Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Ryan Nassib- #1 Overall Player????

  1. #1

    Ryan Nassib- #1 Overall Player????

    Am I missing something here? I like Nassib and he MAY ultimately be the best QB in this draft, but best overall player?

    Ex-NFL Scout Russ Lande ranks Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib as the top overall player on his updated big board.
    Nassib and FSU's Bjoern Werner were both given the top overall grades, but Nassib is listed ahead of the defensive end. In terms of quarterbacks, Nassib is followed by Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon, and finally Geno Smith

    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ersion-50.html

    NAME POS SCHOOL HT WT SPD GRADE

    RYAN NASSIB QB SYRACUSE 6020 228 5.05 I 8.60

    BJOERN WERNER* DE FLORIDA STATE 6050 255 4.60 D 8.60

    STAR LOTULELEI DT UTAH 6030 320 5.05 I 8.40

    LUKE JOECKEL* OT TEXAS A&M 6060 310 5.20 I 8.40

    CHANCE WARMACK OG ALABAMA 6023 325 5.35 I 8.40

    KEENAN ALLEN* WR CALIFORNIA 6030 210 4.40 I 8.30

    KENNY VACCARO SAF TEXAS 6004 210 4.50 I 8.30

    SHELDON RICHARDSON DT MISSOURI 6027 290 4.95 I 8.20

    DION JORDAN DE / OLB OREGON 6061 239 4.65 I 8.20

    DEE MILLINER* CB ALABAMA 6010 199 4.50 I 8.20

    JESSIE WILLIAMS DT / NT ALABAMA 6035 335 4.92 I 8.20

    ALEC OGLETREE ILB GEORGIA 6030 232 4.60 I 8.10

    ERIC FISHER OT CENTRAL MICHIGAN 6071 297 5.40 I 8.00

    QUINTON PATTON WR LOUISIANA TECH 6020 195 4.45 I 8.00

    JONATHAN COOPER OG NORTH CAROLINA 6030 320 5.15 I 8.00

    ZACH ERTZ* TE STANFORD 6060 252 4.65 I 8.00

    EZEKIAL ANSAH DE BRIGHAM YOUNG 6060 270 4.65 I 8.00

    JONATHAN HANKINS* DT OHIO STATE 6030 322 5.30 I 8.00

    LANE JOHNSON OT OKLAHOMA 6060 305 5.30 I 8.00

    TAVON AUSTIN WR WEST VIRGINIA 5083 173 4.40 G 7.90

    CORDELLE PATTERSON* WR TENNESSEE 6030 205 4.50 M 7.90

    SAM MONTGOMERY* DE/OLB LSU 6050 260 4.70 I 7.90

    JONATHAN BANKS CB MISSISSIPPI STATE 6021 185 4.50 J 7.90

    ROBERT WOODS* WR USC 6010 190 4.55 I 7.90

    TYLER EIFERT TE NOTRE DAME 6060 250 4.70 I 7.90

    COREY LEMONIER* DE / OLB AUBURN 6040 246 4.65 I 7.90

    GEOVANI BERNARD* RB NORTH CAROLINA 5100 205 4.50 I 7.90

    SHARIF FLOYD* DT FLORIDA 6030 303 4.95 I 7.90

    DATONE JONES DE UCLA 6050 280 4.80 E 7.90

    VANCE MCDONALD TE RICE 6041 262 4.75 I 7.90

    MANTI TE'O ILB NOTRE DAME 6010 248 4.80 I 7.90

    ODAY ABOUSHI OT VIRGINIA 6051 315 5.25 I 7.90

    JAMES "TYLER" WILSON QB ARKANSAS 6016 210 4.94 I 7.80

    TERRANCE WILLIAMS WR BAYLOR 6023 201 4.50 I 7.80

    D.J. FLUKER* OT ALABAMA 6060 335 5.40 I 7.70

    KAWANN SHORT DT PURDUE 6031 325 5.05 I 7.70

    MATTHEW BARKLEY QB USC 6017 228 4.90 I 7.70

    EDDIE LACY* RB ALABAMA 6000 220 4.55 I 7.70

    KEVIN MINTER ILB LSU 6020 245 4.80 I 7.70

    ARTHUR BROWN ILB KANSAS STATE 6004 224 4.66 G 7.70

    BRANDON JENKINS DE / OLB FLORIDA STATE 6030 257 4.70 I 7.70

    DEANDRE HOPKINS* WR CLEMSON 6010 200 4.50 I 7.60

    MICHAEL GLENNON QB NORTH CAROLINA STATE 6072 225 5.10 I 7.60

    EUGENE "GENO" SMITH QB WEST VIRGINIA 6026 208 4.95 I 7.60

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Am I missing something here? I like Nassib and he MAY ultimately be the best QB in this draft, but best overall player?

    Ex-NFL Scout Russ Lande ranks Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib as the top overall player on his updated big board.
    Nassib and FSU's Bjoern Werner were both given the top overall grades, but Nassib is listed ahead of the defensive end. In terms of quarterbacks, Nassib is followed by Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon, and finally Geno Smith

    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ersion-50.html

    NAME POS SCHOOL HT WT SPD GRADE

    RYAN NASSIB QB SYRACUSE 6020 228 5.05 I 8.60

    BJOERN WERNER* DE FLORIDA STATE 6050 255 4.60 D 8.60

    STAR LOTULELEI DT UTAH 6030 320 5.05 I 8.40

    LUKE JOECKEL* OT TEXAS A&M 6060 310 5.20 I 8.40

    CHANCE WARMACK OG ALABAMA 6023 325 5.35 I 8.40

    KEENAN ALLEN* WR CALIFORNIA 6030 210 4.40 I 8.30

    KENNY VACCARO SAF TEXAS 6004 210 4.50 I 8.30

    SHELDON RICHARDSON DT MISSOURI 6027 290 4.95 I 8.20

    DION JORDAN DE / OLB OREGON 6061 239 4.65 I 8.20

    DEE MILLINER* CB ALABAMA 6010 199 4.50 I 8.20

    JESSIE WILLIAMS DT / NT ALABAMA 6035 335 4.92 I 8.20

    ALEC OGLETREE ILB GEORGIA 6030 232 4.60 I 8.10

    ERIC FISHER OT CENTRAL MICHIGAN 6071 297 5.40 I 8.00

    QUINTON PATTON WR LOUISIANA TECH 6020 195 4.45 I 8.00

    JONATHAN COOPER OG NORTH CAROLINA 6030 320 5.15 I 8.00

    ZACH ERTZ* TE STANFORD 6060 252 4.65 I 8.00

    EZEKIAL ANSAH DE BRIGHAM YOUNG 6060 270 4.65 I 8.00

    JONATHAN HANKINS* DT OHIO STATE 6030 322 5.30 I 8.00

    LANE JOHNSON OT OKLAHOMA 6060 305 5.30 I 8.00

    TAVON AUSTIN WR WEST VIRGINIA 5083 173 4.40 G 7.90

    CORDELLE PATTERSON* WR TENNESSEE 6030 205 4.50 M 7.90

    SAM MONTGOMERY* DE/OLB LSU 6050 260 4.70 I 7.90

    JONATHAN BANKS CB MISSISSIPPI STATE 6021 185 4.50 J 7.90

    ROBERT WOODS* WR USC 6010 190 4.55 I 7.90

    TYLER EIFERT TE NOTRE DAME 6060 250 4.70 I 7.90

    COREY LEMONIER* DE / OLB AUBURN 6040 246 4.65 I 7.90

    GEOVANI BERNARD* RB NORTH CAROLINA 5100 205 4.50 I 7.90

    SHARIF FLOYD* DT FLORIDA 6030 303 4.95 I 7.90

    DATONE JONES DE UCLA 6050 280 4.80 E 7.90

    VANCE MCDONALD TE RICE 6041 262 4.75 I 7.90

    MANTI TE'O ILB NOTRE DAME 6010 248 4.80 I 7.90

    ODAY ABOUSHI OT VIRGINIA 6051 315 5.25 I 7.90

    JAMES "TYLER" WILSON QB ARKANSAS 6016 210 4.94 I 7.80

    TERRANCE WILLIAMS WR BAYLOR 6023 201 4.50 I 7.80

    D.J. FLUKER* OT ALABAMA 6060 335 5.40 I 7.70

    KAWANN SHORT DT PURDUE 6031 325 5.05 I 7.70

    MATTHEW BARKLEY QB USC 6017 228 4.90 I 7.70

    EDDIE LACY* RB ALABAMA 6000 220 4.55 I 7.70

    KEVIN MINTER ILB LSU 6020 245 4.80 I 7.70

    ARTHUR BROWN ILB KANSAS STATE 6004 224 4.66 G 7.70

    BRANDON JENKINS DE / OLB FLORIDA STATE 6030 257 4.70 I 7.70

    DEANDRE HOPKINS* WR CLEMSON 6010 200 4.50 I 7.60

    MICHAEL GLENNON QB NORTH CAROLINA STATE 6072 225 5.10 I 7.60

    EUGENE "GENO" SMITH QB WEST VIRGINIA 6026 208 4.95 I 7.60
    Well, I give Lande credit for going by what his scouting eye tells him, not what the consensus is. But definitely is out there.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,728
    I like nassib alot and believe he can be the QB that is most ready to contribute now but i doubt will have a better pro career unless he gets into the right system and wco might be a good fit although it doesn't fit the stadium winds.

  4. #4
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    142
    I'm from Syracuse n have watched almost every Nassib game n I just don't see it. He's got an arm but no accuracy over 15-20 yards. I think he goes to Bills in 2nd round with there new dickhead coach that supposedly had his dream job at Syracuse.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Is there some reason why the OLBer/ DE from Texas A&M (Moore) is not listed.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Is there some reason why the OLBer/ DE from Texas A&M (Moore) is not listed.
    Mingo not listed either.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Mingo not listed either.
    He has Moore, Mingo and Jarvis Jones below all the guys on this list.

    Certainly goes against the grain.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    He has Moore, Mingo and Jarvis Jones below all the guys on this list.

    Certainly goes against the grain.
    maybe that's why he's an ex-nfl scout

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,251
    LOL

  10. #10
    FYI, Tony posted in response to this on his site. He said that he knows Nassib's agent well, and even Nassib's agent thinks this article is crazy.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    I like nassib alot and believe he can be the QB that is most ready to contribute now but i doubt will have a better pro career unless he gets into the right system and wco might be a good fit although it doesn't fit the stadium winds.
    I liked what I read about Nassib leading up to the senior bowl, but the reports from practice along with his poor INT in the game, are real concerning. Specifically that his arm strength is very overrated, which is a huge issue IMO as his ability to stretch the field with his arm allowed for some lack of talent in other areas.

    The thing that is most surprising reading these posts, is the above comment about nassib being "most ready to contribute now". I honestly think it is getting to an absurd level how underrated matt barkley is right now.

    The guy is a 4 year starter, with impeccable off field and football character. He understands offense, he hangs in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield, changes plays/protections at the line, and is accurate. Plus, he got his ass beat all season in 2012 and kept fighting even as the team struggled.

    His arm strength is far from elite, but outside of that, what really is the problem here??? Is the USC QB stigma this bad? Because it seems to me that barkley isnt a "typical USC QB".

    If for some reason he is available in the 2nd I think we have to take him, even if we have already acquired flynn or some other veteran.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I liked what I read about Nassib leading up to the senior bowl, but the reports from practice along with his poor INT in the game, are real concerning. Specifically that his arm strength is very overrated, which is a huge issue IMO as his ability to stretch the field with his arm allowed for some lack of talent in other areas.

    The thing that is most surprising reading these posts, is the above comment about nassib being "most ready to contribute now". I honestly think it is getting to an absurd level how underrated matt barkley is right now.

    The guy is a 4 year starter, with impeccable off field and football character. He understands offense, he hangs in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield, changes plays/protections at the line, and is accurate. Plus, he got his ass beat all season in 2012 and kept fighting even as the team struggled.

    His arm strength is far from elite, but outside of that, what really is the problem here??? Is the USC QB stigma this bad? Because it seems to me that barkley isnt a "typical USC QB".

    If for some reason he is available in the 2nd I think we have to take him, even if we have already acquired flynn or some other veteran.



    It's an unpopular sentiment, but I agree with you. Barkely is tailor made for a WCO.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,153
    If Nassibington is still on the board in round four he might be a decent value pick for the Jets or some other team.

    Anything on day one or two would be a reach

  14. #14
    I'll be elated if he is regarded that high, just means a better chance of one of the olbs to fall to us.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    If Nassibington is still on the board in round four he might be a decent value pick for the Jets or some other team.

    Anything on day one or two would be a reach
    4th! 0 chance he falls that far. Seriously this is a decent QB draft. The top 5 maybe 6 guys will be off the board by the end of the 2nd round. Your not getting a prospect like Nassib, Barkley, Geno, Wilson, or Glennon that late. Unless they get arrested or mess themselves up like Brey. Who may be the only QB to actually fall farther then his talent.

  16. #16
    Nassib has a better chance of stealing AJ McCarron's Miss Alabama girlfriend than being selected anywhere near the #1 pick. It would be pretty outrageous if he even went in the 1st round, let alone first overall. Dude's a scrub. Future clipboard holder. If he was there in the 3rd round (possible), I'd consider him, but I see him more as 3rd day talent.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    what?

    lmao.

    just no.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,728
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Nassib has a better chance of stealing AJ McCarron's Miss Alabama girlfriend than being selected anywhere near the #1 pick. It would be pretty outrageous if he even went in the 1st round, let alone first overall. Dude's a scrub. Future clipboard holder. If he was there in the 3rd round (possible), I'd consider him, but I see him more as 3rd day talent.
    I disagree if ponder and gabbert can start than nassib can also as i see him better then those two and a few others. granted he is not luck but no QB in this class is..............barkley is more of a palmer/leinart/suckchez into one which is a new kind of suckiness and geno is good for the college game not sure if he is wco QB seems like he is more a air it out QB.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,250
    I'd take Geno, Glennon, Wilson or Barkley before Nassib.

    Hoping for Wilson or Glennon in round 2 (or late in round 1 if we trade down), or a guy like Manuel in the 3rd.

    If Nassib is slated to be a first rounder, he's not my pick.

  20. #20
    Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE
    Great article breaking down QB R.Nassib (Not by me) that points out one reason I believe he can be a frontline NFL QB http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/02/28/boiler-room-syracuse-qb-ryan-nassib/ …

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us