Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which team is in Salary cap hell???

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    We don't have to trade our franchise player because of the team's cap situation, aka the point of this thread.
    So then what is the reason? Or are all the reports just pure fabrication by the anti-Jet media?

Revis has to get paid, which effects the cap. We have many holes to fill in a sport with a salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Well if their fans are anything like you, then they should be content for the next 50 years from winning the two Super Bowls. You knock the Giants by saying they barely got into the playoffs the years they won the Super Bowl and were "lucky" to win them, YET you speak of the Jets two runs to the AFCCG like they were some great accomplishments. IF the Jets ever won a Super Bowl in the manner the Giants did you would be defending it till you turned blue or got banned yet again.
    Reading comprehension isn't your strength

I never said any of that crap

I used the Jets 09 and 10 season to depict how close the Jets were to the Giants in both of those years and the GIants SB years to show how suggesting their "model of success" should be emulated, it's a bunch of crap

I'm hardly content, so I don't know where you're headed with that one.

As for being banned, I called out our resident pedophile, yeah, when it comes to my daughter being the subject of somebody's sick and twisted schtick, I'll do that again.

And yet, the schtick continues as does the trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So then what is the reason? Or are all the reports just pure fabrication by the anti-Jet media?
    Because he wants to be the highest paid player in NFL history, may now not be worth that gamble, and if a trade offer comes along that puts the Jets on the fast track back to restoring talent to the roster, they should consider it.

Otherwise, if Revis is willing to accept a deal that won't cripple the franchise, I see no reason why the Jets can't re-sign him and rebuild the team's roster around his contract.

Hall Of Fame
    Reading comprehension isn't your strength

I never said any of that crap

I used the Jets 09 and 10 season to depict how close the Jets were to the Giants in both of those years and the GIants SB years to show how suggesting their "model of success" should be emulated, it's a bunch of crap

I'm hardly content, so I don't know where you're headed with that one.

As for being banned, I called out our resident pedophile, yeah, when it comes to my daughter being the subject of somebody's sick and twisted schtick, I'll do that again.

And yet, the schtick continues as does the trolling.
    So drafting and developing a legit franchise QB, getting a dominant pass rush, having a competent head coach is something that shouldnt be emulated?? LOL..you are the gift that keeps on giving...LOL

So drafting and developing a legit franchise QB, getting a dominant pass rush, having a competent head coach is something that shouldnt be emulated?? LOL..you are the gift that keeps on giving...LOL

Nice job taking my post out of context

Hall Of Fame

Nice job taking my post out of context
    Right, because you said the Giants "model" should not be emulated. Where is that out of context?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    In case you missed it, the Giants have won 2 recent Super Bowl titles.

They are doing something right.
    True. But they were lucky enough to face your choke artists Patriots both times.
    Kind of diminishes their accomplishments.

Right, because you said the Giants "model" should not be emulated. Where is that out of context?
    Go back and read

I never said the QB, the HC, the WR, the pass rush was not a commodity most teams wouldn't love to have.

But the two SB runs were on two average seasons the ended with a run, there were holes all over the roster. They now have a roster that is ready for a payday, it will interesting to see how the Giants respond. The statement was made that the "Giants will be just fine," there is no way of telling that as of right now, that remains to be seen.

Their SB victory doesn't change this either, despite somebody's notorious stance to whine and complain about everything the Jets do, mock it and compare it to another.

Tell me how the Jets model was any different? They wanted the QB, to date, after two seasons where things were looking good with THAT QB, that situation has regressed, but the model was good, and it got them to two straight AFCCG's, but now suddenly, the model wasn't good.

There are far too many factors in the game to suggest one model is better than the other, and far too many factors that can influence the success of that team, and the model. The last two years, the Jets have been on the downward trend, and have been victim of a ton of misfortune.

Couple this with the injuries and ignorant media piling on, the fanbase is in a frenzy, and few people can look through it all to realize, that things really aren't that bad for this team, even now. I believe Tannenbaum had a plan for the team, with the players that will be coming off the books this year, they are players that are no longer higher performing players, they come off at the right time, for the most part, Tannenbaum hit on this part of his plan. Unfortunately, Sanchez has been the one player that has gone in the wrong direction, but I am on record that believes it hasn't all been his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Guys, stop the nonsense. There isn't a Jets fan in his/her right mind that wouldn't swap the Giants organization fot the Jets in a "New York" Minute. The only thing the Jets have in common with the Giants is that they play in the same stadium. This from a 33 year season ticket holder. It's like comparing the Beatles to the Partridge family. Stop wasting everybody's time, and come back to planet Earth.
    Can't take the 2 SB victories from the Giants, but it's not like they've been a dominant team over the past 5 seasons. They've had two great playoff runs capped by 2 SB victories on the strength of 2 miracle catches. Over the past 5 seasons, their regular season record is 48-32. The Jets are 43-37 over that same span. While the Giants have 2 miracle runs ending with Championships, the Jets have 2 runs that ended in the AFCC.

IDK, they seem pretty "comparable" to me?

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Can't take the 2 SB victories from the Giants, but it's not like they've been a dominant team over the past 5 seasons. They've had two great playoff runs capped by 2 SB victories on the strength of 2 miracle catches. Over the past 5 seasons, their regular season record is 48-32. The Jets are 43-37 over that same span. While the Giants have 2 miracle runs ending with Championships, the Jets have 2 runs that ended in the AFCC.

IDK, they seem pretty "comparable" to me?
    Exactly my point.

I'm not defending the Jets or Tannenbaum, I commented on the Tebow move and the SOJF mantra that everything is doom and gloom, that the GM should have an exact plan, blah blah blah

Maybe if SOJF would stop balling their eyes out, they'd actually be able to see things aren't that bad.
    We don't have a QB, so yes, things are bad. I'd feel a lot better if we had a good one.

Jets Insider VIP
    hopefully we'll have Matt Moore before mid-March

more than a bandaid --- could be a quality starter even after 2013

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    In the last 5 years, the Giants have won 2 Division titles, 2 NFC Conference championships and 2 Super Bowl titles.

And you are comparing the Jets to that success?
    Only 1 division title. They were a Wild Card in '07, that's why they played all of their playoff games on the road (good thing too, they were terrible at home and great on the road that year).

What people don't seem to get about our cap is yes we don't have a lot of money but we really aren't loosing any talent either. It is not going to be hard finding a guy that can play better then Slauson, Pace, Scott, Sanchez, Greene, Howard, Bell, Smith, Smith, or our TE that couldn't stay healthy most of the year. With or without cap issues we are likely to get better this year. Unlike teams like Atlanta and Balt who are likely to loose better talent then they will bring in with what little cap they have. Last year for some reason we just over paid for about 12-16 average to blow average guys and we are paying for it now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    All is well. Remember about a week ago this came from Tanny:

On the salary cap — a situation Tannenbaum was almost brazen in his defense: "You’ll see in the next six weeks how it will pay out. There was a plan … there’s a very detailed plan there."

He added that he wouldn’t be surprised if new GM John Idzik followed his plan, with a few small tweaks, and said he’d be happy to come back on the radio in a few weeks to point it out.

... I really want to hear Tanny get back on the air and talk about it
    He was absolutely, 100% right - there was (and is) a plan in place. The only problem with that plan is that it locked a QB into the roster that didn't deserve to be locked in. And, to a lesser extent, it locked in a WR who, while talented, doesn't appear to be a good lockerroom presence.

The second one is overcomeable. The first one? A wee bit more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    True. But they were lucky enough to face your choke artists Patriots both times.
    Kind of diminishes their accomplishments.
    How's that they beat the preivious SB team winning team and beat the team that would represent the NFC the next year, how is that lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    What people don't seem to get about our cap is yes we don't have a lot of money but we really aren't loosing any talent either. It is not going to be hard finding a guy that can play better then Slauson, Pace, Scott, Sanchez, Greene, Howard, Bell, Smith, Smith, or our TE that couldn't stay healthy most of the year. With or without cap issues we are likely to get better this year. Unlike teams like Atlanta and Balt who are likely to loose better talent then they will bring in with what little cap they have. Last year for some reason we just over paid for about 12-16 average to blow average guys and we are paying for it now.
    I agree with this mostly, the only "Plus" player your losing is Landry. Keller and Pouha are both better than average but had down years. If the jets had 25 mill of cap room losing the other 10 players would not even be an issue.

But I don't understand why you think you will be better, unless you think Sanchez will turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    For once we agree.

Jets "cap hell" is completely blown out of proportion by the media and fans who are ignorant and think we're holding onto the Jason Smiths of the world. Yes, we can't get any big-time FA's but we can sign a couple decent mid-level FA's and sign our draft picks. Revis? Let him earn his big payday by playing lets out for the Jets next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Revis has to get paid, which effects the cap. We have many holes to fill in a sport with a salary cap.
    Let Revis earn his payday by playing lights out for us next season. What's he going to do? Sit out of TC? He can literally drive from his house to Metlife and shut down Julio Jones in September. No one's giving Revis $100 mil after next season if no one has seen him play football in 2 years.

We're going to lose Revis for nothing in 2014? No, we'll be saving like $12 mil against the cap and will probably end up with like $30-40 mil in cap room and can sign another top 5 CB or simply resign Revis.

Do nothing with Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Let Revis earn his payday by playing lights out for us next season. What's he going to do? Sit out of TC? He can literally drive from his house to Metlife and shut down Julio Jones in September. No one's giving Revis $100 mil after next season if no one has seen him play football in 2 years.

We're going to lose Revis for nothing in 2014? No, we'll be saving like $12 mil against the cap and will probably end up with like $30-40 mil in cap room and can sign another top 5 CB or simply resign Revis.

Do nothing with Revis.
    If the Jets do lose Revis, they will most likely pick up the last pick in the 3rd round as well inn 2015.