Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Official "2013 Offseason Roster Moves" Thread

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    It's not even speculation . Davis was drafted in the 3rd and groomed him for a yr for a reason.. It's gonna be his job to lose.
    Wish he'd gotten more PT this past year.

And huge LOLZ to the Faiders. Awesome Palmer trade boys, just spectacular.

@HowardShatsky: Congratulations to PFM client DL Marcus Dixon @MarcusDixon94 on signing a one year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @HowardShatsky: Congratulations to PFM client DL Marcus Dixon @MarcusDixon94 on signing a one year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs!
    The Chiefs are loving our castoffs. First Gilyard, now Dixon.

All League
    Was it ever made official that Scott, Pace, and Smith were cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Was it ever made official that Scott, Pace, and Smith were cut?
    There was never any report that they were cut in the first place. So far, it's just been reported that they are "expected" to be cut.

@ProFootballWkly: RT @Redskins: #Redskins to announce the signing of NT Ron Brace, a former second-round pick (2009) by the Patriots.

@CBSSports: RT @EyeOnNFL: Chip Kelly and Dennis Dixon reunite: Eagles sign QB to two-year deal - http://t.co/k3AcgIya

@ProFootballWkly: RT @jthom1: Have Rams tired of him already? Report out of Detroit says Rams are cutting Titus Young: http://t.co/0QCG20ae

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They ran plenty of vertical stuff in Philly. A good offense has many looks. The foundation will be the WCO but I think Marty's offense will not and should not be limited to the "dink and dunk" throws that are associated with the WCO.

I was half-kidding about Moss. I wouldn't mind him but we need a player like him who is a legit vertical threat who commands respect from the opponents secondary. As of right now, Hill is not that guy.

Here is a portion of an article regarding Marty's WCO and how it differs from a traditional one:

Now, unless we find a QB capable of doing these things it doesn't matter who we surround him with and who is designing the plays or calling them.
    Coles wasn't the W/R in 2000 that he was in 2001 maybe Hill shows much more in 2013??

Hall Of Fame
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Carl Poston, Charles Woodson's agent, tells me: "They're getting ready to release him. It's part of the business."

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Interesting. Another name off the board. RT @ByTimGraham: The Bills have re-signed quarterback Tarvaris Jackson.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Bills HC Doug Marrone: I spoke with Ryan (Fitzpatrick) and Tarvaris (Jackson) and told them we'll have an open competition at quarterback."
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 02-15-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Carl Poston, Charles Woodson's agent, tells me: "They're getting ready to release him. It's part of the business."

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Interesting. Another name off the board. RT @ByTimGraham: The Bills have re-signed quarterback Tarvaris Jackson.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Bills HC Doug Marrone: I spoke with Ryan (Fitzpatrick) and Tarvaris (Jackson) and told them we'll have an open competition at quarterback."
    That is the one of note because people thought he would be coming here because of the Idzik connection.

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31

The #Jets have signed Toronto Argonauts RB and Grey Cup MVP Chad Kackert, per source. #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @CBSSports: RT @EyeOnNFL: Chip Kelly and Dennis Dixon reunite: Eagles sign QB to two-year deal - http://t.co/k3AcgIya
    This could open things up on possible Nick Foles movement.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Coles wasn't the W/R in 2000 that he was in 2001 maybe Hill shows much more in 2013??
    I hope so.

But until he shows/proves it, I am not going to assume and neither should the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31

The #Jets have signed Toronto Argonauts RB and Grey Cup MVP Chad Kackert, per source. #nyj
    A white RB?? This board will kill him before he gets a carry..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    A white RB?? This board will kill him before he gets a carry..
    Steiny also said that he compares a lot to Danny Woodhead. Also caught a lot of passes last year (Its the CFL, but still...). You need that kind of RB in a WCO.

I fell for it. Sorry.

There is not a done deal for this guy yet.

chadkackert ‏@chadkackert

Haven't put a pen to paper yet. #misinformation
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-15-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Steiny also said that he compares a lot to Danny Woodhead. Also caught a lot of passes last year (Its the CFL, but still...). You need that kind of RB in a WCO.
    Steiny is also a college kid who likes to pretend to be a reporter.

Incarcerated Bob looks like Nostradamus compared to this goof.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Incarcerated Bob looks like Nostradamus compared to this goof.
    Uh, no, not quite.

Steiny actually HAS inside sources and has broken news multiple times before the major media outlets.

The kid is clueless with evaluating players and he pumps up the street free agents, so I don't follow him for that information, but you're joking if you don't think the kid can at least get scoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This could open things up on possible Nick Foles movement.
    And what would you suggest the Jets offer in trade in order to land Foles?