Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idzik Will Build Through the Draft

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So, you're saying that you're a fan of early mock drafts?
    No offense to the folks who do that stuff. But I liken it to guys doing averages and pitching rotations on the old Strat-O-Matic cards rather than going out chasing broads.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No offense to the folks who do that stuff. But I liken it to guys doing averages and pitching rotations on the old Strat-O-Matic cards rather than going out chasing broads.
    I'll have you know that I won 2 of my FF leagues this year, mate. So, when you say something like that, remember that you're talking to the champion of NFL-Managed 917045 and NFL-Managed 921993 (ladies of the board, control your orgasms).

I'll have you know that I won 2 of my FF leagues this year, mate. So, when you say something like that, remember that you're talking to the champion of NFL-Managed 917045 and NFL-Managed 921993 (ladies of the board, control your orgasms).
    LOL. Kudos.

LOL. Kudos.
    lol, I fully accept my nerdyness.

lol, I fully accept my nerdyness.
    Right after message board moderators, chicks totally get sopping wet over FF League winners and second-place finishers. Seriously.

Right after message board moderators, chicks totally get sopping wet over FF League winners and second-place finishers. Seriously.
    Ladies go crazy when I tell them about having drafted Brady AND Peyton on the same team.

Hall Of Fame
    I am hardly a Fantasy Football guy, but love the draft. It is probably because I am a huge fan of college football, so following these guys through their recruitment and college careers is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    Idzik's biggest problem will be ass't GM Terry Bradway. That's right the same Terry Bradway former Jets GM who instead of being fired when Tannenbaum was hired by Woody as the Jets GM was retained as Ass't GM in charge of college scouting. Bradway was GM between 2001 and 2006 was most notable for faling in love with looks like Tarzan plays like Jane workout warriors. Idzik will be reviewing the now completed Bradway draft recommendations. Let's hope he ignores Bradway and relies on the Seahawk's draft reprts that he was intimately involved in up until he was hired as Jets GM.
    +1 - The best way to judge the potential talent of a football player is to watch him play football.

"Sorry Terry, this year you'll give me your opinions from game film only - going to the combine is not allowed"

Would love the hear Idzik say something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    Idzik's biggest problem will be ass't GM Terry Bradway. That's right the same Terry Bradway former Jets GM who instead of being fired when Tannenbaum was hired by Woody as the Jets GM was retained as Ass't GM in charge of college scouting. Bradway was GM between 2001 and 2006 was most notable for faling in love with looks like Tarzan plays like Jane workout warriors. Idzik will be reviewing the now completed Bradway draft recommendations. Let's hope he ignores Bradway and relies on the Seahawk's draft reprts that he was intimately involved in up until he was hired as Jets GM.
    Well have to disagree atleast last year. Bradway was very high on Russel wilson.. Their was an article the other guys in the draft room only laughed at him and gave him the nickname "Russel Bradway" Those guys should be fired.. Hitting on wilson obviously would have been huge.. trading up in the 3rd round to get him (like we havent done that every year) instead of trading up in the 2nd to get Hill..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Good points. Later round draft picks build depth and there is always the chance of finding a "diamond in the rough".

Over the last 5 years, the Jets have had the fewest draft picks of any team in the NFL:

2012- 8
    2011- 6
    2010- 4
    2009- 3
    2008- 5
    Does everyone see this POST!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Well have to disagree atleast last year. Bradway was very high on Russel wilson.. Their was an article the other guys in the draft room only laughed at him and gave him the nickname "Russel Bradway" Those guys should be fired.. Hitting on wilson obviously would have been huge.. trading up in the 3rd round to get him (like we havent done that every year) instead of trading up in the 2nd to get Hill..
    Exactly!!

How many times does a scout have to be right on a guy like Russel...

Look I supported Sanchez because of the piss poor way I have felt that they have developed him, but the fact that Jets could have gotten Russel, when their senior draft guy was begging them to get him; but instead the Jets "brain trust" thought Tebow was the answer (no disrepect intended) tells you precisely why Tannyboy was fired!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Sadly, I don't believe Rex would have played Wilson until at least the Cards game if he were the backup. I'm sure Wilson would have likely outplayed Sanchez in camp, but no way Rex would have pulled the trigger on playing him until at least the end of the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Sadly, I don't believe Rex would have played Wilson until at least the Cards game if he were the backup. I'm sure Wilson would have likely outplayed Sanchez in camp, but no way Rex would have pulled the trigger on playing him until at least the end of the season.
    If that is the case then it is a DISGRACE!!!!

in many ways you are right. the thing is that last season's team won 6 and if not for tanking the last 2 you could almost say rex coached lights out. but that's the thing. the difference between 8-8 and 12-4 can be being a whole lot luckier than everyone else and playing slumping teams. can these jets be 10-6 or higher? maybe. it would take lot's of luck but they can also be 6-10 again. as you say, they need to play as a team every game and not lose focus.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Here is my feeling on Rex in 2013.
    If I don't see a team that improves as the season progresses I want his Azz out of here. That's not to say wins, but overall team improvement.
    He's had 2 years in a row where we got worse at the end of the year.

how nice it is to be sf with 14 draft picks and a hugely marketable trade bait in smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Does everyone see this POST!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    how nice it is to be sf with 14 draft picks and a hugely marketable trade bait in smith.
    That's what well run organizations do.

All League
    That's what well run organizations do.
    You aint Kidding. Is that why the Pats only have 5 picks? and 2 of them are 7th rounders

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    You aint Kidding. Is that why the Pats only have 5 picks? and 2 of them are 7th rounders
    Was Welker worth a 2nd and 7th?

Was Holmes worth a 4th?

See the difference?

Was Holmes worth a 4th?

See the difference?
    I like how you leave out the fact that only one of them has a future HoF QB throwing to him, lol. Keep trying, goon.

All League

Was Holmes worth a 4th?

See the difference?
    5th