Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gronk in Vegas

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Who cares what he does off the field?

There is a certain amount of professional responsibility that he needs to have, but after that it's just that. He's allowed to have a personal life without violating the terms of his contract and the NFL personal conduct policy.

Braylon Edwards got a DUI, and was benched for a quarter. By comparison Gronk has done nothing to warrant any kind of negative attention.

Shaun Ellis was arrested for marijuana. That went away quickly.

Sanchez with an underage girl.

Gronk looks like an idiot in that video, but hey, he's an idiot millionaire with a bunch of hot girls chasing after him (in his early 20's).

If he wants to be taken seriously off the field, he should act accordingly, but for now he's only taken seriously on the field, which is where it matters most, IMO.
    I don't care if Gronk parties and humps bikini models. I do care that he uses some common sense and not play Hulk Hogan with a twice broken arm just out of surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Who cares what he does off the field?

There is a certain amount of professional responsibility that he needs to have, but after that it's just that. He's allowed to have a personal life without violating the terms of his contract and the NFL personal conduct policy.

Braylon Edwards got a DUI, and was benched for a quarter. By comparison Gronk has done nothing to warrant any kind of negative attention.

Shaun Ellis was arrested for marijuana. That went away quickly.

Sanchez with an underage girl.

Gronk looks like an idiot in that video, but hey, he's an idiot millionaire with a bunch of hot girls chasing after him (in his early 20's).

If he wants to be taken seriously off the field, he should act accordingly, but for now he's only taken seriously on the field, which is where it matters most, IMO.
    I personally don't care, he's a kid, a dumb one at that, but a hell of a talent.

I hope he parties himself into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The intention of his post doesn't change the fact that it was a decent comparison between Gronk and Sanchez. Both of them could work harder and party less.
    Sanchez' issue isn't with partying, his issues right now is with his confidence on the field, and a justfiable mention with the talent around him. Working hard is also not a problem.

Working hard isn't Gronk's issue either, it's his off-the-field TMZ stuff that has opened himself up to the wrong kind of attention.

His intent was to highlight both players are young, and are still maturing as people and as football players, Gronk is obviously ahead of the game on the field, which I would agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I don't care if Gronk parties and humps bikini models. I do care that he uses some common sense and not play Hulk Hogan with a twice broken arm just out of surgery.
    Hey, if he does irreparable damage because he's a doofus, that's on him. No $ for Gronk, and then the Pats would only have 1 super TE.

I'm sure nobody would feel sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Sanchez' issue isn't with partying, his issues right now is with his confidence on the field, and a justfiable mention with the talent around him. Working hard is also not a problem.

Working hard isn't Gronk's issue either, it's his off-the-field TMZ stuff that has opened himself up to the wrong kind of attention.

His intent was to highlight both players are young, and are still maturing as people and as football players, Gronk is obviously ahead of the game on the field, which I would agree with.
    This is correct. There was no commentary on Sanchez' off-field activities, just pointing out the hypocritical idea of calling Gronk a "veteran" who somehow should have already come into his own by now, while so many on this board talk about Sanchez as if he's still a rookie on the field, despite being 3 1/2 years older than Gronk.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 02-06-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Banned
    Yes, actually, there is.

The contract Gronk received was a new multi-million dollar deal that pays him at the top of the league for his position, and if I recall, the contract he did receive was one of the highest in history for his position, and was given with every intention of keeping him long term throughout the contract.

Sanchez' contract was given to him as a cap move, with the intent to pay him long term at a discount if he continued to progress, but the team built an "out" in his contract after this year, but essentially pushed forward the cap number he would have counted against the cap last year to this coming year.

You're welcome.
    So? I don't remember you having a problem with Butt Fumble going around screwing 17 yr old girls when he got a contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    So? I don't remember you having a problem with Butt Fumble going around screwing 17 yr old girls when he got a contract extension.
    They were just "friends". Show me PROOF he was schtupping her. I blame the media.

Pretty sure 17 is legal in NY.

Yes, actually, there is.

The contract Gronk received was a new multi-million dollar deal that pays him at the top of the league for his position, and if I recall, the contract he did receive was one of the highest in history for his position, and was given with every intention of keeping him long term throughout the contract.

Sanchez' contract was given to him as a cap move, with the intent to pay him long term at a discount if he continued to progress, but the team built an "out" in his contract after this year, but essentially pushed forward the cap number he would have counted against the cap last year to this coming year.

You're welcome.
    All Gronks deal was a 8mill bonus and adding two years at under 4 mill each year. That is it. The deal also give the pats an option to extend it in 2017 for 4 more years at around 8 per including cap hit. The deal gives the pats his rights till he is 31,but allows them an out in 2017

And where is the evidence this actually happened?

Banned
    And where is the evidence this actually happened?
    Mark Sanchez Bangs 17 Year-Old Daughter Of Greenwich Capital Founder

As you may have heard, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has a 17 year-old lady friend. Her name is Eliza Kruger (pictured) and she’s a high school student in Greenwich who he met at nightclub Lavo on New Year’s Eve.

Liking what he saw, Sanchez gave her tickets to the January 2 Jets/Bills game and then, a week later, took her dinner at Nobu and back to his house in New Jersey where they “hooked up” (she posted pictures to Facebook of a bed with rumbled sheets afterward, natch). For those of you wondering if Sanchez was wading into statutory rape category- he wasn’t. Eliza looked up the age of consent in New Jersey and it’s 16, so everything was cool. Or at least it should have been but sometimes people get bent out of shape when a 24 year-old has relations with a girl who was 11 when he was 18.

What also made things awkward was that Eliza seems to have just been in it for the sex but Sanchez wanted more! He would text her at all hours of the night, like at 2am on a Wednesday to “hang out” and she respond, “Um, I have school tomorrow.” He was contacting her as recently as January 24, seeing if she wanted to chill after the Jets lost the AFC Championship Game and people, like Eliza’s father, started to be all, “leave her alone, stalker.”

http://dealbreaker.com/2011/02/mark-...ey-management/

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

As you may have heard, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has a 17 year-old lady friend. Her name is Eliza Kruger (pictured) and she’s a high school student in Greenwich who he met at nightclub Lavo on New Year’s Eve.

Liking what he saw, Sanchez gave her tickets to the January 2 Jets/Bills game and then, a week later, took her dinner at Nobu and back to his house in New Jersey where they “hooked up” (she posted pictures to Facebook of a bed with rumbled sheets afterward, natch). For those of you wondering if Sanchez was wading into statutory rape category- he wasn’t. Eliza looked up the age of consent in New Jersey and it’s 16, so everything was cool. Or at least it should have been but sometimes people get bent out of shape when a 24 year-old has relations with a girl who was 11 when he was 18.

What also made things awkward was that Eliza seems to have just been in it for the sex but Sanchez wanted more! He would text her at all hours of the night, like at 2am on a Wednesday to “hang out” and she respond, “Um, I have school tomorrow.” He was contacting her as recently as January 24, seeing if she wanted to chill after the Jets lost the AFC Championship Game and people, like Eliza’s father, started to be all, “leave her alone, stalker.”

Tex, there is no question that Sanchez is a creepy dude....hopefully he'll be doing it somewhere else next year

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Let's just say Gronk is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    I heard that too. "Gronk" is the perfect name....reminds me of someone else.....

Whacky as hell but one helluva football player.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®

Did I miss the Jets being in this past AFC championship game? Something's not right here.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Tex, there is no question that Sanchez is a creepy dude....hopefully he'll be doing it somewhere else next year
    Apple doesn't fall far from the tree............

Sanchez's teen gal pal partied with mom
    By REBECCA ROSENBERG in Greenwich, Conn., and EMILY SMITH and DAN MANGAN in NY
    Last Updated: 12:35 PM, February 10, 2011
    Posted: 12:57 AM, February 10, 2011

Like mother, like daughter.

The rich, preppy Connecticut mom of 17-year-old Eliza Kruger -- who said she "hooked up" with star Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez after meeting him at a Manhattan nightclub -- "likes to party" on occasion with her sexy daughter, sources said yes terday.

"Eliza has been going to clubs since she was 15, sometimes with her mom," blond Greenwich divorcée Marie McCormick Kruger, a night life source told The Post.

"A lot of the club guys in the city know her mom well," the source said.

IN THE HOOD: Eliza Kruger, 17, who dated Mark Sanchez, bundles up yesterday.

Eliza said she "hooked up" with Sanchez, 24, at his New Jersey home several days after meeting him on New Year's Eve at the Manhattan nightclub Lavo, according to Deadspin.com, which did not identify her by name.

The website also posted photos of a mussed-up bed and rooms featuring football-related memorabilia that the Greenwich HS senior reportedly offered as "proof" of her get-together with the hunky Sanchez. And they quoted Eliza as saying that Sanchez, after that tryst, sometimes sent her text messages as late as 2 a.m. asking her if she was out, even on school nights.

In downtown Old Greenwich yesterday, Eliza told The Post, "I really have nothing to say, I can't talk about it," when asked about her rendezvous with Sanchez. She looked ready to cry when asked if she regretted talking to Deadspin.

Her dad is multimillionaire Greenwich financier Konrad "Chip" Kruger. He and Marie had four kids together, including Eliza, before divorcing in 2006 after years of marital turmoil.

According to their divorce decision, which found neither party at fault, Marie Kruger in the mid-1990s flirted with and "kissed one or two times" a "gentle man" she had met at a local watering hole. In July 2005, the decision said, Chip Kruger "learned that she had slept with her rowing coach" while the Krugers were attempting a reconciliation.

The court found that both parties contributed to difficulties, including a two-year affair by Chip Kruger.

Marie Kruger said, "No comment," when a reporter tried to ask about the mother-daughter club hopping.

The nightlife source also told The Post that Eliza "recently has been hanging out with a promoter who works with a lot of the clubs, and who introduced her to Mark."

"But even he thought she was 18," the source said. "She looks a lot older when she's all dressed up for a night out."

A second club-land source said that when "Eliza met Mark on New Year's Eve, he was actually out with a girlfriend at the time. But he managed to get her number anyway."

Several sources said that weeks ago, Eliza was turned away from the door of Juliet Supper Club in Chelsea.

Sanchez and several Jets were partying at Juliet on Jan. 24, hours after losing the AFC Championship in Pittsburgh, but it was not clear if that was the night of Eliza's aborted visit.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/j...VKGThZYAhfNPTN

OOoooo Momma ain't bad!

You thinking what I'm thinkin?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    You thinking what I'm thinkin?
    But RahRah said Sanchez was never banging a 17-year old.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Pretty sure 17 is legal in NY.

Does it have to be illegal to be creepy?

The "reverse age test" usually works and certainly does here. What I mean is, when HE was 17, she was 10.

So, Sanchez is a bad guy and creep for banging a 17 year old, yet these Pasts goons make no mention of Gronkowski banging some 16 year old? Blatant bias is blatant. Try again, pal.

Not all Pasts fans are douchebags. Unfortunately, jagoffs like Guido & Texarkana make their fanbase look bad.
    Last edited by McGinley; 02-07-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez also got arrested in college for an incident involving a woman. No charges were ever filed.

But while we are at it, Tammy was pretty much a doosh with the mother of his first child. Leaving her while pregnant.

I agree that Gronk needs to tone it down but that's for his own protection.

For the crowd that's shocked by this, I guess you must have been really shocked by some guy named "Joe Namath" then. Is what he's doing any worse than what Joe was doing? Joe would be out the night before a game getting drunk and banging broads.