Thread: Some Hope for Our Future....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Some Hope for Our Future....

Fewer People Than Ever Trust Fox News

Trust in Fox News has hit a record low, according to a new survey from Public Policy Polling released Wednesday.

Only 41 percent of respondents to the poll said that they "trust" Fox News, compared to 46 percent who said they do not. That's an astounding 17-point swing from 2010, when PPP first did the survey. Back then, 49 percent said they trusted it, and 37 percent said they did not.

Overall, Fox News is incredibly polarizing. It remains the most trusted individual outlet among respondents. Thirty-four percent said they trusted it the most. No other network got more than 13 percent in that question. It's also the network that most people trust the least, as 39 percent said they trusted it the least.

The poll found that Fox has lost the trust of an incredible amount of Independents. In 2010, Independents only slightly distrusted Fox at a 41-44 split. Now, they distrust it by a 32-56 split.

PPP also found, expectedly, that Republicans said they trust nothing other than Fox, while Democrats trust everything other than Fox.

There is only one outlet that more people trust than distrust: PBS.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-n...#ixzz2KDLr4HNE

So the population, as a whole, is beginning to get the picture that they have been lied to and manipulated by these networks. Interestingly, out of the 41% that said they trust Fox News, 100% of them said they believe Elvis is alive (98% think they saw him recently).

Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-07-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The assault on Fox continues.

I believe its fairly common knowledge that PPP is a biased propaganda outlet for the DNC. Having a bias is fine. Having a bias and pretending you donít isnít fine but it seems like its par for the course. Worse than that though is using your position as a supposedly integrous source of public opinion data to push narratives in cooperation with the Democratic party.

Be a good little soldier, NonIJ, and run along now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumfail View Post

I believe its fairly common knowledge that Fox is a biased propaganda outlet for the RNC. Having a bias is fine. Having a bias and pretending you donít isnít fine but it seems like its par for the course. Worse than that though is using your position as a supposedly integrous source of public opinion data to push narratives in cooperation with the Republican party.

Be a good little soldier, NonIJ, and run along now.
    Fixed.

Be a good little soldier, QuantumFAIL, and run along now
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The funniest part of this post is the implication that society is getting SMARTER. When people are more familiar with Beyonce's measurements than economic policy, the station they get their news from becomes pretty irrelevant . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    The funniest part of this post is the implication that society is getting SMARTER. When people are more familiar with Beyonce's measurements than economic policy, the station they get their news from becomes pretty irrelevant . . .
    baby steps. Its progress.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a direct result of the past election and Dick Morris, who FOX fired BTW. Mistakes were made, snake-oil was sold. But nothing worse than you would get anywhere else. Right now the Reps are in the toilet after losing back-to-back elections. It is human nature and people want to be part of a winner, which is why the Independents are leaning in the direction they are.

As someone who watched nearly all of the cable news programs, I can say without a doubt that they are all basically partisan circle jerks. CNN tries to hide their liberal ideologies but anyone with eyes can see them. FOX and MSNBC offer no apologies. I think FOX's coverage of news events is second to none, there is a reason why they crush everyone else in the ratings. And for anybody who is sick of hearing how great Obama is and is interested in seeing the other side of the coin, FOX is pretty much the only place you can go. When Bush was in office you could go anywhere and find someone holding his feet to the fire and asking tough questions. Those people have been few and far between the past four years.

Can we please discuss more important topics like the administration assassinating US citizens whilst seeking trials for foreign terrorists. How torture is against American morals and ideals but killing Americans is OK. Turns out Bush was never half as ruthless as Obama is. Or perhaps a US Senator that is being investigated for sex crimes against underage women.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This is a direct result of the past election and Dick Morris, who FOX fired BTW. Mistakes were made, snake-oil was sold. But nothing worse than you would get anywhere else. Right now the Reps are in the toilet after losing back-to-back elections. It is human nature and people want to be part of a winner, which is why the Independents are leaning in the direction they are.

As someone who watched nearly all of the cable news programs, I can say without a doubt that they are all basically partisan circle jerks. CNN tries to hide their liberal ideologies but anyone with eyes can see them. FOX and MSNBC offer no apologies. I think FOX's coverage of news events is second to none, there is a reason why they crush everyone else in the ratings. And for anybody who is sick of hearing how great Obama is and is interested in seeing the other side of the coin, FOX is pretty much the only place you can go. When Bush was in office you could go anywhere and find someone holding his feet to the fire and asking tough questions. Those people have been few and far between the past four years.

Can we please discuss more important topics like the administration assassinating US citizens whilst seeking trials for foreign terrorists. How torture is against American morals and ideals but killing Americans is OK. Turns out Bush was never half as ruthless as Obama is. Or perhaps a US Senator that is being investigated for sex crimes against underage women.
    Fox offers no apologies for being biased yet spends millions of dollars promoting itself as being Fair and Balanced in countless advertisements both on their networks and other venues from stadium signs to radio and tv ads on competitor's airwaves.

But in all honesty, my intent of this thread was light hearted. And I do agree with a lot of your post. Two points where we disagree is 1, the portion I already addressed and 2, the idea that media bias and the overall state of our main stream media, is not important. A population that is either not informed or worse, manipulated by bad information, is on a dangerous slope.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-07-2013 at 10:43 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Fox offers no apologies for being biased yet spends millions of dollars promoting itself as being Fair and Balanced in countless advertisements both on their networks and other venues from stadium signs to radio and tv ads on competitor's airwaves.

But in all honesty, my intent of this thread was light hearted. And I do agree with a lot of your post. Two points where we disagree is 1, the portion I already addressed and 2, the idea that media bias and the overall state of our main stream media, is not important. A population that is either not informed or worse, manipulated by bad information, is on a dangerous slope.
    All cable news shows are biased one way or the other. Most of the network news is left leaning. Fox as far as I can tell is the only right leaning news channel, and contrary to MSNBC, Fox is is much more likely to present opposing views and vigorous debate, hence the fair and balanced slogan. Personally I watch a ton of this stuff and the only anchor of a Cable News and analysis program that appears call things straight down the middle is Erin Burnett on CNN. She has impressed me with impartiality on a number of occasions. Maybe its just the shock of seeing a CNN anchor call something down the middle but thats what I've noticed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    All cable news shows are biased one way or the other. Most of the network news is left leaning. Fox as far as I can tell is the only right leaning news channel, and contrary to MSNBC, Fox is is much more likely to present opposing views and vigorous debate, hence the fair and balanced slogan. Personally I watch a ton of this stuff and the only anchor of a Cable News and analysis program that appears call things straight down the middle is Erin Burnett on CNN. She has impressed me with impartiality on a number of occasions. Maybe its just the shock of seeing a CNN anchor call something down the middle but thats what I've noticed.
    ONE TV station has a conservative slant and after 50 years of a monopoly over media, libs are up in arms that the internet and one TV station report certain facts in a manner that they don't like or disagree with.

Where's Dan Rather when you need em. Perhaps we can doctor up a few calls to make people look like racists.

Very telling...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    O'Reilly and Hannity have been exposed as right-wing frauds. They will always make money off conservatives but moderate and independent American voters have stopped listening to them for years now. Fox's only hope is to put on as many hot chicks as possible to repeat Karl Rove's bullet points.

Last edited by detjetsfan; 02-07-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just look at Fox's morning show.

Some dumb blonde ***** and two stupid fags. HI! MY NAME IS STEVE DOOSHEY!! And this is some dumb blonde bimbo who can run a can opener without injuring herself. And together, we inform idiots in retirement homes across the country of the news of the day.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just leave this here:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te..._do_video.html

"Fox News Claims Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany"

As someone who lives in Germany, this amuses me immensely. I can't remember the last time I saw the sun.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Just look at Fox's morning show.

Some dumb blonde ***** and two stupid fags. HI! MY NAME IS STEVE DOOSHEY!! And this is some dumb blonde bimbo who can run a can opener without injuring herself. And together, we inform idiots in retirement homes across the country of the news of the day.
    It's a reverse image of your own household

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Solar is also to costly. Thousands upon thousands from sea to shining sea.
    But the Libs in Ca. say not by me!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Solar is also to costly. Thousands upon thousands from sea to shining sea.
    But the Libs in Ca. say not by me!
    I suggest that the liberal environmentalists research how solar panels and wind mills are made. Most of the primary components are manufactured in China using methods that are hazardous to the environment. Chemicals that are worse than carbon emissions.

I am all for clean energy but right now it is not a viable option. The technology just isn't there. Maybe 20 or 50 years from now. Right now we should produce our own oil and use a portion of the profits to invest in clean energy research and environmental research with hopes of developing something that works. Currently solar and wind just don't cut it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is still better then the rest of the News? services. Not that I watch any of them!