Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sore Losers : Jim Harbuagh makes Belichick look civilized

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sore Losers : Jim Harbuagh makes Belichick look civilized

I really expected the 49'ers to win but given that Jim Harbaugh is such a sore loser I was not disappointed when the Ravens won.

Here is Steve Politi's ( Star Ledger) take yesterday on Jim Harbaugh.

" The older brother gave a clinic on how to be graceful after a victory, telling the entire world that the losing coach in the Super Bowl was the best in the business.

“There is no greater coach in the National Football league — or in the world, really — than Jim Harbaugh,” his brother John said.

The younger brother showed everyone exactly how not to handle a defeat on the biggest stage, behaving like an overgrown brat after the referees didn’t throw a flag for defensive holding on the final play of the decisive drive, and then in a six-minute news conference never praising his brother once for what he accomplished."

His ridiculous antics on the Superbowl sideline, his post-game exchange with Schwartz (he is also an idiot) and his fiasco with the time-outs and challenges (and tantrums) in the Minnesota game prove that Jim needs some anger management classes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Harbaugh is an ahole.

It's hard to hide being an ahole when emotions are running high.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd welcome either of them with open arms.

They are the type of HCs that if they are your HC you love them, if they aren't you hate them. I am sure NE and SF fans are very pleased.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

They are the type of HCs that if they are your HC you love them, if they aren't you hate them. I am sure NE and SF fans are very pleased.
    I agree , this type generally make better coaches but John Harbaugh has done a good job for five years without acting like a child.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Little brother syndrome at it's finest, lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing that POS lose the Super Bowl and get outcoached by his brother in the process made even Ray Lewis winning it all bearable... s... it Jimmy...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Jim Harbaugh is an ahole.

It's hard to hide being an ahole when emotions are running high.
    If the defender was a Jet, the flag would have been thrown. Jim should come here, he'll get that call every time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was the Super Bowl. I think I can understand him being pissed about a blown call that basically cost him the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

That's not even an issue. Of course fans of other teams would, however, we have to hope that the frustration at the end was in part because he knew he blew the SB.

Those goal line play calls were horrendous. The Ravens D was winded and slow footed then and not once did he have Kap run.

If he thinks he called all the right plays and that he lost because the refs screwed him then hubris will be his undoing every time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way you handle losing tells a lot about someone's character. Jim Harbaugh is a low life and he got what he deserved...

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Harbuagh is a class A douce-bag.

I know this from personal experience.

I met him a few times back in 96 when he was with the Colts and I had just moved out here.

He's just a giant A-hole. There's no other way to describe it. He's the kind of guy you would see out and about and secretly hope that he would say the wrong thing to the wrong person and get his a$$ kicked.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Jim Harbuagh is a class A douce-bag.

I know this from personal experience.

I met him a few times back in 96 when he was with the Colts and I had just moved out here.

He's just a giant A-hole. There's no other way to describe it. He's the kind of guy you would see out and about and secretly hope that he would say the wrong thing to the wrong person and get his a$$ kicked.
    Who cares, he's a top 5 NFL HC.

Jets would love to have him as their HC.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=253782&page=4

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex was top five two years ago...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Harbaugh is ultra competitive. He wants to be the best and believes he is the best at everything. As a result when he loses he is devastated and acts like a douchebag.

I saw an interview once with a former Denver Bronco (forgot who) who described John Elway in the same way. Elway thought he was the best at everything, not just QB and not just football. He would literally challenge other players to see who is faster, stronger and smarter. He claimed he could beat any other player in a foot race, arm wrestling, chess etc. When he lost he took it real hard and took his teammates to task if they did not play up to par. He was a real D!ck to everyone when they lost. It is this quality that made him a great QB and respected by his teammates.

In my opinion, it is this quality that Mark Sanchez lacks and has held him back as a QB. Its not his physical ability or ability to learn, its the ultracompetitiveness...the "im better than everyone at everything and if you dont play up to standard i will tear you a new one" attitude that Mark lacks which has held him back.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He may be a very good coach, but many of us still enjoy watching a-holes like him & post spygate Bellichick get their comeuppance.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Jim Harbaugh is ultra competitive. He wants to be the best and believes he is the best at everything. As a result when he loses he is devastated and acts like a douchebag.

I saw an interview once with a former Denver Bronco (forgot who) who described John Elway in the same way. Elway thought he was the best at everything, not just QB and not just football. He would literally challenge other players to see who is faster, stronger and smarter. He claimed he could beat any other player in a foot race, arm wrestling, chess etc. When he lost he took it real hard and took his teammates to task if they did not play up to par. He was a real D!ck to everyone when they lost. It is this quality that made him a great QB and respected by his teammates.

In my opinion, it is this quality that Mark Sanchez lacks and has held him back as a QB. Its not his physical ability or ability to learn, its the ultracompetitiveness...the "im better than everyone at everything and if you dont play up to standard i will tear you a new one" attitude that Mark lacks which has held him back.
    This may well be the most accurate assessment of Mark Sanchez I've ever seen in this site. He doesn't seem to have that. He doesn't seem to have the mental make up to take charge of the team or of a situation and say "I'm the leader of this team.". Probably hard to do when he's played as poor as he has been, but it seems like his teammates still support him. If he doesn't how this soon, then he'll never show it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a hyper competitive d!ck may work for some people. I guess it motivates Harbaugh, Elway, Bellichick, Jordan, etc. and is a part of what makes them great. But there are just as many all time greats who can win with class... Jeter, Montana, Eli & Joe Torre are just a few that come to mind.

We all have our own style that works for us. If being a classless douche is what motivates some to be great then good for them. Just understand that a lot of the public enjoys watching people like this fail and roots for the guys that win ( & lose) with class.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares. Steve Politi and Steve Serby should go take a trip in a helicopter together.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Who are the 4 coaches you feel are better?

Cheaters don't count