Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baltimore Ravens, Model Franchise

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Great owner who hires the right FO people who in turn hire the right coaching staff and pick the right players.

Simple as that.
    agreed, it all starts with ownership setting the focus for the organization. The Pats were a floundering team until the Krafts bought them. I just hope Jonathan is to Robert, what Dan Rooney was to Art.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    agreed, it all starts with ownership setting the focus for the organization. The Pats were a floundering team until the Krafts bought them. I just hope Jonathan is to Robert, what Dan Rooney was to Art.
    Patman, you mean you guys don't miss Victor Kiam?

Eh? Look what they accomplished this year was great, but they also managed to waste practically 10 years of just about the top defense in the league while looking for a QB. No one would be singing their praises if they hadn't won this year. Instead we'd be reading about how they wasted the careers of Lewis, Reed, Suggs etc.

model franchise because their QB started to make plays and win games for them instead of riding the defense and hoping he doesnt f up.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    The pats were so broke one year that they could not afford to draft Cortez Kennedy in 1990 and had to trade out of the slot.

The only good thing I can remember from his ownership as I had Season tickets then was that he developed a plan for parking lot egress after the game. It cut the flow out of the lots greatly. The only thing the team sucked so bad there was only 40,000 fans there every game.

But it was so much more fun going to the games in the 70s and 80s than now. When we won a game it was like a shock. You see these early 30s patriot fans that never seen a horrible season.
    Last edited by patman; 02-05-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    model franchise because their QB started to make plays and win games for them instead of riding the defense and hoping he doesnt f up.
    No they compete year in and year out and play in a division with one of the best teams in the NFL, the Steelers. Since Steve Bisciotti purchased the team they went to the playoffs 9 times in 12 years and won 2 superbowls. that is what makes them a model franchise.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    And gave him a reasonable amount of time - 5 years - to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    And gave him a reasonable amount of time - 5 years - to get there.
    He never had a bad year and was almost 2:1 td to int since his rookie year.

He is not Brady, Manning, Brees or rogers but that does not mean he isn't a very good nfl qb.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The pats were so broke one year that they could not afford to draft Cortez Kennedy in 1990 and had to trade out of the slot.

The only good thing I can remember from his ownership as I had Season tickets then was that he developed a plan for parking lot egress after the game. It cut the flow out of the lots greatly. The only thing the team sucked so bad there was only 40,000 fans there every game.

But it was so much more fun going to the games in the 70s and 80s than now. When we won a game it was like a shock. You see these early 30s patriot fans that never seen a horrible season.
    Wow, nice trip down memory lane. Kiam's parking lot plan sounds like Hess saying the reason we're moving from Shea is to get better bathrooms. You are right about the young Pats fans not having much pain.....at least my sons(28,26, and 23) have been through the ringer with me over the years. I think they are immune to the Jets by now.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    That guy was like the owner of the Charlestown Chiefs.

right now flacco is every bit as good as brady and much better at throwing the deep ball.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    right now flacco is every bit as good as brady and much better at throwing the deep ball.
    no, his is not. he is on a hot roll right now,And Duh about the deep ball. There is no one that throws it better than Flacco. That is like saying Flacco isn't as good as Brady throwing between the hashes.

And the pats don't have the personnel to run 7s and 9s, when they did, Moss and Stallwoth caught a fair share of them. Remember Brady carved up that 9ers D also, and he was throwing in the rain and not a dome.

Football is a game of matchups, the Ravens matchup well against the pats. The pats used to beat the steelers even when the steelers were a better team. It looks like now that the pats matchup well against the Texans. The Fins used to match up well against the pats to. I think at one time the fins were the only team that brady had a losing record against.
    Last edited by patman; 02-05-2013 at 07:18 PM.