Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaRon SMASH spending today with ESPN

LaRon SMASH spending today with ESPN

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    @MrLandry30 will be on Bristol campus tomorrow for full day at ESPN, starting at 9 a.m. on @SportsCenter. #Jets

Should be an interesting listen. He's coming up on First Take (eww) in a few minutes.

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Jets S @MrLandry30 on First Take now. "It wasn’t that big of a circus. We stayed together as a family, as a unit." #nyj

LaRon just spoke some big time truth: "We (the defense) had to be offensive players as well. We had to put points on the board."

Getting some face time before free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Getting some face time before free agency.
    Sure, but why not. Truth was, it was a great deal for both sides. The Jets took a chance on a very good player on the cheap, and he needed a 1 year deal to prove his worth. He's going to get a big deal, and good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Sure, but why not. Truth was, it was a great deal for both sides. The Jets took a chance on a very good player on the cheap, and he needed a 1 year deal to prove his worth. He's going to get a big deal, and good for him.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

So why not stay with the JETS for 1 more year on a deal that is good for both, especially when nrxt year the JETS will haveore cap space to offer a extended deal, if it works out we want to keep him then.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    So why not stay with the JETS for 1 more year on a deal that is good for both, especially when nrxt year the JETS will haveore cap space to offer a extended deal, if it works out we want to keep him then.
    gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today
    Best post of February so far.

Would be great to re-sign him, move on from Bell and move Landry back to the strong side, but I doubt it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Would be great to re-sign him, move on from Bell and move Landry back to the strong side, but I doubt it happens.
    Landry has to be a top priority this off-season

As for Bell, he could be back, but I could also see the team taking a stab in FA elsewhere. I wonder what Ed Reed's market will be, he's essentially a Bell replacement at this point in his career, and probably a slight upgrade, but will Reed retire?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

As for Bell, he could be back, but I could also see the team taking a stab in FA elsewhere. I wonder what Ed Reed's market will be, he's essentially a Bell replacement at this point in his career, and probably a slight upgrade, but will Reed retire?
    If we aren't rebuilding, yes... re-sign him

If we are rebuilding we'd have to let him go and pray for a good draft or get lucky with a cheap FA

Laron Landry is injury prone, why would he sign a one year deal now? He was coming off of a achillies injury that allowed him to play 17 games in 2 seasons before last year. I don't see it being remotely beneficial to Landry to sign a one year deal. Not to mention, the Jets couldn't possibly afford to sign him. He will probably get a deal of about $35m/5 years with half guaranteed (guessing).

Laron Landry is injury prone, why would he sign a one year deal now? He was coming off of a achillies injury that allowed him to play 17 games in 2 seasons before last year. I don't see it being remotely beneficial to Landry to sign a one year deal. Not to mention, the Jets couldn't possibly afford to sign him. He will probably get a deal of about $35m/5 years with half guaranteed (guessing).

He will get a nice contract, but not that nice, 5 and 35 will make him the highest paid safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Reed will want to go to a contender, not a pretender. Bell or Landry should be retained as the SS, (if they can afford it and not break the bank) but not both. We need a true FS. We haven't had one in four years.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

If they so desire, the Jets could keep him, sign him to a long term deal with the bulk of the money hitting the cap starting next year. The question is....does it make sense for them to do so for the price he's asking?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I wonder if the Pats will make him an offer. He could be their new Rodney Harrison

All League
    I would like to see him resigned.

It's more than just hard hitting and sure tackling. He has a terrific attitude and has been a leader, both on the field and in the locker room. He has been healthy. Pay the man. He is an important piece of the puzzle who should be kept. IMO, we have let too many players of this type walk in the past few off-seasons.

All League
    I'd be careful giving him too much. The deal would still have to have incentives based on snaps played.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He will get a nice contract, but not that nice, 5 and 35 will make him the highest paid safety.
    THat's not true Eric Weddle got a bigger deal, $19M guaranteed in 2011, Polamanu got more, less guaranteed, though. Eric Berry got a ton as a rookie.

Antre Rolle got 37/5 w/ 15 guaranteed and 22.5m in his first 3 years in 2010.

Actually Rolle is a good comparison.