Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahmad Bradshaw Released

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go Herd!...Ahmad Bradshaw will be a star for his next team, just as I knew during his NFL draft as team after team passed on him until the 7th Round...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxsvvXfSTNY

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure. It would be nice. If we had cap room

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    He fumbles a lot. The Giants only cut him because they have David Wilson though.

Eh. Money can be spent better elsewhere.
    That is the perfect example of the Giants organization planning ahead. They knew Bradshaw loses a lot of time to his hurt foot every season and drafted a really high RB in preparation - let them both be there for a year, to see if Wilson would develop so that Bradshaw could be let go. He did, and he was.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought he was 30. He's only 26.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worth looking at IMO. This draft sucks at RB and he be the 2nd best RB to be had easy. If we can get him at a good price why not? When healthy he is not a bad back. He is still young and has some pretty good moves.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Worth looking at IMO. This draft sucks at RB and he be the 2nd best RB to be had easy. If we can get him at a good price why not? When healthy he is not a bad back. He is still young and has some pretty good moves.
    I have a feeling the Giants will resign him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not true, this year's RB class is actually pretty deep.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Bradshaw is available in late June maybe the Jets will take a flyer on him but the Jets won't be outbidding another team for any players services. I think the Jets will be in "what's left needing a team to play on mode" for free agency.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Not true, this year's RB class is actually pretty deep.
    I disagree on that. I don't see one guy that is really more then a BU. Some good role players maybe a few gambles but not much solid talent. Bradshaw is a lot better then anything your see out of this draft. A guy like Lacy would be a 4th rounder at best in just about any other draft IMO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We should bring in him AND Jacobs.

Party like it's 2007!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gonna puke.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    I thought he was 30. He's only 26.
    He has a lot of wear and tear and you can always get a RB in the draft. Honestly, Powell and McKnight are not bad as 2 down backs if the OL just got upgraded at the Guard positions. We need a 3rd down back who can catch and chip block. Kenjon Barner please.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    The Giants are letting him go for a reason. Pass.

I'd rather get a RB in the draft.
    yes to sign Cruz and Nicks and who's to say its not a mistake? They drafted a RB/Wilson in the 1st round last year. I think they were likely letting him go no matter what he did this year. Cruz is just a higher priority.

He started the year off with a bad foot and was supposed to get 20 carries a game max and then in a 2 week period they rode him giving him nearly 60 carries in a 7 day period. He was never the same after that. I say get em for cheap and let him be our 17-20 carry back and give Mcknight and Powell some reps in-between. Powell can give him a series or 2 off and McKnight should be able to be a 3rd down back this year in this new system since he'll get a lot of receiving opportunities.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    That is the perfect example of the Giants organization planning ahead. They knew Bradshaw loses a lot of time to his hurt foot every season and drafted a really high RB in preparation - let them both be there for a year, to see if Wilson would develop so that Bradshaw could be let go. He did, and he was.
    They were planning ahead for financial reasons ... true indeed they were letting Bradshaw go no matter what happened. Agree there ... at 26 he has a lot left in the tank and just has to be managed properly.

Wilson however wasn't what they expected to be early. They had to overuse Bradshaw early cause Wilson was a liability and couldn't be trusted. They only did that cause they knew he wasn't in their future plans. Giants mismanaged Bradshaw because of their future planning. Any team that signs him to a 2 year deal or whatever will manage him better and get the most for him. We can't keep drafting these RB's that you can't trust getting 1st string reps. When we got LT everyone thought he had nothing in the tank. Who knew he'd be what he was here. If we rebuild this terrible offensive system, the O Line gets back to dominant, and we get some real weapons out on the field ... this guy is still a 4 and a half yard a carry guy. Thats just who he is he's averaged 4.6 for his career. Everyone here says he's in the downside of his career and like he's washed up. Shows how educated some Jet fans about this guy when last year was his 2nd best season as a pro. He's been in the league for 6 years but didn't have over 100 carries til 09 when he only had 163 carries. He has 2-3 solid years left in him. A 4 and a half yard a carry guy? I'd get him if he's not costly .. we need that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    They were planning ahead for financial reasons ... true indeed they were letting Bradshaw go no matter what happened. Agree there ... at 26 he has a lot left in the tank and just has to be managed properly.

Wilson however wasn't what they expected to be early. They had to overuse Bradshaw early cause Wilson was a liability and couldn't be trusted. They only did that cause they knew he wasn't in their future plans. Giants mismanaged Bradshaw because of their future planning. Any team that signs him to a 2 year deal or whatever will manage him better and get the most for him. We can't keep drafting these RB's that you can't trust getting 1st string reps. When we got LT everyone thought he had nothing in the tank. Who knew he'd be what he was here. If we rebuild this terrible offensive system, the O Line gets back to dominant, and we get some real weapons out on the field ... this guy is still a 4 and a half yard a carry guy. Thats just who he is he's averaged 4.6 for his career. Everyone here says he's in the downside of his career and like he's washed up. Shows how educated some Jet fans about this guy when last year was his 2nd best season as a pro. He's been in the league for 6 years but didn't have over 100 carries til 09 when he only had 163 carries. He has 2-3 solid years left in him. A 4 and a half yard a carry guy? I'd get him if he's not costly .. we need that.
    If he has a lot left in the tank, why should he have to be managed properly?

btw, who wants a guy who you have to manage at this point? I want a young 22 yr old stud to rip off 1,200 yds. .. don't you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell and McKnight operating behind an NFL QB in a workableoffensive game plan should be fine

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

AB is a stud when his wheel isn't acting up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    is he an upgrade? is he better than Shonn (what a stupid spelling for that name)?
    What's wrong with that Ga'damn spelling .. are you O'rish or what ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Injuries, fumbling problems, no thanks. It was inevitable the Giants would release him eventually.