Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 139

Thread: NRA's enemies list: Most of America

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Of course it's subjective but are you telling me you need 10 guns and 1500 rounds in your house to protect your family? You have them because you like them, it's your right to have them and you want them. Chiefs tried to make this insane notion that people are stocking up on guns and amo to protect their families. Utter comeplete BS.
    =================================================

    I do not own my 10 guns and ammo because I feel I need of them to protect my family, but who knows, I might. Only 2 would be considered true home defense weapons

    I have them because in part 7 of them were given to me as inheritance or gifts. But I did buy the first one, a shot gun, and the last 2, a .22 pistol (hella fun to shoot) and a 9mm pistol (for fun and possible defenseive use). I do enjoy all of them and try to shoot each one (except the two unsafe old ones) at least every other year.

    I agree with Chiefs asumption as to why there are record gun sales that have left the gun stores shelves barren. Makes more sense then what I feel you are alluding to, and I am not at all sure what it is that you are alluding to.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Of course it's subjective but are you telling me you need 10 guns and 1500 rounds in your house to protect your family? You have them because you like them, it's your right to have them and you want them. Chiefs tried to make this insane notion that people are stocking up on guns and amo to protect their families. Utter complete BS.
    Actually my point was that people were stocking up on particular types of guns and ammo because the government is in the process of trying to ban them. People want what they can't have. You are also assuming that the rush on gun purchases in the wake of the new progressive movement to ban them means that people are stocking up on arsenals. While I'm sure some people have lots of guns the vast majority have just one or a few. It is just as likely that the record gun sales you refer to are happening by folks that have none or just a couple of guns. This whole discussion is honestly ridiculous anyway. Less than 2% of gun crimes are committed using rifles.

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,006
    The NRA's list of anti gun people, orgs., business and such I have no problem with, I don't think it was ever meant to be private or internal. It is info that they have regularly provided to there members and others, similar to how they provide rankings of politicians in regards to there views/stands on gun rights.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Actually my point was that people were stocking up on particular types of guns and ammo because the government is in the process of trying to ban them. People want what they can't have. You are also assuming that the rush on gun purchases in the wake of the new progressive movement to ban them means that people are stocking up on arsenals. While I'm sure some people have lots of guns the vast majority have just one or a few. It is just as likely that the record gun sales you refer to are happening by folks that have none or just a couple of guns. This whole discussion is honestly ridiculous anyway. Less than 2% of gun crimes are committed using rifles.
    No I think people who are stocking up are current gun owners who sell them and profit from them without going through gun checks.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ================================================== =

    CR7,
    I came up with lots of articles supporting my opinions, but they were all conjecture and as assuming as my post was, no real fact based info or even poling.

    How did you do?
    I will go by people I know who have sprinted out to buy the AR because they think it will be banned. I don't know anyone who has gone through the process to purchase their 1st gun over the last few months.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    No I think people who are stocking up are current gun owners who sell them and profit from them without going through gun checks.
    Interesting, so these people buy the guns then sell them to criminals that would otherwise be forbidden from buying them because of background checks? Would this be most of the guns being sold today or just a few? What in your estimation is the % of current gun purchases being funneled to criminals? Why don't the criminals just go to the States that dont require background checks or to some of the gun shows I keep hearing about where guns are distributed freely and without checks?

    I disagree with your assumptions of this wide scale gun trafficking but it would not shock me if that type of thing happened occasionally. Heck the Obama administration was caught doing this in the Fast and Furious scandal so it wouldn't shock me that it happened on occasion in the private markets.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I will go by people I know who have sprinted out to buy the AR because they think it will be banned. I don't know anyone who has gone through the process to purchase their 1st gun over the last few months.
    ============================================

    LOL. My experience has been the opposite.

  8. #68
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    No I think people who are stocking up are current gun owners who sell them and profit from them without going through gun checks.
    ==============================================

    There is no doubt some degree of this going on, perfectly legal in most states if done properly. If this is happening illegally, such as straw purchases or knowinly selling to some one who is unlawful to posses a firearm there are strict federal penalties in place already.

    It's new gun buyers fueling the run on all things firearm related, for the most part.

  9. #69
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,947
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Ben and Jerry's...great ice cream. I bring my conceal their all the time.

    That's great, Yosemite Sam.

    Republican America: Sh*t yourselves because someone brings a bottle of mouthwash on a plane. Carry a gun to buy ice cream.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    That's great, Yosemite Sam.

    Republican America: Sh*t yourselves because someone brings a bottle of mouthwash on a plane. Carry a gun to buy ice cream.
    Armed and boring a CPA with a gun

  11. #71
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,947
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Armed and boring a CPA with a gun
    I walked into a Dunkin Donuts with a table leg with a saw blade screwed to the end of it.

    I wasn't attacked for my raspberry Munchkins on the way home. Take that Obama's cronies!!

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Armed and boring a CPA with a gun
    CPA was in an internet cafe the other day posting on JI when suddenly some armed robbers came in to rob the place. Luckily the cameras in the facility caught the action on camera. check it out:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad5LOH-euWo

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,947
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    CPA was in an internet cafe the other day posting on JI when suddenly some armed robbers came in to rob the place. Luckily the cameras in the facility caught the action on camera. check it out:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad5LOH-euWo
    You should really send this video to every police department in the country.

    If they were allowed to carry guns....maybe we could prevent any cops from being killed in the line of duty.

  14. #74
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    "Hit list"?

    It's no surprise that a special interest group identifies other groups that have opposed them in the past. Every lobbying group does this, especially when pushing a legislative agenda.
    I understand that they'd hate David Steinberg (who doesn't? ) but Steve Buscemi has shot a lot of M*****F***ers.



    - Sam Jackson

  15. #75
    As a gun owner I support the 2nd amendment and agree with the NRA on the issue but to blacklist people like that is unAmerican.

  16. #76
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    American citizens the NRA has murdered: 0

    I lost count on the ATF:

    http://www.atfabuse.com/
    Are you for real?

  17. #77
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,947
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    As a gun owner I support the 2nd amendment and agree with the NRA on the issue but to blacklist people like that is unAmerican.
    Not to worry.

    The NRA is run by a Frenchman.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    So Winston's absurd assumption that people are buying guns because they are "up to no good" goes unchallenged by you but you have an issue with gunnails reply? Really? Seriously?
    You can stick your head up your ass and ignore the fact that most of the guns sold to criminals who can't pass background test are sold privately or on line without background test or simply continue your fantasy that these multiple gun purchases sometimes of up to 20 guns a month by private citizens are simply buys by reasonably responsible people trying to protect their children.

    There's a reasons guns used in crimes in NYC are imported from VA. It's easy to buy them legally.

    Are we supposed to believe that responsible gun owners who are buying guns for protection are simply having their weapons stolen out from under them? If that's the case these dumb asses don't need guns, they need locks.

    You think maybe some of these extra buys might be people concerned that they aren't going to be able to buy multiple guns a month to resell?

    What's absurd is your complete ignorance of how these guns are trafficked to criminals.


    Gunnails is at least honest. He doesn't have 10 guns for personal protection and he knows full well that guns are being moved from legal sales to criminals without background checks.

    People shouldn't be allowed to buy mutliple guns of any kind in short periods of time. Everyone should be forced to go through a background check and States that don't provide data for cirminal backgrounds should have their gun shops and dealers closed down.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 02-08-2013 at 04:09 AM.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    You can stick your head up your ass and ignore the fact that most of the guns sold to criminals who can't pass background test are sold privately or on line without background test or simply continue your fantasy that these multiple gun purchases sometimes of up to 20 guns a month by private citizens are simply buys by reasonably responsible people trying to protect their children.

    There's a reasons guns used in crimes in NYC are imported from VA. It's easy to buy them legally.

    Are we supposed to believe that responsible gun owners who are buying guns for protection are simply having their weapons stolen out from under them? If that's the case these dumb asses don't need guns, they need locks.

    You think maybe some of these extra buys might be people concerned that they aren't going to be able to buy multiple guns a month to resell?

    What's absurd is your complete ignorance of how these guns are trafficked to criminals.


    Gunnails is at least honest. He doesn't have 10 guns for personal protection and he knows full well that guns are being moved from legal sales to criminals without background checks.

    People shouldn't be allowed to buy mutliple guns of any kind in short periods of time. Everyone should be forced to go through a background check and States that don't provide data for cirminal backgrounds should have their gun shops and dealers closed down.
    You have gone way off topic here my friend. The discussion was about the run on Semi Automatic Rifles in the weeks since Sandy Hook. I believe and most agree that the reason for that run is because they are threatening to ban them. People know that this may be the last chance to get one legally. Its as simple as that. If you have statistics of people purchasing 20 guns a month consistently I would agree that those purchasing habits are suspect.

    By the way I am not against background checks for gun purchases. I would not be comfortable with the government compiling lists of these purchases in a database however.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    You have gone way off topic here my friend. The discussion was about the run on Semi Automatic Rifles in the weeks since Sandy Hook. I believe and most agree that the reason for that run is because they are threatening to ban them. People know that this may be the last chance to get one legally. Its as simple as that. If you have statistics of people purchasing 20 guns a month consistently I would agree that those purchasing habits are suspect.

    By the way I am not against background checks for gun purchases. I would not be comfortable with the government compiling lists of these purchases in a database however.
    Background checks good, but retaining a list isn't?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us