinweg saying. "I want to see six or seven that can give us an honest chance at a home run that are realistic plays, like deep crossing routes with seven or eight man protection."

He wanted detail and regiment, but he also wanted the chance to surprise on any given play. In essence, what Rex Ryan has said he now wants in an offense.

"The Jets are going to enjoy playing for him," Higgins said.
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...system_ho.html

Now, unless we find a QB capable of doing these things it doesn't matter who we surround him with and who is designing the plays or calling them.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-05-2013 at 09:53 AM.