Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gronk in Vegas

Hall Of Fame

Gronk in Vegas

Anybody see that Sh.t. There are videos of this dude wrestling people with his broken arm.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-las-vegas/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhLP44kcYjY
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-05-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Gronk is starting to remind me of Jeremy Shockey (yeah, yeah, Gronk is already much better than Shockey was). Starting off your career great and then partying too much, getting injured and never fully meeting expectations. He is still young and could be a HOFer at TE, but his lifestyle would worry me if i was pats fan.

Banned
    Imagine if this guy was a Jet. Copernicus would be b!tchinnnnnnnnnnnn

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I have no problem with him acting like the young knucklehead alot of us were, but I also wouldnt fault Belichick for calling him up and giving him an ear full.

That sense of invincibility in the young is an amazing thing.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I have no problem with him acting like the young knucklehead alot of us were, but I also wouldnt fault Belichick for calling him up and giving him an ear full.

That sense of invincibility in the young is an amazing thing.

-
    On hand I agree - the dude is in his early 20s, have some fun. But, OTOH, he seems to look for every opportunity to take off his shirt in public. He needs to have at least some awareness that he is coming off as King Douche to the entire world. At least try to reign it in, somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    On hand I agree - the dude is in his early 20s, have some fun. But, OTOH, he seems to look for every opportunity to take off his shirt in public. He needs to have at least some awareness that he is coming off as King Douche to the entire world. At least try to reign it in, somewhat.
    He is coming off as a frat boy, that all. To tell you the truth, I would be acting the same way, I know because I was 10X worse at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He is coming off as a frat boy, that all. To tell you the truth, I would be acting the same way, I know because I was 10X worse at 25.
    I don't have anything against him partying. It's when the arm gets involved that it gets dicey

lol, Pats* fans.

their most important piece on offense (other than Brady) is out getting drunk in front of the cameras and body-slamming dudes with his broken arm, and all they can think of is using the "boys will be boys" defense.

Judge Snyder would be proud

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

he is coming off as King Douche to the entire world. At least try to reign it in, somewhat.
    A douche that prolly goes home with a chick on each arm after he keeps taking his shirt off. DOnt take me wrong, I'll laugh my ass off if he slips on beer and breaks his other arm, but he obviously doesnt care if anyone thinks he's a doosh.

There's a beauty in that.

lol

-

Jets Insider VIP
    He's becoming a regular on drunkathlete.com - not a place you'd want to be featured. Also kinda douchey behavior, especially since he watch the Pats loss with the owner, after they extended his contract.

If I was Krafty I would view this as a slap in the face. Stupid Polak.

All League
    Charter JI Member

He was on the radio the other day and said that he doesn't drink anymore. Apparently, those photos are of him holding water?!?!?

My problem is that he'll get a pass for behavior like this by the national media…… Whereas if were on the Jets World War III would be breaking out right now.

Circus?

Veteran
    And you were an basement dwelling, hairy troll. Or, at the very least, not being paid millions of dollars based solely on your ability to pay football with little to no backup plan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post

My problem is that he'll get a pass for behavior like this by the national media…… Whereas if were on the Jets World War III would be breaking out right now.

Circus?
    Because when he is on the field, Gronk produces bigtime.

He doesn't just talk about it, he actually does it on the field.

That's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't have anything against him partying. It's when the arm gets involved that it gets dicey
    Do you see the size of the cast he has on?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

That's the difference.
    Yes, but if can't stay on the field he doesn't help him all that much.

Even you must see, body slamming people with your broken isn't a good idea.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Yes, but if can't stay on the field he doesn't help him all that much.

Even you must see, body slamming people with your broken isn't a good idea.
    Let's just say Gronk is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Problem is, he's no longer a frat boy. He's in the public eye. He's not representing his fraternity, he's representing the Patriots. I don't have a major issue with anything he does, but he doesn't have the freedom to do what an ordinary 24 yr old does. At least not without getting ridiculed on TMZ.

But he's not beating women, crashing cars or committing other transgressions that we see, so I can't kill him for it. Still, I suspect someone will sit him down and tell him to be a bit smarter....at least about taking your shirt off in public. That pretty much guarantees you're going to get videotaped.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

That's the difference.
    Acting like a complete drunken a**hole with a twice broken arm for all to see....such a dumb meathead, have you ever heard him speak??

Glasskowski on the field in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    And you were an basement dwelling, hairy troll. Or, at the very least, not being paid millions of dollars based solely on your ability to pay football with little to no backup plan.
    The guy just signed a contract that pretty much guarantees him 16 mill over the next 3 seasons, he just pocketed 10 this year and is scheduled to get 12 more over the next 3 years. I don't think he should be worried about it. It is not like he is buying lamborginis and houses. The kid comes from a solid upper middle class family. Two of his brothers are nfl players and he has his degree. With his personality, this is a guy made for the media once he hangs it up. Your not hearing about him at the tables, just on the dance floor.

And how id you guess I had long hair when i was 25?