Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 10 'buyer beware' free agents

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Cute way to manipulate those stats, troll. Keller missed about 75% of this past season. Including this year as a full year drags down the numbers.

That being said, we need to let Keller walk.
    Meh. Keller averages about 42 Yards Per game, that ranks him about 15th in the NFL over the last 4 years. That's pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    JMO, Landry was better than his rankings give him credit for and not quite as good as the contract he'll get.

Overall, he was an asset to the Jets. I'd like him back but not at the likely price tag he'll command.
    Stats don't and can't show how intimidating the guy is. I'm sure players aren't all that comfortable catching the ball when he's lurking in the area.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Meh. Keller averages about 42 Yards Per game, that ranks him about 15th in the NFL over the last 4 years. That's pretty average.
    There are times when Keller seemingly can't be stopped and there are times when he can be blanketed in single coverage by a plodding MLB.

I've noticed - at times - he runs some sloppy routes which probably accounts for some of the inconsistency, but I don't know if that's the sole/primary cause.

Whatever the reason, he should be better than he has been, which is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'm not defending the guy; I'm just merely pointing out how PatsFanTX is a jackass.

Nonetheless, I would imagine that Keller's stats would be better if we fielded an above avg QB.

I have no interest in retaining the guy considering the state of the team, his demands, and the fact that he'll already be 29 at the beginning of the season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    I'm not defending the guy; I'm just merely pointing out how PatsFanTX is a jackass.

Nonetheless, I would imagine that Keller's stats would be better if we fielded an above avg QB.

I have no interest in retaining the guy considering the state of the team, his demands, and the fact that he'll already be 29 at the beginning of the season.
    What are his demands? I haven't heard any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    What are his demands? I haven't heard any yet.
    You may have taken that out of context, my apologizes.

He hasn't publicly stated anything; I was merely looking at the general market for his services, which I would assume is around $5-5.5MM/per. I don't think it's worth it. If we were still highly competitive headed into '13, I'd say franchise him and/or possibly look at a long term deal where we could get off the hook after two seasons, but we are too far away from fielding a good offense/team.