Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sore Losers : Jim Harbuagh makes Belichick look civilized

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Rex had the #1 defense and the #1 running game his first year. And he had absolutely nothing to do with the real reason why the Jets backed into the playoffs that year. The Colts electing to sit all their starters. Even with the #1 defense and #1 running game that year, the Jets were nothing more than a mediocre 8-8 team.
    So apparently Rex is capable of something.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Not counting Bellicheat

In no particular order:

John Harbaugh
    Jim Harbaugh
    Sean Payton
    Tom Coughlin
    Mike Tomlin
    Jeff Fischer
    Mike Smith
    John Fox
    Andy Reid

are all better than Rex

Mike Shanahan, Pete Carroll, and Marvin Lewis (no ones done more with less) are toss ups
    Mike Shanahan

Wasn't talking about Rex...Tex said Jim Harbaugh was a top 5 coach. I have him rated higher

So once again I ask Tex, who are the 4 better coaches than Jim Harbaugh, cheaters don't count

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rex would have the defense playing great and the niner offense would be abysmal. If Rex coached the niners they would not of been in the Super Bowl.
    Pffffffffffft. Yeah, okay pal

WHat a joke you are. Endless b1tching and whining

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So apparently Rex is capable of something.
    That was Mangini's team, not Rex's.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Wasn't talking about Rex...Tex said Jim Harbaugh was a top 5 coach. I have him rated higher

So once again I ask Tex, who are the 4 better coaches than Jim Harbaugh, cheaters don't count
    Bill Belichick
    Sean Payton
    John Harbaugh
    John Fox
    Mike Tomlin
    Tom Coughlin

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Belichick
    Sean Payton
    John Harbaugh
    John Fox
    Mike Tomlin
    Tom Coughlin
    That's a pretty good list

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which Rex coached. Proves my point. Give him a roster and he'll coach it. SF roster is better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    This may well be the most accurate assessment of Mark Sanchez I've ever seen in this site. He doesn't seem to have that. He doesn't seem to have the mental make up to take charge of the team or of a situation and say "I'm the leader of this team.". Probably hard to do when he's played as poor as he has been, but it seems like his teammates still support him. If he doesn't how this soon, then he'll never show it.
    and his inaccuracy and lack of pocket awareness means little?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'd welcome either of them with open arms.

They are the type of HCs that if they are your HC you love them, if they aren't you hate them. I am sure NE and SF fans are very pleased.
    LOL

People said the same exact thing about Rex two years ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Which Rex coached. Proves my point. Give him a roster and he'll coach it. SF roster is better.
    Not really.
    Mangini had that team 8-3 before Favre tore his bicep and continued to play him finishing 9-7.

While Rex did have to deal with coaching a rookie QB, he also had some key upgrades that Mangini did not have in Bart Scott (over Eric Barton), Jim Leonhard (over David Barrett/Abram Elam), and Braylon Edwards (over a broken down Laverneus Coles). Not to mention Shonn Greene was added to Thomas Jones providing a fresh power runner late in games.

Rex's first season ended with the same 9-7 record as Mangini's the prior year. But there were 2 main differences.

1. Rex entered at 7-7 vs 2 teams that had nothing to play for- Indy laid down the second half and Cinci didnt bother showing up at all. Had both of these teams played a full game Rex could have easily finished 7-9 or 8-8 meaning no playoffs.

2. In 2009, 9-7 was good enough to make the playoffs while the same record did not qualify the Jets in 2008 and cost Mangini his Job

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex's first season ended with the same 9-7 record as Mangini's the prior year. But there were 2 main differences.

1. Rex entered at 7-7 vs 2 teams that had nothing to play for- Indy laid down the second half and Cinci didnt bother showing up at all. Had both of these teams played a full game Rex could have easily finished 7-9 or 8-8 meaning no playoffs.

2. In 2009, 9-7 was good enough to make the playoffs while the same record did not qualify the Jets in 2008 and cost Mangini his Job
    Unfortunately, the majority of Jets fans don't want to hear the truth.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, the majority of Jets fans don't want to hear the truth.
    You still never answered my question, f*ckstick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So last years 49ers were Mike Singletary's team?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51 View Post
    So last years 49ers were Mike Singletary's team?
    Did Singletary draft Kaepernick and then bench Smith halfway through the season?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Singletary draft Kaepernick and then bench Smith halfway through the season?
    I actually, like some others, lost a bit of kudos that I had for JIm Harbaugh in that game. His team came out absolutely flat in the Super Bowl, like the Jets did in Pittsburgh, except the Niners had 2 weeks of rest.

His playcalling on that last drive in the red zone was horrible. You have a QB who can run at ease and a great running attack, and you call pass 4 times.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I actually, like some others, lost a bit of kudos that I had for JIm Harbaugh in that game. His team came out absolutely flat in the Super Bowl, like the Jets did in Pittsburgh, except the Niners had 2 weeks of rest.

His playcalling on that last drive in the red zone was horrible. You have a QB who can run at ease and a great running attack, and you call pass 4 times.
    It was definitely a bad sequence of playcalls. Kaepernick always has the option to take off and run on a passing play though, and he didn't even consider it. Hard to knock him for an overall strong game, but his decision-making on those throws left a bit to be desired.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really.
    Mangini had that team 8-3 before Favre tore his bicep and continued to play him finishing 9-7.

While Rex did have to deal with coaching a rookie QB, he also had some key upgrades that Mangini did not have in Bart Scott (over Eric Barton), Jim Leonhard (over David Barrett/Abram Elam), and Braylon Edwards (over a broken down Laverneus Coles). Not to mention Shonn Greene was added to Thomas Jones providing a fresh power runner late in games.

None of that compares to what Harbaugh has. And now everyone says those 'upgrades' are horrible. Yes, Brett Favre to Sanchez, that's comparable (even with a broken arm)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Belichick~~~~Cheater...hasn't won anything without an unfair advantage
    Sean Payton~~~~His value was confirmed by his teams poor play this season, so yes
    John Harbaugh~~~~Yes
    John Fox~~~~Those of us in Carolina know better. Not a chance in hell is he better than Jim
    Mike Tomlin~~~~Was gifted quite a roster and QB from Cowher. You give Rex no credit for an inherited team, so Tomlin too doesn't deserve any respect in your book.
    Tom Coughlin~~~~Yes.
    I rate Jim Harbaugh as 4th best HC IMO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rex would have the defense playing great and the niner offense would be abysmal. If Rex coached the niners they would not of been in the Super Bowl.
    Yes, because Rex couldn't win 11 games and go 2-1 in the postseason. Wait a second . . .

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    It was the Super Bowl. I think I can understand him being pissed about a blown call that basically cost him the game.
    Wrong. He should be pissed for several reasons - his lousy secondary, his brother out-coaching him - but this call wasn't one of 'em. You can list about 50 reasons his team lost the game before you got to the "blown call", and you'd still be wrong for saying it was a blown call. I could go on, but I won't.