Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: espn says shonn greene is as good as gone.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Thanks for your service Shonn. I think most have said it correct he could be a good player on the right team. Never great, but a good contributer. He is a good hammer if you have a shifty guy to tire out the defense, he can be very effective later in a game. Does not fumble. But he needs to be teamed with the right blocking scheme and complementary back.
    Certainly not to be paid as a lead back. If he can get the money good for him! Perfect guy to let go IMO.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    First off, no team would give up a 2nd round pick for a slow RB who can't catch the ball. More like a 4th or 5th round pick at best.

Second, the Jets will get nothing as he is a Free Agent.
    I would jump on you for this one but it looks like my boys already took care of it.

that's some crack reporting by ESPN. I wonder what they have to say about Bart Scott?

plenty of posters have nailed this one, Greene can be a contributor but has not shown he can be a featured back. He isn't worth bringing back on a team like the Jets with so many questions marks.

Reminds me of Lamont Jordan, as a back-up he was a great pick, as a starter, not so much.