Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Nassib- #1 Overall Player????

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE
    Great article breaking down QB R.Nassib (Not by me) that points out one reason I believe he can be a frontline NFL QB http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/02/28/boiler-room-syracuse-qb-ryan-nassib/
    Good post, thanks

With more to analyze, I think he has the chance to develop more arm strength, but how much? If he doesn’t, I think he’s an effective but limited candidate to start for an NFL team as a journeyman who is a better fit as a backup. If he develops some arm strength to hit passes 35-45 yards down field he can become a productive, long-term starting quarterback in a system that has great talent and scheme to put a defense on its heels so Nassib is in control to pick his spots on deep passes. If he significantly improves his arm strength, he could be a special player.

So if everything goes right for this kid, he can be another Sanchez?

Regarding the 2nd bolded part, He’s already built like Tebow, so how much stronger can he realistically get.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Is there some reason why the OLBer/ DE from Texas A&M (Moore) is not listed.
    Because he is undersized, weak, slow and he sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE
    Great article breaking down QB R.Nassib (Not by me) that points out one reason I believe he can be a frontline NFL QB http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/02/28/boiler-room-syracuse-qb-ryan-nassib/
    frontline?

Is this the new code speak for "elite"?

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    He has Moore, Mingo and Jarvis Jones below all the guys on this list.

Certainly goes against the grain.
    Very queer...

Jets Insider VIP
    These draft grade rankings are very weird.

@TonyPauline: Ryan Nassib will be dining/meeting with Marty Mornhinweg and the New York Jets tonight.

Tony said Marty & company were at his workout today and loved his passing.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-07-2013 at 05:28 PM.

All Pro
    Smart play. Inspire BUF or whomever to take him early, or trade up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Smart play. Inspire BUF or whomever to take him early, or trade up.
    That's got to be a high likelihood... I hope at least... The dude reminds me of Brady Quinn... Let Buffalo over draft him... Please.

When asked to compare Nassib to a current NFL QB, Tanny said he is most like Matt Moore.

Hall Of Fame
    I've seen more of of Nassib over the past 4 years then I've seen of any other college QB in college today--actually probably more than all others combined.

As a Syracuse alum, I'd be thrilled to have him--would love to see him lead the Jets to multiple SBs.

However, as a Jet fan and an objective observer, I'm not sure he's ever going to be an elite QB in this league and I don't want to draft him. Again, if we did, I'd be his biggest fan, but I'm really hoping we don't.

He has a pretty powerful arm but has no touch--he'll throw it as hard to a guy running a 3 yard curl as he would to a guy 20 yards down field. He seems to be pretty accurate short to mid-range which I like and he's VERY tough--he gets blasted and gets right up and will stand in the pocket on the very next play and get blasted again. He's pretty athletic and while not a running QB, he's pretty mobile and throws well on the run.

He's also only about 6'-2", ideally my next Jet QB will be 6'-4".

_

Evaluating Ryan Nassib
    Published: March 7, 2013 at 07:20 p.m

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...luating-Nassib

All League
    Kinda has a Cutler type release...

To me he is not even a 1st rd pick. He has tools but I don't see those 1st rd tools on display in games. I know Mayock loves him too. It is like he can do it, but I don't see him doing it enough to be a 1st. Now I only seen him play two games also.