Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 'buyer beware' free agents

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Over his 5 year career, Keller has averaged 48 receptions, 575 yards and 3 TD's per season.

How do you consider that "above average"?
    Can't argue with the numbers, but I tend to trust my eyes more than the stats. If I'm John Elway, I'd be very interested in Keller. And then, his stats would match his abilities as a receiving TE.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Can't argue with the numbers, but I tend to trust my eyes more than the stats. If I'm John Elway, I'd be very interested in Keller. And then, his stats would match his abilities as a receiving TE.
    Keller would be a very good fit in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Landry's nothing special. Makes some big plays and big hits, but misses a lot of tackles too, and is no better than average in coverage.

If the market recognizes this, bring him back for cheap. There are a number of better safeties in FA, so he may not get such big offers. But if he does, Jets shouldn't try to match.

Could say the same for most of the other FAs on the list. They all do some things well, and are only "buyer beware" if you pay a lot.
    I can agree with this. I actually have no idea how Landry made the pro bowl this year. He is the best S we have had in year but still average IMO. Makes some great high light plays and was a good JET. If he is asking for more then 4mil a year yeah I wish him and the sap that signs that deal luck. He is very replicable. Heck I'll still take Rhodes over him and he is like 31.

I didn't watch all the games but a lot of what I saw of the Jets it looked like while Landry's on the field contribution wasn't quite pro-bowl caliber, he seemed to bring a lot of fire and leadership to the defensive backfield.

I dunno, I thought he had a solid year. He's not a super star but I don't think stats capture all he did for your team.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Only reason why he had a lot of receptions is b.c he was targeted so many times and Sanchez was constantly checking down to him.

But he caught a couple of nice passes in the 2009 playoffs. Too many people in this organization living off of 2009. Hopefully they all are purged soon so we can move towards 2014.
    LOL

So the only reason Keller had a lot of receptions is because he's pretty good, but otherwise, he sucks...

He had his best year in 2011, not 2009

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Landry was excellent this season, his Pro Bowl was well deserved. Profootballfocus's rankings and ratings are garbage
    JMO, Landry was better than his rankings give him credit for and not quite as good as the contract he'll get.

Overall, he was an asset to the Jets. I'd like him back but not at the likely price tag he'll command.

Over his 5 year career, Keller has averaged 48 receptions, 575 yards and 3 TD's per season.

Keller would be a very good fit in Denver.

Cute way to manipulate those stats, troll. Keller missed about 75% of this past season. Including this year as a full year drags down the numbers.

That being said, we need to let Keller walk.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Cute way to manipulate those stats, troll. Keller missed about 75% of this past season. Including this year as a full year drags down the numbers.

That being said, we need to let Keller walk.
    Honestly for the right price especially coming off back to back injury plagued seasons i would bring him back.. He isn't a bad player at all. But i would still bring in or draft another TE..

What?

No Braylon Edwards?

Dreamers is so upset at this.....

Veteran

And what is that douches name that has been throwing the ball to him....????

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL

So the only reason Keller had a lot of receptions is because he's pretty good, but otherwise, he sucks...

He had his best year in 2011, not 2009
    Love the fans that like to be negative about everything with the jets....even better the ones that think they are talent evaluators. Dude is negative about everything hoping he is accepted by the trolls and that schmuck sar.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by RevisCroWilson; 02-07-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wharton_Jet View Post
    Jake Long is an interesting name. Didn't know he was a free agent. He will probably be looking for big money, but there is no better way to shore up the line than to have Long and Brick as the bookends and draft a guard or two
    Man, if we could put long at Right tackle....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL

All Pro
    Not 1 of these guys are worth the contracts they will get or are looking for. These are the type of players that get GMs and HCs fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Not 1 of these guys are worth the contracts they will get or are looking for. These are the type of players that get GMs and HCs fired.
    We end up signing 4 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    We end up signing 4 of them.

Probably.

But, if they were small contracts, I'd love to have a few of these.

Landry is a good player. Not a traditional safety, but still makes an impact, and his ability to cover lots of territory makes other players better.

Keller is overrated. For all his physical gifts he's too clumsy and lacks football IQ.

Keller has all the physical tools but he doesn't block nasty enough and hang tough in the middle. Perhaps with Ray Lewis retired that'll go a long way to removing his jitters...

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Keller, but not recognizing that Mark Sanchez as a QB is part of the problem is a little bit misleading. That's like looking at Larry Fitzgerald's season and not mentioning the Arizona QBs.
    Oh, I agree, Sanchez plays a role, but as much as I dislike Sanchez when it comes to Keller's inconsistent hands or lack thereof blocking ability, you can't blame anyone but Dustin for that.