Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sore Losers : Jim Harbuagh makes Belichick look civilized

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Who are the 4 coaches you feel are better?

Cheaters don't count
    Not counting Bellicheat

In no particular order:

John Harbaugh
    Jim Harbaugh
    Sean Payton
    Tom Coughlin
    Mike Tomlin
    Jeff Fischer
    Mike Smith
    John Fox
    Andy Reid

are all better than Rex

Mike Shanahan, Pete Carroll, and Marvin Lewis (no ones done more with less) are toss ups
    Mike Shanahan

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Seeing that POS lose the Super Bowl and get outcoached by his brother in the process made even Ray Lewis winning it all bearable... s... it Jimmy...
    ExACTly, well said Mo.

This game was Jim's for the winning, he lost it due to poor coaching and I don't get the love and preference over Rex for him. He obviously is a better coach than say, Mike Singletary, but his roster is awesome. Imagine what Rex would do with it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    It was the Super Bowl. I think I can understand him being pissed about a blown call that basically cost him the game.
    he should be more pissed about the three blown play-calls that cost him an opportunity to score from the 5 yards out and the Super Bowl on the line.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Who cares, he's a top 5 NFL HC.

Jets would love to have him as their HC.
    I would not!!!!

I am tired of people who have no perspective in life being touted as some kind of person we all should admire!!!

It is a joke!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Jim Harbaugh is ultra competitive. He wants to be the best and believes he is the best at everything. As a result when he loses he is devastated and acts like a douchebag.

I saw an interview once with a former Denver Bronco (forgot who) who described John Elway in the same way. Elway thought he was the best at everything, not just QB and not just football. He would literally challenge other players to see who is faster, stronger and smarter. He claimed he could beat any other player in a foot race, arm wrestling, chess etc. When he lost he took it real hard and took his teammates to task if they did not play up to par. He was a real D!ck to everyone when they lost. It is this quality that made him a great QB and respected by his teammates.

In my opinion, it is this quality that Mark Sanchez lacks and has held him back as a QB. Its not his physical ability or ability to learn, its the ultracompetitiveness...the "im better than everyone at everything and if you dont play up to standard i will tear you a new one" attitude that Mark lacks which has held him back.
    Interesting that you say that because that was the one characteristic that Tannenbaum singled out as the main reason they picked him - he said Mark would do anything it took to win, and gave as the example 'throwing the board over at chess or checkers' or something like that, this was early on in Sanchez's career and he did seem to show that quality in the beginning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Interesting that you say that because that was the one characteristic that Tannenbaum singled out as the main reason they picked him - he said Mark would do anything it took to win, and gave as the example 'throwing the board over at chess or checkers' or something like that, this was early on in Sanchez's career and he did seem to show that quality in the beginning.
    Indeed this was true and something that the Jets "coaching" and "PR" machine thought they had to move him away from!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ExACTly, well said Mo.

This game was Jim's for the winning, he lost it due to poor coaching and I don't get the love and preference over Rex for him. He obviously is a better coach than say, Mike Singletary, but his roster is awesome. Imagine what Rex would do with it.
    Rex would have the defense playing great and the niner offense would be abysmal. If Rex coached the niners they would not of been in the Super Bowl.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Indeed this was true and something that the Jets "coaching" and "PR" machine thought they had to move him away from!!!!
    If this is true, big mistake.
    But i wouldnt be surprised since Rex has always placed a premium on being the players friends

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this is true, big mistake.
    But i wouldnt be surprised since Rex has always placed a premium on being the players friends
    Well my friend it is true Rex satements of Sanchez was "reckless" in taking chances his first year, constantly telling Sanchez to "Slide" etc. Sanchez is young mentally but a macho kid. Instead of encouraging proper aggresion from Sanchez they stiffled it.

They also had the Jets PR department monitoring Sanchez's every statement. His every statement!!!

After press confrences, the Jets craker jack PR staff would immediately tell Sanchez what he should have said!!! It is insane!!! And it is one of the reasons why Sanchez didnt and doesnt get the respect of his own teamates. It was an actual example proffered up by Damion Woody of the organization "babying" Sanchez.

Now thanks to this "coaching" you have a QB in Sanchez, who looks lost before the game and sounds like a moron after the game talking about "we" lost the game instead of taking full responsibility for his BUTT FUMBLES AND HIS ATROCIOUS PLAY!!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 02-05-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares, he's a top 5 NFL HC.

Jets would love to have him as their HC.
    Pat fans too.. Those who aren't in denial and except bb loses to the underdog year after year in the playoffs.. Post spygate..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine what Rex would do with it.
    I'm sure Wrecks would have total control of the 49ers offense.

He's robably coach that team to an 8-8 regular season and miss the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    he should be more pissed about the three blown play-calls that cost him an opportunity to score from the 5 yards out and the Super Bowl on the line.
    Or he should be more pissed that his team got cubrstomped badly in the first half and were facing a 28-6 deficit.

His brother's team came out calm, cool and prepared. His team came out unready, getting dumb penalties and looking rattled.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Harbaugh did act like a child but he was screwed, with the ball on the 5yrd line and the defender all over the receiver 2-3 yards in the end zone a flag should have been thrown. What did the refs need, a ruler, well they had one.

We always see a bit of contact past 5 yards, contact that does not impede the receiver, but if the receiver was a girl she would be pregnant from that play.

In the long run and after it is all said and done, Jim Harbaugh has no one but himself to blame. Do to the fact that the second half was dominated with passing plays and the Defense for Balt had been on the field for most the half, Gore, should have been used to win the game. By that time Gore had been relatively fresh from the high flying second half, he already had about 182 yards on the ground with, I believe, no plays for Negative yardage, pounding the rock in is the obvious choice.

I think most will agree, in the long run Jim Harbaugh has only himself and OC to blame.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Wrecks would have total control of the 49ers offense.

He's robably coach that team to an 8-8 regular season and miss the playoffs.
    right, those two trips to the afc cg with much less talent never happened

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    right, those two trips to the afc cg with much less talent never happened
    Ah, like losing two AFCCG's is some sort of significant accomplishment.

Ten years from now you will still site those two games as "great Jet achievements".

Wake me up when Rex can a least win a division title.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Ten years from now you will still site those two games as "great Jet achievements".

Do you know how to read? Please practice before coming here. please stay on the argument. If he managed that his first two years why would he not have been able to coach the niners roster to past that? on what do you base your claim that he would have gone 8 and 8
    He got to those games with a worse roster. Please support your contention that he would only have gone 8 and 8 with a better roster and stop your stupid strawman of whether he lost them or not

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'd welcome either of them with open arms.

They are the type of HCs that if they are your HC you love them, if they aren't you hate them. I am sure NE and SF fans are very pleased.
    Our current coach IS an a-hole too. We loved him for it, then we decided we hated him for it, and he's gone out of his way to try to be something he isn't.

Skinny.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Harbaugh is ultra competitive. He wants to be the best and believes he is the best at everything. As a result when he loses he is devastated and acts like a douchebag.

I saw an interview once with a former Denver Bronco (forgot who) who described John Elway in the same way. Elway thought he was the best at everything, not just QB and not just football. He would literally challenge other players to see who is faster, stronger and smarter. He claimed he could beat any other player in a foot race, arm wrestling, chess etc. When he lost he took it real hard and took his teammates to task if they did not play up to par. He was a real D!ck to everyone when they lost. It is this quality that made him a great QB and respected by his teammates.

In my opinion, it is this quality that Mark Sanchez lacks and has held him back as a QB. Its not his physical ability or ability to learn, its the ultracompetitiveness...the "im better than everyone at everything and if you dont play up to standard i will tear you a new one" attitude that Mark lacks which has held him back.
    I've been thinking this as well. I was hoping Mark would grow out of the way he acts like a scolded child after a bad play - something he has done since his rookie year, but he never does. He needs to get pissed and attack. The best players in any position do that. All the best QBs have that pissed killer mentality, especially when the game is on the line. All of the best competitors are like that. You can be a gentleman, it doesn't mean being a total d!ck that everybody hates, but without that brewing anger and killer instinct, its very hard to make it to the top. Mark handles success well, but handles adversity very poorly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know how to read? Please practice before coming here. please stay on the argument. If he managed that his first two years why would he not have been able to coach the niners roster to past that? on what do you base your claim that he would have gone 8 and 8

He got to those games with a worse roster. Please support your contention that he would only have gone 8 and 8 with a better roster and stop your stupid strawman of whether he lost them or not
    Rex had the #1 defense and the #1 running game his first year. And he had absolutely nothing to do with the real reason why the Jets backed into the playoffs that year. The Colts electing to sit all their starters. Even with the #1 defense and #1 running game that year, the Jets were nothing more than a mediocre 8-8 team.