Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Time to sign Ahmad Bradshaw ...

  1. #21
    Too much money for such a huge injury risk (chronic foot). Thumbs down. Use the draft for a RB. It will be cheaper. Spend FA money elsewhere for a position tougher to fill. Backs are a dime a dozen and given the right scheme and OL, you don't need exceptional talent for success. Case in point: NE Pats. They have had average backs for years (Green Ellis, Ridley, Vereen, to name the most recent unspectacular backs) but have displayed tremendous production from the position.

    Spending a 1st round pick or using a ton of free agent money for a RB (unless it's a talent like Peterson) is just fiscally irresponsible for most NFL teams.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    ... and some who have seen little or no success.

    You stole my thunder, John.

    Why must there be a thread to sign every player who is cut from another team??? Maybe we could put an end to this nonsense by just having one sticky thread entitled "Sign these beasts!"
    If we were to make a run at something, I could see taking a chance on a player like this, but there's little or no chance of making a run, so it would just be a waste of money.

  3. #23
    No thank you.

    Bradshaw spends every season on the injury report/missing games and he's not a workhorse No.1 back. I'd much rather draft someone and field a three man rotation between said draft pick, Powell and McKnight.

  4. #24
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    495
    No thanks to Bradshaw.

    If the Jets FO spend anywhere it should be on the OLine or used to resign Landry at a reasonable price.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    The RB class in this year's draft is strong. So what should we do? Sign an overrated, injury-prone back who will probably want more money than we can afford.

    Stop it already.
    +2. This team is in no position to sign guys like Bradshaw, Landry, Umenyiora, Reggie Bush, etc...

    It is ridiculous to even suggest it. The Jets aren't a piece or two away and THEY DON'T HAVE THE MONEY!

  6. #26
    I don't think we can afford to spend money on a RB in free agency. Bradshaw gets hurt a lot too

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,591
    Time to take a cue from the Giants and also do not sign a player they won't.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 02-07-2013 at 11:21 AM.

  8. #28
    We want players for what they will become, not for what they once were.

  9. #29
    On signing Bradshaw:

    Idzik: "It would be bad."

    Rex: "Define "bad"."

    Idzik: "Imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously, and ever molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."

    Rex: "Okay, that's bad."

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,228
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    +2. This team is in no position to sign guys like Bradshaw, Landry, Umenyiora, Reggie Bush, etc...

    It is ridiculous to even suggest it. The Jets aren't a piece or two away and THEY DON'T HAVE THE MONEY!
    You obviously are on board with trading Revis for the best package of picks im assuming?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    On signing Bradshaw:

    Idzik: "It would be bad."

    Rex: "Define "bad"."

    Idzik: "Imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously, and ever molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."

    Rex: "Okay, that's bad."
    That's a big Twinkie

  12. #32
    If the Jets are going to sign an RB in free agency (which probably isn't the best idea), I'd skip Bradshaw and take a look at Mike Goodson. Speed, quickness, good receiver, younger (26 when the season starts), played in a WCO and will likely be cheap. He flashed some with Carolina a few years back and with Oakland last season before an injury.

    Still, I'd pass on signing an RB and draft one and go with him and Powell.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    On signing Bradshaw:

    Idzik: "It would be bad."

    Rex: "Define "bad"."

    Idzik: "Imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously, and ever molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."

    Rex: "Okay, that's bad."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RonVkZ1lXA

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    It's like clockwork with Jets fans.

    With all the crappy FA signings by the Jets, you'd think the majority of fans would focus on the draft instead.
    We do...FA would be good if we were thisclose to a super bowl run...gut this team, 'cept for the young guys w promise..

  15. #35
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,513
    Time to stop starting threads.

  16. #36
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Too much money for such a huge injury risk (chronic foot). Thumbs down. Use the draft for a RB. It will be cheaper. Spend FA money elsewhere for a position tougher to fill. Backs are a dime a dozen and given the right scheme and OL, you don't need exceptional talent for success. Case in point: NE Pats. They have had average backs for years (Green Ellis, Ridley, Vereen, to name the most recent unspectacular backs) but have displayed tremendous production from the position.

    Spending a 1st round pick or using a ton of free agent money for a RB (unless it's a talent like Peterson) is just fiscally irresponsible for most NFL teams.
    More importantly, who is that girl in the avatar?

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    He can be our main running back while splitting carries with Powell and McKnight. He's a legit #1 and he runs as hard as anyone in the league. Versatile guy who can block and stats don't show his true value. Get him ...

    Yes he has foot problems but we managed Landry exceptionally well this past season. Bradshaw is worth adjusting for like Landry was. He would be huge for the offense ...
    Step away from the crack pipe!! The Jets need more old, washed up, injury prone veterans like Lindsey Lohan needs more DUI arrests.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    That's a big Twinkie
    Said Rex.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,591
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    On signing Bradshaw:

    Idzik: "It would be bad."

    Rex: "Define "bad"."

    Idzik: "Imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously, and ever molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."

    Rex: "Okay, that's bad."
    LOL reminds me of Owen Wilson in Armageddon
    Okay, so the scariest environment imaginable. Thanks. That’s all you gotta say, scariest environment imaginable.

    Oscar Choi

    Armageddon – Owen Wilson

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    We want players for what they will become, not for what they once were.
    Someone should have told Tannenbaum this. He will have the reverse of this on his headstone.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us