Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Paul Kruger

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Paul Kruger

    This should be a potential free agent that the Jets can look for. He is talented, has some pass rush ability, and a good motor. I live near Baltimore, and have been watching him all season. SAM LB/DE for the Ravens.

    Paul Kruger

    Stats:

    Paul Kruger Career stats

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't have the money

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This should be a potential free agent that the Jets can look for. He is talented, has some pass rush ability, and a good motor. I live near Baltimore, and have been watching him all season. SAM LB/DE for the Ravens.

    Paul Kruger

    Stats:

    Paul Kruger Career stats

    Thoughts?
    you do understand that he will get 4 years and 26 mill minimum.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    you do understand that he will get 4 years and 26 mill minimum.
    If the Jets cut everyone the way they're saying they will, there will be some room under the cap. Who knows how they're going to go about the off season.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If the Jets cut everyone the way they're saying they will, there will be some room under the cap. Who knows how they're going to go about the off season.
    Your'e right. But Kruger is not the answer for us. He is a very good player, he gives max effort all the time but he is going to get overpaid b.c of his performance in the postseason. IMO he is basically a DPR on a good team and we can't afford that luxury. Not sure he could play every down for us and still be effective. I would be interested to see the % of snaps he plays.

    I think we are going to be stockpiling cap room to make a run in 2014.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-04-2013 at 07:51 PM.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like him but think there are a lot more pressing areas to spend our money on.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This should be a potential free agent that the Jets can look for. He is talented, has some pass rush ability, and a good motor. I live near Baltimore, and have been watching him all season. SAM LB/DE for the Ravens.

    Paul Kruger

    Stats:

    Paul Kruger Career stats

    Thoughts?

    Sorry John there is a reason Reggie Mckenzie drafted his Brother in law Tony Bergstrom. Hope Bergstrom can finally do something for the Raiders . Hope he has a tape of Paul doing some weird things.

    Seriously I think this is the type of guy a lot of team will be targeting .

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,127
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks. We've overpaid for mediocre pass rushers before (Pace, Calvin). Those guys are fine if you already have Von Miller or Damarcus Ware and need some complementary pieces. We need Miller and Ware first.

    Note that despite their title, the Ravens' pass rush was pretty mediocre.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If the Jets cut everyone the way they're saying they will, there will be some room under the cap. Who knows how they're going to go about the off season.
    no they won't have much money to spend. Jason went over it in another thread.the jets have about 10 mill to spend after signing the rookies after all those cuts. He pointed out the only way they can save any additional money is to guarantee Sanchez and Holmes money in 2014 and extend Harris till he is older than Scott and Pace. .

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Sorry John there is a reason Reggie Mckenzie drafted his Brother in law Tony Bergstrom. Hope Bergstrom can finally do something for the Raiders . Hope he has a tape of Paul doing some weird things.

    Seriously I think this is the type of guy a lot of team will be targeting .
    Who cares about the Raiders? Not me.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    I rather go after Connor Barwin, hes coming off of a 3 sack season but is really athletic and has 10+ sack potential.

    There was a nice article on our cap situation by Jason, he had the Jets under the cap by $29 mil.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I rather go after Connor Barwin, hes coming off of a 3 sack season but is really athletic and has 10+ sack potential.

    There was a nice article on our cap situation by Jason, he had the Jets under the cap by $29 mil.
    That's if the Jets did everything in the article, which they probably won't.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    That's if the Jets did everything in the article, which they probably won't.
    It shows the flexibility though. I personally rather trade Cromartie which saves over $8 mil in cap space, instead of the 2 mil and lock up Revis.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    It shows the flexibility though. I personally rather trade Cromartie which saves over $8 mil in cap space, instead of the 2 mil and lock up Revis.
    But the jets would need to trade him with 72 hours of the league year. or the jets are on the hook for the 2.3 roster bonus. But this does make it much easier to keep revis on the books in the future as it frees up another 10 mill in 2014, The downside is that if Revis walks to go to a contender next winter the jets go from having the 1st or 2nd best secondary in the league to possibly the worse.
    Last edited by patman; 02-04-2013 at 10:48 PM.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    No thanks. We've overpaid for mediocre pass rushers before (Pace, Calvin). Those guys are fine if you already have Von Miller or Damarcus Ware and need some complementary pieces. We need Miller and Ware first.

    Note that despite their title, the Ravens' pass rush was pretty mediocre.
    Once again showing that the simplistic idea that it's all about sacks is wrong. Just as wrong as it is to think that Pace was overpaid to be a sack artist. When he was brought in to be a solid LB.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 02-05-2013 at 03:58 AM.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I rather go after Connor Barwin, hes coming off of a 3 sack season but is really athletic and has 10+ sack potential.

    There was a nice article on our cap situation by Jason, he had the Jets under the cap by $29 mil.
    You understand that by getting to 29 mill, he was guaranteeing Sanchez over 7 mill in 2014.

    Then asking holmes to either waive his injury claim and get released and finding a team to sign him for 2mill dollars 30 days before he can start working out from this months surgery. Or getting him to convert 4 mill of this years guaranteed salary to 2014 but not guaranteeing that 4mill next year. Kind of far fetched, don't you think?

    The deal with Harris just pretty much guarantees that he would see the same money that he is scheduled to receive in 2014 although it will be spread over two years. Nothing really in it for him, but nothing unreasonable from a money point.
    Last edited by patman; 02-04-2013 at 10:59 PM.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You understand that by getting to 29 mill, he was guaranteeing Sanchez over 7 mill in 2014.

    Then asking holmes to either waive his injury claim and get released and finding a team to sign him for 2mill dollars 30 days before he can start working out from this months surgery. Or getting him to convert 4 mill of this years guaranteed salary to 2014 but not guaranteeing that 4mill next year. Kind of far fetched, don't you think?

    The deal with Harris just pretty much guarantees that he would see the same money that he is scheduled to receive in 2014 although it will be spread over two years. Nothing really in it for him, but nothing unreasonable from a money point.
    I read the article, and I don't expect a Patriots fan to have a unbiased opinion on it. It would cost the Jets an extra $4 mil in dead money in 2014 with Sanchez, but lessen the impact in 2013 which they need more room considering they are set up to be over $50 mil under the cap in 2014, that is counting some obvious cuts.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Your'e right. But Kruger is not the answer for us. He is a very good player, he gives max effort all the time but he is going to get overpaid b.c of his performance in the postseason. IMO he is basically a DPR on a good team and we can't afford that luxury. Not sure he could play every down for us and still be effective. I would be interested to see the % of snaps he plays.

    I think we are going to be stockpiling cap room to make a run in 2014.
    That makes sense.

    If we can somehow make it through 2013 and a bad season and resign Revis (big IF), we'll be in great position for 2014.

    We can have another spending spree in FA and probably another good draft and we'll be back in contention.

    The team still has the guys in place to make a run at a championship, especially on defense.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I read the article, and I don't expect a Patriots fan to have a unbiased opinion on it. It would cost the Jets an extra $4 mil in dead money in 2014 with Sanchez, but lessen the impact in 2013 which they need more room considering they are set up to be over $50 mil under the cap in 2014, that is counting some obvious cuts.
    It does not matter to me one way or the other how much space they make by pushing Sanchez deal into next year. Why would it? I didn't take any pleasure at all with the jets going 6-10 last year. I don't hate the jets at all I dont care if they go 11-5 as long as the Pats win the division and win the home and away. Don't confuse me being a negative nancy sometimes with hating the jets.

    But as far as holmes contract goes it was a stretch, totaling ignoring that he is getting his 2nd lis franc surgery and having the assumption that he would give up 4 mill of salary to a future year that was not guaranteed after having surgery from which the prognosis is not the best.

    The proposed Harris deal is dangerous IMO for jet fans for this reason. A large proportion of fans on this site believe Harris no longer has the athleticism to drop into coverage. The Jets can live with this because Davis
    will be the ILB dropping back when the jets go nickle. However if Rex does not return after 2013 and the new coach goes 4-3 harris will then be a overpaid 2 down run stuffer locked into a contract for two more years. Rather than cutting him in 2014 offseason and saving 5mill on the cap

    Jason IMO was just too optimistic with the scenarios regarding those three players. No offset guarantees for holmes, No reasonable value for Harris foregoing FA, as he gives him a SB but cuts his 2014 salary by almost as much. Now fans are quoting this 29 mil figure as if it is reasonably obtainable while not impacting the 2014 cap. The jets can get to 29 mill no problem in 2013, Do the sanchez deal as he laid out but give him an extra million for an incentive to do so. Guarantee Harris 5 mill salary in 2014 and guarantee the what you cut of holmes 2013 contract in 2014.

    There you go - 29 mill to spend this year.
    Last edited by patman; 02-05-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us