Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: espn says shonn greene is as good as gone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He just didn't work out for us. He was never able to become a number 1 back.

I always thought he was a good RB by committee type player, but he never would have been the main guy in a scheme like that. I also believe Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight are not the main RB's in a RB by committee scheme.

So yes, the team needs another RB.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lacy Lattimore or Taylor please.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    First off, no team would give up a 2nd round pick for a slow RB who can't catch the ball. More like a 4th or 5th round pick at best.

Second, the Jets will get nothing as he is a Free Agent.
    When being an ******* you should always make sure you read carefully beforehand. Thank you captain obvious!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey let me know if you need a ride to the airport shonn, tell Tebow I will help pick him up and pack for him too

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    About damn time.

This guy should have been demoted or dumped two years ago. He is a never-was who, as usual, the Jets hold on to for way too long hoping he will turn into a quality player.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just thought I would add, it looked as if Powell was really coming on in the second half of the season. I think behind a healthy strong line he could do a fine job.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    First off, no team would give up a 2nd round pick for a slow RB who can't catch the ball. More like a 4th or 5th round pick at best.

Second, the Jets will get nothing as he is a Free Agent.
    Solid 51,962nd post.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had delusions of grandeur with this guy, and was obviously disappointed. He is remarkably adept at not finding the hole and not making cuts. Wish him well elsewhere, but we couldn't have gotten rid of him sooner. He's been waste of roster space if you ask me.
    Looking forward to the draft!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Chris Rainey as an addition to the backfield?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Just thought I would add, it looked as if Powell was really coming on in the second half of the season. I think behind a healthy strong line he could do a fine job.
    We had an upper tier run blocking unit this year. When a player cannot make anyone miss in the second level, you're stuck with a lot of sub-20 yard runs. That's not the o-line's fault.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had such high hopes for greene after he exploded onto the scene in the 09 playoffs. But that turned out to be an abberition.

The guy was slow and had some of the worst vision i have ever seen from a running back.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I had such high hopes for greene after he exploded onto the scene in the 09 playoffs. But that turned out to be an abberition.

The guy was slow and had some of the worst vision i have ever seen from a running back.
    Having TJ on the team helped him greatly, changed the pace, and delayed defenses from picking up on the fact that he was a no-trick pony.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He scored some big TDs in the two playoff runs, but he really was never ready for the #1 spot. He also fumbled too much.

Time to turn the page. I wish him well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    good time to cut bait. shonn greene's body isn't going to last another full two seasons

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shonn Greene is a "closer" of sorts. He has been most effective when he comes off the bench fresh in the second half, or on certain plays when the defense has been on the field for a long time. Thomas Jones and him worked. LT started, and Greene cleaned up. As a starter, he's not that versatile.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    seems like this is a relatively good draft class for RBs, could be good for us.
    +1

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    put him behind a good line with a good quarterback and he'll be very good.
    Exactly. He had 1000 yards each season the last 2 years on one of the worst offenses in the league.

I'm ok with him leaving but he will be good somewhere else if he lands on the right team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Exactly. He had 1000 yards each season the last 2 years on one of the worst offenses in the league.

I'm ok with him leaving but he will be good somewhere else if he lands on the right team.
    He can't catch, block, make a guy miss, or break a long one. He's terrible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post

So averaging under 4 yards/carry this year is good despite the fact the offensive line ranked in the top 5 for fewest stuffs allowed (tackle for loss or no gain) in the league? Get the hell out of here.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Solid 51,962nd post.
    LMFAO! somebody is high~