Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sore Losers : Jim Harbuagh makes Belichick look civilized

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin45 View Post
    Being a hyper competitive d!ck may work for some people. I guess it motivates Harbaugh, Elway, Bellichick, Jordan, etc. and is a part of what makes them great. But there are just as many all time greats who can win with class... Jeter, Montana, Eli & Joe Torre are just a few that come to mind.

We all have our own style that works for us. If being a classless douche is what motivates some to be great then good for them. Just understand that a lot of the public enjoys watching people like this fail and roots for the guys that win ( & lose) with class.
    See, this is the problem. People equate temper tantrums with "passion". You can have one (passion) without the other. Desperately wanting to win and being ultra-competitive doesn't mean you need to throw your clipboard and whine and cry every time a call doesn't go your way. This is what Harbaugh does. It has nothing to do with "competitiveness", it has to do with being an immature jerk.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Jim Harbaugh did act like a child but he was screwed, with the ball on the 5yrd line and the defender all over the receiver 2-3 yards in the end zone a flag should have been thrown. What did the refs need, a ruler, well they had one.

We always see a bit of contact past 5 yards, contact that does not impede the receiver, but if the receiver was a girl she would be pregnant from that play.

In the long run and after it is all said and done, Jim Harbaugh has no one but himself to blame. Do to the fact that the second half was dominated with passing plays and the Defense for Balt had been on the field for most the half, Gore, should have been used to win the game. By that time Gore had been relatively fresh from the high flying second half, he already had about 182 yards on the ground with, I believe, no plays for Negative yardage, pounding the rock in is the obvious choice.

I think most will agree, in the long run Jim Harbaugh has only himself and OC to blame.
    I live out here in the Bay Area, so I've been force-fed this argument for two days now ... could the penalty have been called? Sure. I've seen it called before, certainly. However, Crabtree initiated the contact and if there was "holding" it was brief, to say the least.
    But if we're gonna insist that was a penalty, then we must wonder why roughing the passer wasn't called on the previous drive when Flacco was tackled 3-4 yards out of bounds. It would've given the Ravens first and goal from the 1. Also, the phantom running into the kicker penalty that gave SF 3 free points.
    Yeah, you said it - the Ravens won that game fair and square. No whining allowed.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Not really.
    Mangini had that team 8-3 before Favre tore his bicep and continued to play him finishing 9-7.

While Rex did have to deal with coaching a rookie QB, he also had some key upgrades that Mangini did not have in Bart Scott (over Eric Barton), Jim Leonhard (over David Barrett/Abram Elam), and Braylon Edwards (over a broken down Laverneus Coles). Not to mention Shonn Greene was added to Thomas Jones providing a fresh power runner late in games.

Rex's first season ended with the same 9-7 record as Mangini's the prior year. But there were 2 main differences.

1. Rex entered at 7-7 vs 2 teams that had nothing to play for- Indy laid down the second half and Cinci didnt bother showing up at all. Had both of these teams played a full game Rex could have easily finished 7-9 or 8-8 meaning no playoffs.

2. In 2009, 9-7 was good enough to make the playoffs while the same record did not qualify the Jets in 2008 and cost Mangini his Job
    Help me understand how the Jets were fortunate that Cincy didn't show up. They buried the Bengals the last game and then kicked the crap out of them the following week in the playoffs for good measure. Did they not show up both weeks?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with OP.

Belichick is all class.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Ah, like losing two AFCCG's is some sort of significant accomplishment.

Ten years from now you will still site those two games as "great Jet achievements".

Wake me up when Rex can a least win a division title.
    its not a accomlishment but he does deserve credit making it that far twice with Mark Sanchez.. Belicheat cant beat weaker teams in the playoffs with the best qb in the league.. Well he did like 10 years ago when he had his secret videotapes.. But have the Pats not been the favorite in every playoff game they have played since 04? Other than the year brady was hurt.. Just curious why the great Bill is outcoached by teams with worse records, year after year..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Not really.
    Mangini had that team 8-3 before Favre tore his bicep and continued to play him finishing 9-7.

While Rex did have to deal with coaching a rookie QB, he also had some key upgrades that Mangini did not have in Bart Scott (over Eric Barton), Jim Leonhard (over David Barrett/Abram Elam), and Braylon Edwards (over a broken down Laverneus Coles). Not to mention Shonn Greene was added to Thomas Jones providing a fresh power runner late in games.

Rex's first season ended with the same 9-7 record as Mangini's the prior year. But there were 2 main differences.

1. Rex entered at 7-7 vs 2 teams that had nothing to play for- Indy laid down the second half and Cinci didnt bother showing up at all. Had both of these teams played a full game Rex could have easily finished 7-9 or 8-8 meaning no playoffs.

2. In 2009, 9-7 was good enough to make the playoffs while the same record did not qualify the Jets in 2008 and cost Mangini his Job
    lol you make bart scott sound like lawarce taylor.. Scott was an upgrade, but he was past whatever small prime he had.. Leonard? sure, he was important because he knew Rex's system and mke sure guys were where they were suppose to be, took the calls.. Rex didnt have the luxury of the great Chris Jenkins who only played in 6 games combined 09, 10? I believe jenkins played most of 08..

Yet Rex took Jets defense tht was ranked 17th, 18th in 07/08 and made it 1st and 3rd 09/10. Dont tell me bart scott was the reason lol.. Mangini road the back of a healthy very effective brett farve to 8-3 before his injury..after Mangini had no answers without a healthy farve.. So if he had a full yearof sanchez in 09 = to having a full year of a hurt farve, mangini wouldnt have won more than 3 games in 09. because with him as coach and not Rex D is back to ranked 17th.. a 17th ranked D was not carrying mark like the #1 D in the league did..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares, he's a top 5 NFL HC.

Jets would love to have him as their HC.
    I don't know about that. But he will get a Super Bowl ring before Mumbles does. And at least he doesn't cheat!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    If the defender was a Jet, the flag would have been thrown. Jim should come here, he'll get that call every time.
    They would have flagged Revis if that had been us.
    Sucks to feel like thats the way it is for us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Who are the 4 coaches you feel are better?

Cheaters don't count
    A majority of Jets fans would love it if the "cheater" was the HC of the NYJ.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    You mean for longer than 1 minute I assume?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You mean for longer than 1 minute I assume?
    To be fair, it was a couple of hours.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    See, this is the problem. People equate temper tantrums with "passion". You can have one (passion) without the other. Desperately wanting to win and being ultra-competitive doesn't mean you need to throw your clipboard and whine and cry every time a call doesn't go your way. This is what Harbaugh does. It has nothing to do with "competitiveness", it has to do with being an immature jerk.
    Ummm this!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I live out here in the Bay Area, so I've been force-fed this argument for two days now ... could the penalty have been called? Sure. I've seen it called before, certainly. However, Crabtree initiated the contact and if there was "holding" it was brief, to say the least.
    But if we're gonna insist that was a penalty, then we must wonder why roughing the passer wasn't called on the previous drive when Flacco was tackled 3-4 yards out of bounds. It would've given the Ravens first and goal from the 1. Also, the phantom running into the kicker penalty that gave SF 3 free points.
    Yeah, you said it - the Ravens won that game fair and square. No whining allowed.
    Ummmm this!!!

If you can tell I like your posts in this thread!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    BB is undefeated as HC of NYJ's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    BB is undefeated as HC of NYJ's.

still nothing but useless trolling

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    I agree with OP.

Belichick is all class.
    Except not really, lol.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    You keep repeating that to yourself, brother. You might even believe it one day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Singletary draft Kaepernick and then bench Smith halfway through the season?
    No, but that wasn't the question I asked you was it? You stated that Rex shouldn't get any credit for the 2009 team having the number 1 defense and rushing attack and winning 2 road playoff games because it was "mangini's team". By that logic, Singletary should get the credit for everything the 49ers accomplished in 2011.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You keep repeating that to yourself, brother. You might even believe it one day.

You honestly believe that most Jets fans wouldn't want BB if there were a NYJ coaching vacancy?

You keep telling yourself that.

#imrubberandyoureglue

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The losing Harbaugh is a smart man. He knows that there is no guarantee that the team will ever make it back to the SB. You should take it every hard when you lose the game, you should take it very hard when you lose the conf title game and not assume you will be back next year.