Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gronk in Vegas

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetitude View Post
    I mean does this guy have a life?

He's in every thread smothering any Jets fan that posts anything supportive about his team
    No it's probably a very sad existence for this guy. I did the math before and at 3 minutes per post, he's spent ~110 days non-stop on this website. I even said to him if he needed to talk to someone, I'd try to help.
    I don't quite get it why so many here try to play buddy-buddy with him so much.
    Would anyone actually want to be friends with someone like this outside of a message board?

Oh yeah, since he proabbly gets his jollies when he derails a thread,

Gronk's an idiot.
    Please continue the discussion.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    No it's probably a very sad existence for this guy. I did the math before and at 3 minutes per post, he's spent ~110 days non-stop on this website. I even said to him if he needed to talk to someone, I'd try to help.
    Would anyone actually want to be friends with someone like this outside of a message board?

Gronk's an idiot.
    I could use a friend.

will you talk to me?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I could use a friend.

will you talk to me?
    45k posts, I'm sure you could use a friend
    But I'd love to talk to you Guy!

You know as I lurked on this website for years, of all the trolls, I've always thought you were by far the most tolerable. You provide some good comic relief through self-hating that our chosen friends have mastered the art of.
    The other guy is just a d*ck.

So what do you want to talk about Guy?

Gronkowski?

Yeah he's a schmuck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Gronk's an idiot.
    Have you read any of TX's posts? You think he spends three minutes on them?

As a Pats fan my biggest concern is his style of play that lends himself to injury. They just shelled out a ton of money to this guy in good faith that he'll put up some pretty monster numbers for the next several years, and you can't do that on the sideline. He claims this new forearm injury was a "freak" accident, but I'd like to see a full, healthy year of Gronk come next season, otherwise I'm going to worry about the investment. Health is a skill, no matter how all-world you are on the field. And it's not even a body breakdown issue, it's simply the way he plays, so I believe it could be correctable (although asking Gronk to not land on his head in the endzone is probably easier said than done).
    Last edited by ASG0531; 02-05-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Have you read any of TX's posts? You think he spends three minutes on them?
    No I don't, but my estimated time factors in the time it takes to read through threads.

My rough estimate of ~110 days is low balling it by some disturbingly large margin. The guy is probably on the order of years, not days spent on JI.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I don't, but my estimated time factors in the time it takes to read through threads.

My rough estimate of ~110 days is low balling it by some disturbingly large margin. The guy is probably on the order of years, not days spent on JI.
    True, but these estimations always sound more dramatic than they are. Add up all of the time we spend in our lives taking a dump, etc. I'm not really trying to defend TX, but anyone could log in and post 50K posts without it taking up as much time as people think. He does have devotion, though, I'll give him that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    when you are made out of steroids you break easily, he wont last long

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't care less. He's living the dream and is enjoying every minute of it. Good for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do we always use age to use as an excuse? Gronk is a VETERAN and not some 1st year player.....bottom line is he can act anyway he choose to in the off season....it's who he is. The man has not broken any rules and the Patriots have no off season clause on him.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I have no problem with him acting like the young knucklehead alot of us were, but I also wouldnt fault Belichick for calling him up and giving him an ear full.

That sense of invincibility in the young is an amazing thing.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Gronk's an idiot.
    It's astonishing how that jerk continues to troll this board, and is allowed to do it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Why do we always use age to use as an excuse? Gronk is a VETERAN and not some 1st year player.....bottom line is he can act anyway he choose to in the off season....it's who he is. The man has not broken any rules and the Patriots have no off season clause on him.
    If Gronk is a veteran than what is Sanchez? Sanchez is entering his supposed prime and his third offensive system, "but we don't know what we have in Sanchez just yet, give him a chance."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Gronk is a veteran than what is Sanchez? Sanchez is entering his supposed prime and his third offensive system, "but we don't know what we have in Sanchez just yet, give him a chance."
    *****, trying to bring Sanchez into this... Has nothing to do with him... Any NFL player on their 2nd contract is clearly a veteran...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Couldn't care less. He's living the dream and is enjoying every minute of it. Good for him.
    In both the video of him dancing after their Super Bowl loss, and now this one in Vegas, he's dancing with other guys with his shirt off...completely "gooning out"...he's a d**sh. Anyone here who's been out to clubs, etc should know that. He has ridiculous talent, and is now a wealthy young man...but he's a d**sh and those videos prove it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    In both the video of him dancing after their Super Bowl loss, and now this one in Vegas, he's dancing with other guys with his shirt off...completely "gooning out"...he's a d**sh. Anyone here who's been out to clubs, etc should know that. He has ridiculous talent, and is now a wealthy young man...but he's a d**sh and those videos prove it.
    Who the **** cares? It's not you or anyone that you know, so why do you give a ****?

I hate the Pasts as much as anyone, but this is just trying way too hard to find a story. Wow, a 20 something year old is dancing in a club. WHOA, THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF EVER.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Who the **** cares? It's not you or anyone that you know, so why do you give a ****?

I hate the Pasts as much as anyone, but this is just trying way too hard to find a story. Wow, a 20 something year old is dancing in a club. WHOA, THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF EVER.
    It's the offseason, nothing else going in, someone started the thread, and i opined....just like you. Gronk was hurt and could barely run in the super bowl last year..in fact he was a useless piece of sh*t as evidenced by his not being able to catch Bradys long pass late in the game, or for that matter prevent the interception...did u see the video of him and Mankins partying after that game? I'm 42 and settled down w a family now, but I worked at numerous clubs in the Hamptons while in college....without question Gronk is a mouth breathing meathead, not just a 20 yr old kid partying. I bet he's got zero game with real girls...and he's a Patriot which means eff him anyway.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    *****, trying to bring Sanchez into this... Has nothing to do with him... Any NFL player on their 2nd contract is clearly a veteran...
    Just interesting that people are so willing to throw around the "V-word" at Gronk but Sanchez is somehow still a "young, developing player." He's on his second contract, too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    It's the offseason, nothing else going in, someone started the thread, and i opined....just like you. Gronk was hurt and could barely run in the super bowl last year..in fact he was a useless piece of sh*t as evidenced by his not being able to catch Bradys long pass late in the game, or for that matter prevent the interception...did u see the video of him and Mankins partying after that game? I'm 42 and settled down w a family now, but I worked at numerous clubs in the Hamptons while in college....without question Gronk is a mouth breathing meathead, not just a 20 yr old kid partying. I bet he's got zero game with real girls...and he's a Patriot which means eff him anyway.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Easy question... would a broken arm stop you from going to Vegas?
    no. But my point is he doesn't need to be horsing around -- who cares if it was not full contact -- on an injury that just kept him out of his team's most important game of the season. An injury that he already aggravated once.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What did Shockey do outside the team environment that you are referring to?
    being rushed to the hospital after passing out at the Vegas pool. dehydration only, they say. Of course dehydration when you're slugging down booze in the crazy heat. It's ok to have a water here and there, even newbie drinkers know that. Stupid.

... I understand Gronk is the best TE in the world and he's in his 20s living the dream. That's great, zero problems getting out and throwing back a few.

But my thing is with the injuries. You don't play in big games, you don't need to be caught on camera hours/days later dancing on your injured leg or tackling -- no matter half speed/staged or not -- people with your broken arm that you've already re-injured. That's all. I doubt Kraft, Belichick and Brady are going to say, "keep living it up, Gronk!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    no. But my point is he doesn't need to be horsing around -- who cares if it was not full contact -- on an injury that just kept him out of his team's most important game of the season. An injury that he already aggravated once.

being rushed to the hospital after passing out at the Vegas pool. dehydration only, they say. Of course dehydration when you're slugging down booze in the crazy heat. It's ok to have a water here and there, even newbie drinkers know that. Stupid.

... I understand Gronk is the best TE in the world and he's in his 20s living the dream. That's great, zero problems getting out and throwing back a few.

But my thing is with the injuries. You don't play in big games, you don't need to be caught on camera hours/days later dancing on your injured leg or tackling -- no matter half speed/staged or not -- people with your broken arm that you've already re-injured. That's all. I doubt Kraft, Belichick and Brady are going to say, "keep living it up, Gronk!"
    No kraft, BB and Brady would all like him studying film. But it is not going to happen, the kid is who he is. He is 23 YO and a millionaire, while what he is doing may not be the best PR, again he is 23 what do 23YO think about PR.
    As long as he does not get arrested, being a 23YO frat boy is not the worse thing in the world.

My son goes to Brown, and the next dorm over is grad housing, you should see those 23 YO, and their supposed to be the some of the "best and brightest"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just interesting that people are so willing to throw around the "V-word" at Gronk but Sanchez is somehow still a "young, developing player." He's on his second contract, too.
    Actually he isn't, he's still on his first contract, the first contract was extended and the extension doesn't take place until after this year.

But I love how every time a Patriot is flogged by the media the pat trolls immediately try to dump on a Jet. If this were Sanchez, you would be raking him through the coals.