Thread: Superbowl 2014

Superbowl 2014

Do PSL owners have any chance of Superbowl 2014 tickets? Even if the Jets and Giants don`t make it isn`t there a small allotment of tickets for the host team or teams?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nocheeba View Post
    Do PSL owners have any chance of Superbowl 2014 tickets? Even if the Jets and Giants don`t make it isn`t there a small allotment of tickets for the host team or teams?

Participating Team Tickets
    About 75 percent of the Super Bowl ticket allotment goes to all NFL teams, which they can distribute to fans as they see fit. The two participating teams receive the biggest percentage, each getting 17.5 percent of the tickets available.

Non-Participating Team Tickets
    The host team receives 5 percent of available tickets while the remaining 29 teams not participating in the Super Bowl each receive 1.2 percent.

Be curious if the Giants and Jets have to split the 5% or will each team be allocated the 5%.

Most teams then put all season ticket holders into a lottery to see who lands the tickets.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Participating Team Tickets
    About 75 percent of the Super Bowl ticket allotment goes to all NFL teams, which they can distribute to fans as they see fit. The two participating teams receive the biggest percentage, each getting 17.5 percent of the tickets available.

Non-Participating Team Tickets
    The host team receives 5 percent of available tickets while the remaining 29 teams not participating in the Super Bowl each receive 1.2 percent.

Be curious if the Giants and Jets have to split the 5% or will each team be allocated the 5%.

Most teams then put all season ticket holders into a lottery to see who lands the tickets.
    I would think they have to split the allotment otherwise it has to come out of someone else's share. As far as PSL owners - don't hold your breath. The allotment goes to the team - players, employees, etc. If you have club seats you may have a slim chance.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by nocheeba View Post
    PSL holders have already been identified as fans who will come back no matter how much they are sh*t on. So probably not.

Hall Of Fame
    I think the only season ticket holders guaranteed Super Bowl tickets are Coaches Club and Luxury Suite owners. Not sure if you get your same tickets for the game however. My brother in law's company has a luxury suite for the Giants and they were told they have first rights for a suite for the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think the only season ticket holders guaranteed Super Bowl tickets are Coaches Club and Luxury Suite owners. Not sure if you get your same tickets for the game however. My brother in law's company has a luxury suite for the Giants and they were told they have first rights for a suite for the Super Bowl.
    Coaches Club only get sb seats if Jets are in it. Otherwise they are in lottery. Which is only like a 2.5% chance of winning. I am sure it will be a weighted lottery giving them a higher chance.

If you own a super expensive suite a set amount of tickets are given to you.

Banned
    Why would the Giants give season ticket holders first rights for a suite?

For the Super Bowl, the Giants could probably get 2, 3, 4 times the money if they sold them to the highest bidder.

Hall Of Fame
    Well you have to admit it would be fitting for a Jet fan to finally land a Super Bowl ticket and have the weather be ten degrees.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Coaches Club only get sb seats if Jets are in it. Otherwise they are in lottery. Which is only like a 2.5% chance of winning. I am sure it will be a weighted lottery giving them a higher chance.

If you own a super expensive suite a set amount of tickets are given to you.
    Thanks. The suites are going to be around $180k, depending on the location, for the Super Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

For the Super Bowl, the Giants could probably get 2, 3, 4 times the money if they sold them to the highest bidder.
    Giants don't have any season ticket holders, only PSL's. The Jets uppers are season ticket holders, they could only sell 2/3 of the stadium.

Hall Of Fame

The suite owners get the right to buy a suite for the game. They still have to pay whatever the Super Bowl rate is though. They dont get special pricing.

Banned
    The suite owners get the right to buy a suite for the game. They still have to pay whatever the Super Bowl rate is though. They dont get special pricing.
    Makes sense.

I take it that the Giants would set the price.

Hall Of Fame
    Makes sense.

The NFL sets the price. They will be between 180-200K for a suite for the Super Bowl.

and not to worry, NFL spokeman Brian McCarthy says the pregame and halftime shows will be weatherproofed at MetLife. so who will perform? Bruce just did SB in 2009. Bon Jovi? Jay Z? who will brave the elements and put on a very cheesy halftime show?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Makes sense.

Why would the giants set the price?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    and not to worry, NFL spokeman Brian McCarthy says the pregame and halftime shows will be weatherproofed at MetLife. so who will perform? Bruce just did SB in 2009. Bon Jovi? Jay Z? who will brave the elements and put on a very cheesy halftime show?
    Lady GaGa