Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gronk in Vegas

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Look, you might consider this trolling, I am sorry. But i don't know any other fanbase in any sport that is so concerned about what a bunch of muck raking media think. How the hell does a 25 yo guy dancing with his shirt off in Vegas
    is anything a newspaper should be concerned with. I did not even know until it was said in this thread that there was something in the paper about it.

I understand the media with the story when Sanchez had a date with that 16 YO, but that is it. You know that is bad judgement, or if he was in a strip club in providence that is mobbed up, the rest they should just leave to you tube where it belongs.
    If you want to say its not a big deal, fine....I mostly agree with you. But don't put it on Jet fans as making a big deal about it. It was on Sports Center the past two days and I think, if I'm not mistaken, the Today Show.

This is a pretty tame thread about it and mostly good natured, in fact. Think about what happens when Tom Brady is caught wearing Uggs....

Let's see, Gronk was already told by Patriots to watch his off field activities. He is then rewarded with a 6 year deal. Now he goes out in Vegas and does some stupid wrestling move with his broken forearm while obviously drunk. Maybe he'll think before he goes dancing on another injury for the third time.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Who cares...he's a 20 something kid having a ball. He just signed a multi-million dollar deal...chicks love him. he's living the life most of us would die for

He's about the only Pat that's real
    i agree on all of the above posted.

the double standard from Jets fans is pathetically hilarious.

if Gronk was a Jet, half of this board would be roasting him and calling for him to get cut. but because he's not a Jet, you say you don't care what he does off the field and that we'd be lucky to have him.

keep firing, azzholes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

if Gronk was a Jet, half of this board would be roasting him and calling for him to get cut. but because he's not a Jet, you say you don't care what he does off the field and that we'd be lucky to have him.

keep firing, azzholes!!
    gronk gets the job done on the field. i dont think theres another te like him in the nfl.

gronk likes to party so what. has he been arrested for dui or drugs or partying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    gronk gets the job done on the field. i dont think theres another te like him in the nfl.

gronk likes to party so what. has he been arrested for dui or drugs or partying too hard.
    i'm not disagreeing with you.

i just think that A LOT of Jets fans would have a problem with their star TE being caught on camera visibly drunk and wrestling his buddies while "recovering" from a broken arm.

Banned

i just think that A LOT of Jets fans would have a problem with their star TE being caught on camera visibly drunk and wrestling his buddies while "recovering" from a broken arm.

If the Jets had a playmaking TE putting up 90 receptions, 1,500 yards and 14 TD's, Jets fans would not care if he beat baby seals to death, let alone having a little fun in Vegas.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If the Jets had a playmaking TE putting up 90 receptions, 1,500 yards and 14 TD's, Jets fans would not care if he beat baby seals to death, let alone having a little fun in Vegas.
    This couldn't be further from the truth. Jets fans hate most of their players good or bad.

you know this isn't true.

After hurting his ankle in the Super Bowl, Gronk was out dancing all night despite not being able to finish the game.

He was out drunk wrestling around with a TWICE-broken forearm which held him out of this year's AFCCG.

He was warned before about keeping his off field activities under control. He was then given a new 6-year deal. He then decided to get hammered and wrestle around on an injury which again held him out of games. And he knows people are going to film that sht and put it online. Sounds like a bright and respectful guy.

This guy does dumber sht than Shockey

Undrafted Free Agent
    Work hard party harder.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    After hurting his ankle in the Super Bowl, Gronk was out dancing all night despite not being able to finish the game.

He was out drunk wrestling around with a TWICE-broken forearm which held him out of this year's AFCCG.

He was warned before about keeping his off field activities under control. He was then given a new 6-year deal. He then decided to get hammered and wrestle around on an injury which again held him out of games. And he knows people are going to film that sht and put it online. Sounds like a bright and respectful guy.

Both of these episodes happened when the season is over. And no, he is not a very "bright" guy. he is a nfl TE and a very good one. The next game is 5 months from now and his is wearing his removable cast. If he wasn't wearing the cast and he was out horsing around I would be disappointed. As long as he only takes it off in the pool, i don't care.

edit, he was told july 16th last year, one week before camp to tone it down, but that is understandable, with one week to go.
    The only thing he was spoken to about was his behavior when the patriot or nfl trademarks are shown. No more strippers with jerseys. Teams can not warn players about legal behavior during the off season.
    Last edited by patman; 02-05-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

i'm not disagreeing with you.

I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way I feel now - its not a really big deal but he looks like a doof. But, its certainly better than wrapping your car around a telephone pole after drinking.

Easy question... would a broken arm stop you from going to Vegas?

What did Shockey do outside the team environment that you are referring to?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    This couldn't be further from the truth. Jets fans hate most of their players good or bad.
    Lol yup.

This guy is a jackass, but he's money on Sunday (when healthy) and he isn't getting arrested.

He's gonna party, bang skanks and run around without a shirt. And that's not hurting anyone. It's a non story IMO.

Most of us were doing the same sh!t. I can't imagine what sort of videos would be floating around of me if everyone on earth had a video camera phone 10 years ago. Add a few million to the bank account and that's real trouble.

He's not doing anything wrong, other than looking like a doche which he apparently has no problem with.

51,000 posts on a Jets fan site and you still have no clue.

I don't wish harm on anyone, but if he got hurt doing a move from a fake sport (IIRC that was a DDT a la Jake the Snake Roberts), I might piss my pants.
    What a stunod.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Gronk is starting to remind me of Jeremy Shockey (yeah, yeah, Gronk is already much better than Shockey was). Starting off your career great and then partying too much, getting injured and never fully meeting expectations. He is still young and could be a HOFer at TE, but his lifestyle would worry me if i was pats fan.
    Drink up Gronk! Drink up and party. Party and party some more. Smoke some weed. Hoover up some rails. Pop some pain pills. Snort a little more candy. The more Gronk parties the deeper he gets in and the shorter his career will be. Maybe a suspension. Maybe he loses a step. Any little minute backslide for Gronk is a minute step forward for the Jets. The Pats are a big road block in our way and a less effective Gronk can only help the Jets.

keep firing, azzholes!!
    Pretty much spot on

If Gronk was a Jet, Pats fan would be trolling the board about it. But since he's a Patriot, all the apologists are defending him.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    51,000 posts on a Jets fan site and you still have no clue.

I don't wish harm on anyone, but if he got hurt doing a move from a fake sport (IIRC that was a DDT a la Jake the Snake Roberts), I might piss my pants.
    What a stunod.
    I mean does this guy have a life?

He's in every thread smothering any Jets fan that posts anything supportive about his team