Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "2013 Offseason Roster Moves" Thread

Because they had Jackson who is one of the best deep threats in the nfl. Ifyou have that type of player and only a few teams do, then you can break out and throw it deeper. I also think that may be a function of Vick running around back there and the Corners not staying with the guy when they break deep 4 seconds into the play. Combine that with Vicks Arm and you can see how a downfield plays occur more frequently. I guess my point is that Vick goes for the gold a lot more more than the first target read being a 9 or 7 route.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ted Ginn is a free agent. Bring him in and let him get a chance at one of the receiver spots. Open competetion everywhere right? Give him a fair shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Ted Ginn is a free agent. Bring him in and let him get a chance at one of the receiver spots. Open competetion everywhere right? Give him a fair shot.
    I think ginn stays and mannigham goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    That dude will have a hard time finding another job in the short term or should. He appears to be crazy in da head.
    There's a guy who will desperately miss Al Davis

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Should never be allowed to set foot on an NFL field again, if proven true.
    He admitted it

Rams claim Titus Young off waivers.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Michael Boley cut loose by Giants after four seasons. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

All League
    as per Francesa, Ahmad Bradshaw will be released.

Hall Of Fame
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    As PFT reported, the Giants have cut RB Ahmad Bradshaw.

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane
    The #Eagles just cleared about $9 million from their salary cap with the release of Bell, who was a terrible fit last season.

Hall Of Fame
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Giants also release Chris Canty. He was due $6.25M in salary and a $250K workout bonus in 2013.

Veteran
    i'd take Bradshaw. He's a great back when healthy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    We need players who will be ready to contribute in 2015. Bradshaw is having trouble contributing now. We will not even give him a look.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i agree. He would be an obvious upgrade over Greene if healthy and probably cheaper. I'd be okay riding with Powell, McKnight and Bradshaw.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Eagles dump Demetress Bell, avoiding an $8.5 million roster bonus and $1 million base salary http://wp.me/p14QSB-7c4C

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We need players who will be ready to contribute in 2015. Bradshaw is having trouble contributing now. We will not even give him a look.
    Rebuild won't take that long, need to be able to contribute in 2014. I think Bradshaw can, he'll be 27 this season, and would be happy to see Jets sign him, but doubt they'll pay what it costs. But he may drive price down for other RBs.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Rebuild won't take that long, need to be able to contribute in 2014. I think Bradshaw can, he'll be 27 this season, and would be happy to see Jets sign him, but doubt they'll pay what it costs. But he may drive price down for other RBs.
    Not the direction the Jets should go. No need to pay free agent money for a guy like Bradshaw.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jets are not signing any big names unless they're willing to sign a one year deal.

We will be drafting guys to fill our holes. Any position filled with a veteran will be a one year stop gap.

Jets are building to win in 2015 and beyond. No reason to load up with expensive talent when we don't even have a QB. Plus we can't afford it now anyways.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Carson Palmer, Darrius Heyward-Bey are on the roster bubble, may need pay cuts to stay with @RAIDERS http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Hall Of Fame
    Brian McIntyre ‏@brian_mcintyre
    By releasing Michael Boley, Chris Canty & Ahmad Bradshaw, #Giants have cleared $13.75 million in cap space this week.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Kenny Britt is "on the spot" in Tennessee http://wp.me/p14QSB-7c4D