Thread: Thoughts on this trade?

Practice Squad

Thoughts on this trade?

As much as I love Revis, he is our best trade chip in that he has great value (would be best if it weren't for the ACL) on the market, we are trading from strength in that our secondary is our strength and the Niners desperately need a #1 DB.

So here goes the Jets trade Revis for Alex Smith & Aldon Smith.

Some will poo poo the idea thinking the Niners would never trade Aldon, I think they would because Revis is 28 and Aldon is 24 and while we get a top 3 DE/LB they get the #1 DB in football and for all the ACL guys he is a hard worker, always has always will, he will regain his form guaranteed.

Alex is a throw in since they don't need him and Alex doesn't want to be there anymore, maybe throw in a pick in the 4th with Revis?

We have our veteran QB to battle with Suckass and we now can grab Womack to help our line out or S but we don't have to go for Mingo or Jordan (not that I don't like them) this just helps us fill in more holes.

Thoughts?

I dont think the 49ers would trade Aldon, not to mention Revis' ACL.

Hall Of Fame
    Aldon Smith is more valuable than Revis. Add the ACL and Revis' contract demands and this is one of the biggest pipe dreams ever.

NO WAY they do that..I just looked up his contract, only paying him 1.7 next year, 2.3 in 14. That makes him much more valuable than revis who is better but to pay 15,16 mil a year (assume it was a sign and trade) they are going to have to make tough decisions elsewhere. If this was baseball and there was no cap maybe..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Revis to Washington for Orakpo. They made the playoffs with Orakpo out most of the year. And they could really use a nice CB. Both are coming off season ending injuries.

ZERO chance they would trade Aldon Smith.

Veteran
    Time for a McGinley GiF

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

U play Madden bro?

All Pro
    Wonderful Idea!

And while we're at it, We can trade Sanchez for Kaepernick. We could even throw in a 5th rd pick to sweeten the pot!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by THE BURG22 View Post
    As much as I love Revis, he is our best trade chip in that he has great value (would be best if it weren't for the ACL) on the market, we are trading from strength in that our secondary is our strength and the Niners desperately need a #1 DB.

Some will poo poo the idea thinking the Niners would never trade Aldon, I think they would because Revis is 28 and Aldon is 24 and while we get a top 3 DE/LB they get the #1 DB in football and for all the ACL guys he is a hard worker, always has always will, he will regain his form guaranteed.

Alex is a throw in since they don't need him and Alex doesn't want to be there anymore, maybe throw in a pick in the 4th with Revis?

We have our veteran QB to battle with Suckass and we now can grab Womack to help our line out or S but we don't have to go for Mingo or Jordan (not that I don't like them) this just helps us fill in more holes.

Thoughts?

Practice Squad
    Ha! fair enough

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Wonderful Idea!

And while we're at it, We can trade Sanchez for Kaepernick. We could even throw in a 5th rd pick to sweeten the pot!
    Throw Tebow back to balance the QB roster spot. How can they say no?!

Undrafted Free Agent
    hey guys don't say that i think this is a really fair trade for both teams...

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You have got to be kidding.

Perhaps they could include Bowman in there, too, just for ****s and giggles.

This is Madden '13 after all.

They'll take Sanchez off our hands to be the No.2 QB, right?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by THE BURG22 View Post

Thoughts?
    Somewhere on this site is a Gif in which the character is continuously laughing. Reading that trade , that gif is all i can think of. The best the Jets can hope to get for Revis is a 1st round pick. Considering the risk of the player you're going to be taking at that pick compared to the risk the team giving up the pick will be taking with Revis coming off ACL repair, this would seem like a fair trade. With the injury, Revis is the best CB in the NFL.