Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ~ ~ 2013 Scheduled Opponents ( yes , i know it's kinda early ) ~ ~ ~

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We play the Bucs, Raiders, Panthers, Dolphins, Bills, Browns and Titans...

And Jets fans complain about how tough the schedule is...

Losers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anybody see this team, even with drastic improvements ending higher than 8-8 on the high side? Looks like the schedule is going to be tough...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

Losers.
    Bucs are a tough team, so are the panthers and can both hurt us.

Dolphins will be significantly better because of the new QB and another year under his belt. Their defense was already tough for us.

Bills will find a huge step forward, with new "good"coaching.

Browns have just hired some good coaching and building, so they will be dangerous as well.

If we field anything like the team we had at the end of this season, next year will have some problems.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Bucs are a tough team, so are the panthers and can both hurt us.

Dolphins will be significantly better because of the new QB and another year under his belt. Their defense was already tough for us.

Bills will find a huge step forward, with new "good"coaching.

Browns have just hired some good coaching and building, so they will be dangerous as well.

If we field anything like the team we had at the end of this season, next year will have some problems.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    watch and see

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Low end 6-10, high end 9-7. I'd bank on 8-8.

OFFENSE: Look at it this way, basically no matter what happens, the offense will be significantly better coached and game-planned.

O-LINE: likely to maintain level of play or slightly improve (say, if Warmack, Warford or Jones starts).

RB: Powell, McKnight, FA/early-to-mid-round draft pick. Likely to maintain about the same level of production or slightly deteriorate.

RECEIVERS: Holmes, Hill 2.0, Kerley, Edwards/FA/draft picks. Likely to slightly improve, even with perspective loss of Keller since he wasn't a factor last year.

QB: Likely to slightly improve or stay the same in a two-read, WCO. Basically what Schottenheimer ran for Sanchez in 2011, but simplified and run by a more competent offensive mind. Can't get much worse, anyway.

DEFENSE: Defense will probably remain somewhere between 5th and 10th in the league.

D-LINE: play will likely improve. Wilkerson and Coples reaching peak game. Either Pouha playing healthy, or cut, and replaced by a resigned Devito and more 4-3 looks. Plus, a possible first-round pick at hybrid DE/OLB.

LINEBACKERS: Play likely to stay the same or improve. BT gone. Davis with another year in the system, far more athletic than Scott, remains to be seen if he has the instincts. Pace gone or back at a reduced salary. Harris is Harris. Even when he's bad he's okay. McIntyre rotating in. See above re: possible first round OLB. Possible this is where they spend limited FA money as well.

SECONDARY: Best case scenario is Revis, Cromartie, and Wilson. Worst-case scenario is Revis OR Cromartie, Wilson, and Berry/Lankster/Trufant. Jets did fine against the pass this year, don't see that changing in a huge way no matter how this plays out. Safety play will likely get marginally worse. But Rex has always been able to survive with mediocre safety play. (His defense ranked higher with Eric Smith, Jim Leonhard, and Poole rotating than with Landry and Bell).

SPECIAL TEAMS: Might get a bit worse with Westhoff leaving, and perhaps McKnight cut. Nothing special at kicker and question marks at punter. Only unit that could potentially get a lot worse.

I'm not saying they'll go to the Super Bowl, but the Jets will be better next year than they were this year.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    No more than six wins. Rex is let go a day after our last game. We trade down
    in the draft from the second overall pick. Woody sells the team and the new owner moves it to LA. The new owner changes the team's name to " Condors " .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by idjet View Post
    No more than six wins. Rex is let go a day after our last game. We trade down
    in the draft from the second overall pick. Woody sells the team and the new owner moves it to LA. The new owner changes the team's name to " Condors " .
    Ban please

Before post 27

Thanks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    HOME :

Dolphins
    Bills
    Patriots
    Raiders
    Saints
    Steelers
    Buccaneers
    Browns
    Not too shabby for ticket resales.

Depending on when each game is, of course, and based on prior year sales, I'd expect the minimum resale for LSL seats (135) to be about:

Dolphins: $240 - 280 (more if the Phins have a winning record)
    Bills: face - $165
    Patriots: $300 - 350 (Pats fans spend anything)
    Raiders: $275 - 325 (love dem stupid Raiduh fans)
    Saints: $250 - 300 (not sure on this one)
    Steelers: $350 - $375 (love those dedicated travelin' Steeler fans)
    Bucs: $175 - $200 (crap shoot on this one)
    Browns: face at best

Can't wait for 2014 to see our new QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I hope we play in Charltte early in the season... So we are not out of it.

Hoping to be 10 and 6. mark may fix what's broken......maybe.

In 2005 when Jets were here we were 4 and 12 and blown out.

Hey, cpa, you chided ME for being over optimistic last season. (I was).
    Now this from YOU. It's 6-10 WITH the Jets beating the Panthers. Maybe.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Nashville & Balt. are always great road game cities just a shame New Orleans is a home game another great road city. I see us at least at 8-8 next season all this moving around we have to i improve a few games at least.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Ban please

Before post 27

Thanks
    Why don`t you just stop being a little crybaby for once. All you do is cry for a ban when you don`t like what someone posts. Oh, I see, you think the Jets are gonna go 13-3 again. LOL LOL LOL Be a man and stop crying already. Leave the kid alone. He gave his opinion like anyone else. Your opinion means nothing to most here so don`t bother saying you are just posting your opinion. We all know you want everyone banned here except SARI.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Not too shabby for ticket resales.

Depending on when each game is, of course, and based on prior year sales, I'd expect the minimum resale for LSL seats (135) to be about:

Dolphins: $240 - 280 (more if the Phins have a winning record)
    Bills: face - $165
    Patriots: $300 - 350 (Pats fans spend anything)
    Raiders: $275 - 325 (love dem stupid Raiduh fans)
    Saints: $250 - 300 (not sure on this one)
    Steelers: $350 - $375 (love those dedicated travelin' Steeler fans)
    Bucs: $175 - $200 (crap shoot on this one)
    Browns: face at best

Can't wait for 2014 to see our new QB.
    definitely is a good season for resale value. If I still had tickets I would sell the entire season, recoup the preseason losses, then do what all the old stadium Jets fans did and go to half a season for free.

Funny how lots of things changed, yet they are the same. Different stadium, different fans, same outcome to Jets home games(fans selling to go for free).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Why don`t you just stop being a little crybaby for once. All you do is cry for a ban when you don`t like what someone posts. Oh, I see, you think the Jets are gonna go 13-3 again. LOL LOL LOL Be a man and stop crying already. Leave the kid alone. He gave his opinion like anyone else. Your opinion means nothing to most here so don`t bother saying you are just posting your opinion. We all know you want everyone banned here except SARI.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I pray we don't get any prime time games. I'm tired of being embarrassed on national TV.
    I am hoping there are 4 which I won't go to because I don't like getting home at 2 AM from a football game. I have decided this year to drop my ST plan (UD) and buy 4 - 1 PM starts (don't care who the opposition is) on the secondary market. I did the math - will not have to eat the 2 preseason games or go to the prime time games that I don't want to go to anyway. I will spend less than I did last year and go to only the games I want for less $.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I pray we don't get any prime time games. I'm tired of being embarrassed on national TV.
    You shouldn't worry about that.

6-10 football teams, with one of the worst offenses in the NFL, do not get prime time games.

Jets will get one Thursday night game and that will be it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    hi johnny
    Hi Kelly. Your new avatar freaks me out.

Only my close friends call me Johnny.

I guess you're my friend.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You shouldn't worry about that.

6-10 football teams, with one of the worst offenses in the NFL, do not get prime time games.

Jets will get one Thursday night game and that will be it.
    I want to have all 1pm games so I can go for a run and not feel nauseous by dinnertime.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh , just to let you guys know,
    i'll most probably be at the falcons game

cheers ~ ~

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Losers.
    At the best, Jets will go 3-6 against those teams.