Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFLDraftScout's Jets Mock

NFLDraftScout's Jets Mock

Matt Miller, Bleacher's lead draft scout, has mocked all seven rounds, and this is what he has the Jets doing FWIW:

1st - Ezekial Ansah DE/OLB
    2nd - Mike Glennon QB
    3rd - Giovanni Bernard RB
    4th - Cornelius Carradine OLB
    5th - Alec Lemon WR
    6th - Shamarko Thomas SS
    7th - Sam Brenner OG

Here are some notable names Miller has the Jets leaving on the board after their respective picks:

1) OG Warmack, pass-rushers Jones, Jordan
    2) WRs Tavon Austin, DeAndre Hopkins; OGs Warford and Barrett Jones
    3) FS T.J. McDonald, WR DaRick Rogers, OLB Sean Porter, RB Joseph Randle
    4) QB Landry Jones, RBs Montee Ball, Marcus Lattimore, LaVeon Bell
    5) DE William Gholston (!), Tyrann Mathieu (early 6th)
    6) RB Jawan Jamison, OT David Quessenberry

I have to learn more about the late-round guys, but the only pick I really hate is Glennon at 39, especially if two superstar OGs are left on the board. Bernard in the 3rd could turn into a steal. Elite production numbers and comps to C.J. Spiller (though potentially more like Fred Jackson with injuries). Pass-catching threat.

Update: Alec Lemon looks to me like a Jordan White type. Shrug. Shamarko Thomas gets Bob Sanders comps, workout warrior who will see stock rise after combine, not great in coverage. Big hitter could attract Rex's eye.

Brenner does not look like the answer at guard. http://m.nfl.com/draft/profile/2539968/sam-brenner/
    Last edited by Tackleem; 02-04-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Not sure I like Glennon in the 2nd. I would prefer some of the guys you listed.

Tank Carradine in the 4th is a steal IMO. He is coming off an ACL but he is very talented.

I'd take that in a heart beat great draft. Ansah is better then the guys you listed but if no one falls I'll take it. I am still hoping on Mingo.

All League
    That mock looks like a really good haul.

what I haven't realized though, is that there is PLENTY of talent to restock our cupboards along the Oline and OLBs positions in this draft. I completely forgot that Gholston entered the draft and could be available that late.

This draft lacks our real position of need: QB. Yet, I'll gladly wait a year for a QB to draft and re-tool the rest of the roster and depth.

Thanks for passing along.

No way Bernard makes it to the 3rd round.

He's the best back in the draft.

He'll go in the late 1st or early 2nd

Only one pick I really dislike and that is Glennon. If we took DeAndre Hopkins instead I'd be all over that draft.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Only one pick I really dislike and that is Glennon. If we took DeAndre Hopkins instead I'd be all over that draft.
    Or one of the OGs.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Or one of the OGs.
    With ya 100%...sub in barret jones for glennon and im all over that.

Bennard wont be there in the 3rd but we could easily put randle, gillesilee or graham in that spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    No need to draft a QB in this draft. No one stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    SleeperrrZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! get ur z's troup but herezzzzzz the real scoup! R in Everydraft.com

Because you have a nice group of QBs to choice from. That isn't a bad thing. I'd rather one this year next year doesn't look better.

That's why you don't waste a 1st round pick on one (at least not in the top 10), but if there is a guy we like in the 2nd or 3rd round it could be worth the gamble.

Ansah and Glennon would make for one of the biggest 1-2 busts in our draft history.

All Pro
    All i can say is i hope the draft falls the way it's presented in this outlined mock up . With our OL the way it is, there's no way we take Glennon in that spot.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No way I'd pass on Warmack or Jarvis Jones for Ansah.

[QUOTE=jumpinjoe;4814534]Ansah and Glennon would make for one of the biggest 1-2 busts in our draft history. [/QUote

I agree with you 100%.ansah over dion jordan pew.

If anyone did stand out they would be gone long before our pick at 9 so what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No way I'd pass on Warmack or Jarvis Jones for Ansah.
    I'd be ok with Ansah, Jarvis Jones or Mingo in the first. Werner would be great too if he stuck around that long.

All Pro
    Pff. While i can't complain with the draft picks, the people left on the board is laughable. Tyrann in the 6th? That guy won't last past rnd 4. No way, no how. Chance? for a guy who's going to take 2 years to develop?

Nope

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Pff. While i can't complain with the draft picks, the people left on the board is laughable. Tyrann in the 6th? That guy won't last past rnd 4. No way, no how. Chance? for a guy who's going to take 2 years to develop?

Nope
    Tyrann is nothing more than a glorified return man.

Too small to play safety and not good enough in coverage to play corner.

I'd say the 6th/7th round area is right.