Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: espn says shonn greene is as good as gone.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    That's FMAC, I believe.

Thomas Jones, Johnny Johnson, Curtis Martin, Freeman McNeil, Johnny Hector, Brad Baxter (who Shonn Greene is the reincarnate of), Ladanian Tomlinson, Adrian Murrel, Cedric Houston, Blair Thomas, Leon Washington, Emerson Boozer, Matt Snell, Lamont Jordan, Roger Vick, Richie Anderson.....who else?

Pick the ones out that you wouldn't take over Shonn Greene. There are a few, but not many.
    Clark Gaines, Bruce Harper...I thought the OP said 1980's+

Wrong Rb to lose bc McKnight SUX!!!

depth should b

Greene
    Powell
    DRAFTPIC - Lttimore,Taylor,Lacy,Michael,Ball

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Clark Gaines, Bruce Harper...I thought the OP said 1980's+
    I just listed some of the most notables.

shone green?

don't blame green for the lack of a running game.the offensive line sucked.even the best running backs would not have done well with jets offensive line.

If the jets keep Powell and McKnigt, they better draft a RB and bring a veteran in.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENBLOODBLITZ View Post
    LMFAO! somebody is high~
    I am on a flight, about to land in Seattle, headed to Mt Baker. Gonna see what all the fuss is about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H5rvH_DtVo

Greene will be a nice complimentary back somewhere, but not right for the Jets .

He came up big for us in two straight playoff years. Other than that, he hasn't done a damn thing and was a bust pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ESPN New York says impending free agent Shonn Greene is "as good as gone."
    The Jets have one of the worst cap situations in the league and Greene is an extremely poor fit for new OC Marty Mornhinweg's West Coast scheme. It's a no-brainer to replace him with a committee spearheaded by Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight and a draft pick that actually has some burst. Greene managed just two runs of 20+ yards all last season. He's still our No. 5 free agent running back, behind Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Rashard Mendenhall and Cedric Benson.
    I remember a back in 04 whose longest run was 25 yds... Greene did show up come playoff time but I agree it's time to move on..

The Titans Chris Johnson will probably be cut real soon. The Titans aren't paying him what he is due. He the type oF Rb that the Jet offense needs. Can the Jets afford him is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    The Titans Chris Johnson will probably be cut real soon. The Titans aren't paying him what he is due. He the type oF Rb that the Jet offense needs. Can the Jets afford him is the question.
    Jets could probably afford 1 of anybody if they shuffle money around.

But then they wouldn't be able to afford anyone else.

An RB alone won't fix the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    put him behind a good line with a good quarterback and he'll be very good.
    Are you talking about shonne greene?

Geezus, its amazing how many people on here rip the offensive line. Greene had some of the worst advanced metrics of any starting back in the league.

He cant make defenders miss, and actually choosed to run into them rather then around them. He cant catch or function as a reliable receiver in any way.

The guy is below average in every possible way, cant wait to have him gone.

All League
    If Shonn Greene ran through a desert and there was one cactus in a million square miles he'd be stuck to it.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Are you talking about shonne greene?

Geezus, its amazing how many people on here rip the offensive line. Greene had some of the worst advanced metrics of any starting back in the league.

He cant make defenders miss, and actually choosed to run into them rather then around them. He cant catch or function as a reliable receiver in any way.

The guy is below average in every possible way, cant wait to have him gone.
    I don't think he is below average in every possible way, rather - he's very one dimensional. That dimension is not conducive to an every down back in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post

depth should b

Greene
    Powell
    Does anybody know in which round he's projected to go? Personally I'd like to see Lattimore in green, but I don't think the Jets will draft a RB in the early rounds. And then there's the leg thingy, unfortunately...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    First off, no team would give up a 2nd round pick for a slow RB who can't catch the ball. More like a 4th or 5th round pick at best.

Second, the Jets will get nothing as he is a Free Agent.
    Wow. Not only are you a zero, you're an illiterate zero.

Quote Originally Posted by chadderton View Post
    Does anybody know in which round he's projected to go? Personally I'd like to see Lattimore in green, but I don't think the Jets will draft a RB in the early rounds. And then there's the leg thingy, unfortunately...
    Due to Lattimore's injury, many people believe him to be an UDFA at this point.

Realistically, I see someone taking him in the 3rd round if his rehab is positive.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't think he is below average in every possible way, rather - he's very one dimensional. That dimension is not conducive to an every down back in this league.
    I think the biggest problem is that the one dimensional idea about greene happens to be completely wrong.

Greene has been "marketed" to us as a Power Back that wears down defenses. The problem is that "power back" isnt true and is really only an excuse. Greene measures in at 5'11 226lbs. Here are some other RBs for comparison:

Arian Foster 6'1 228
    Willis MacGhee 6'1 230
    Stephen Jackson 6'2 240
    Trent Richardson 5'9 230

Are any of the above considered "power backs that grind it out"? No, they all catch passes, are great in the open field and have break away speed.

Greene has NONE of those qualities and has been excused for poor production because "its not his forte" well what has he every done well for us? Ran forward to get 3.8 yards when the oline gives him space for 5 yards?

Whoever is in there next year, will be a massive upgrade over the farce of an NFL RB that we have had for the past 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post

depth should b

Greene
    Powell
    Think about it...our 2010 draft was a WASTED DRAFT

1. Wilson, Vlad, McNight and Conner.

THAT is a major contributor to why we sucked in 2011 amd 2012

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think the biggest problem is that the one dimensional idea about greene happens to be completely wrong.

Greene has been "marketed" to us as a Power Back that wears down defenses. The problem is that "power back" isnt true and is really only an excuse. Greene measures in at 5'11 226lbs. Here are some other RBs for comparison:

Arian Foster 6'1 228
    Willis MacGhee 6'1 230
    Stephen Jackson 6'2 240
    Trent Richardson 5'9 230

Are any of the above considered "power backs that grind it out"? No, they all catch passes, are great in the open field and have break away speed.

Greene has NONE of those qualities and has been excused for poor production because "its not his forte" well what has he every done well for us? Ran forward to get 3.8 yards when the oline gives him space for 5 yards?

Whoever is in there next year, will be a massive upgrade over the farce of an NFL RB that we have had for the past 2 seasons.
    I have always said that his "forte" or whatever we're going to call it is as a "closer" back, where that is when he had his most success (to TJ, to LT).

Other than that, I don't like Greene as a starter at all.

I would rather have started Powell for most of the year, or McKnight. Greene was the guy based on seniority, IMO.