Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rob Ryan hired as DC by Saints

Sooth!

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    It's done, the New Orleans Saints have hired Rob Ryan as their new defensive coordinator.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Why?
    Why...WHY...WHY!!!!

Because obviously some fans out here hold Rob Ryan one of the best coaches in the NFL responsible for the Jets awful play last year even though he was with Dallas.....

Yea, I know

Good Grief!!!!

Oh and congradulations to Ryan it took longer than 5 minutes but I think the Saints gig is better than the Rams gig anyway.....

@SI_PeterKing: Rob Ryan must be a great interview. None of his last 6 defenses, in Dal+Cle+Oak, ranked better than 14th in yds allowed/13th in pts allowed.

@Deadspin: Rob Ryan's initial estimate for how long he'd be out of work was off by 38,641 minutes: http://t.co/MVZipGo6

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    From one of Buddy's boys, to literally one of Buddy's boys. Bounty alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @Deadspin: Rob Ryan's initial estimate for how long he'd be out of work was off by 38,641 minutes: http://t.co/MVZipGo6
    That's cute but when you think about it. Rob Ryan was hired by two different teams in a month and change. That's impressive. It's not like when Dallas fired him, that there were 31 other defensive coordinator jobs available. Rob got 2 DC jobs in a limited market. Not exactly 5 minutes but impressive nonetheless. Jeff Fisher hired Rob and he then reported to work and started on the job before they had philosophical differences. Then Sean Payton hires Rob Ryan. Two quality head coaches hired Rob to save their defenses inside of a month.

Peter King is a jerk. His buddy Belichick's defenses havent been in the top 10 since Bill Clinton was president.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @SI_PeterKing: Rob Ryan must be a great interview. None of his last 6 defenses, in Dal+Cle+Oak, ranked better than 14th in yds allowed/13th in pts allowed.
    Right, but how did those team's defenses rank before Ryan?
    Thats why he keeps getting jobs. Stats dont tell the whole story. His work with Dallas this year was amazing considering how little he had to work with as a result of injuries.