Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco seeking to be highest paid QB in football

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe Flacco seeking to be highest paid QB in football

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...ccording-agent

Try to hold back your laughter...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is apparently elite along with 15 other Qbs in the NFL according the media. LOL at guys like Flacco and Elli being Elite.

The problem is that with the salary cap and rules to favor passing, there are less dynasties and more QBS putting up 4k yards. With less dynasties more and more QBs have a chance to make a run at the super bowl. Back in the day when SF/Dallas were winning all the super bowls, the above average QBS stood no chance and they were just considered above average. Now guys like Flacco get one really good year or one great playoff run and they are considered ELITE by idiots like Mike Greenberg (his list has about 8- or 9 elite QBS).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Negotiating ploy....in the end he will likely "settle" for being the #4 or so highest paid.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He won them a superbowl, it's the ultimate bargaining piece you can have

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Negotiating ploy....in the end he will likely "settle" for being the #4 or so highest paid.
    Just imagine his numbers if he knew exactly every defensive call.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    He is apparently elite along with 15 other Qbs in the NFL according the media. LOL at guys like Flacco and Elli being Elite.

The problem is that with the salary cap and rules to favor passing, there are less dynasties and more QBS putting up 4k yards. With less dynasties more and more QBs have a chance to make a run at the super bowl. Back in the day when SF/Dallas were winning all the super bowls, the above average QBS stood no chance and they were just considered above average. Now guys like Flacco get one really good year or one great playoff run and they are considered ELITE by idiots like Mike Greenberg (his list has about 8- or 9 elite QBS).
    Well said. It's nothing against Flacco, he had a really good playoff run and didn't make any mistakes. But what conversation are we having about him if Rahim Moore doesn't misplay a routine deep ball? Ravens get eliminated by Broncos, and the conversation is if they should let a guy who threw a mediocre 22 TD passes and had a passer rating under 90 leave for free agency. Instead, the conversation is if he should be highest paid. I can't give him anything but props for his past 4 games, but 4 games does not a career make. Good reference to Eli too, the parallels are strong

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    He won them a superbowl, it's the ultimate bargaining piece you can have
    There might be a guy named Anquan Boldin who might disagree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    There might be a guy named Anquan Boldin who might disagree.
    Plus Jones should have been named SB MVP. Hell, one of Flacco's TD passes was a badly underthrown ball to Jones that he made a great play on, and then had a really nifty run to get in the endzone. Take that play away, and Flacco's game was relatively limited.

Plus the kickoff return TD basically put the score out of reach (or just about).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's going to get it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Eli is elite. Without Eli the Giants offense is terrible. I'm sick of reading this. Manning has more 4,000 yard seasons than Marino, Montana, and Elway COMBINED.

I have no doubt that Matt Moore has done more with less than Flacco. I wouldn't even franchise him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Eli is elite. Without Eli the Giants offense is terrible. I'm sick of reading this. Manning has more 4,000 yard seasons than Marino, Montana, and Elway COMBINED.

I have no doubt that Matt Moore has done more with less than Flacco. I wouldn't even franchise him.
    Eli's better than Flacco, but you can't tell me guys like Nicks and Cruz are bad players. Nicks was a 1st round pick and very talented WR. Cruz was under the radar but look at how many big plays he makes after the catch. His skill level is high. Giants also gave Eli a 1st round RB this past season and when Bradshaw is healthy he is very good. Just pointing that out...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Comparing Eli to those three based on 4,000 yard seasons is pretty much useless in today's NFL

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Fail.

Not only is that a ridiculous comparison in todays NFL, but just doing a quick check you can see Marino alone had 6 seasons of over 4,000 yards and Eli has only had 3.

And Montana never threw for 4,000 yards. Carson Palmer threw for over 4,000 yards this year. Is he better than Montana?
    Last edited by giddy up; 02-06-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Most know how this works. It's not always who's the best but when you become a FA. He has all the leverage.

The Jets made Bart Scott the highest paid ILB at the time. Was he the best?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Most know how this works. It's not always who's the best but when you become a FA. He has all the leverage.

The Jets made Bart Scott the highest paid ILB at the time. Was he the best?
    Bingo

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marisco going full derp.

Eli isn't elite, but he IS a good QB. Same with Flacco. People are just stuck in the ESPN bs and have this idea that a QB is either crap or he's elite. It's stupid, honestly.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hes got their balls to the fire I hope he milks them for every penny.. This will hurt the team as a whole and help the rest of the teams a little.. They had every chance to sign him for a decent deal last year, now after winning the superbowl and leading the way they will have to pony up..

It still blows my mind how stupid MT was to extend Sanchez when their was absolutely no need for it! Teams would be lining up or flacco yet the ravens waited.. No team would have been lining up for Sanchez yet MT uneedingly locked him up like he was an elite qb..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Marisco going full derp.

Eli isn't elite, but he IS a good QB. Same with Flacco. People are just stuck in the ESPN bs and have this idea that a QB is either crap or he's elite. It's stupid, honestly.
    Exactly. Flacco is an above average QB who had a really good stretch of 4 games in the playoffs. Prior to this stretch, my guess is he played around 90 career games. I bet he never had a 4 game stretch this good (at least with TD:INT ratio). What is more telling about him as a player? 90 games or 4?

If he were an elite QB, he'd be having elite regular seasons. Plain and simple

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could care less about the highest paid or whether he is elite or not he competed to get the Ravens to the SB and that is all the matters to me. Did he get lucky on a couple of his throws? Yes, but he made enough plays to be in the games. The only QB that failed this post season was Shaub. He didn't do jack to at least be in the game.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2